what is the best 3v3 comp for rogues in 5.2

I've recently come back to the game and am an avid pvper and currently have no idea whats the best comp now-a-days. Is it still RMP and RLS or what?

thanks in advance!

RMP or Thug is still very strong. rogue shadowpriest rshaman/rdruid still work.
    Last edited by heltvild; 2013-03-21 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How good is the Rogue? For noob rogues Thug, for moderate rogues RPS, for pre Cata rogues who know how to actually play their class RMP (also requires pre Cata mage who knows how to play their class)
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

STAPH using stupid abbreviations and names for 3v3 compositions!

On Topic

No idea man... try Rouge/Mage/Disc Priest
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    STAPH using stupid abbreviations and names for 3v3 compositions!
    Why if I may ask? It's like 100 times easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either rogue mage disc or rogue shadow resto shaman/druid.
    There are several other rogue comps that work, but as for now, that are the top comps.

There are a lot of good comps for rogues right now.

RMP
    RLS
    RPS
    PMR (with a monk)
    Thugcleave
    RPD
    Rogue/dk/healer

etc

Cant go wrong with thugcleave aka Rogue/Hunter/Disc. Completely counters alot of comps and is in general pretty easy to play.

If not, then stick a rogue with another op class, namely spriest or mage, throw an rsham or rdruid in there and your golden. Pretty much the way of things right now in pvp, throw 2 op classes together and stick an rsham on it and its viable.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the following are rank 1 capable rogue comps this season:

Rogue / Hunter / Hpal
    Rogue / Frost Mage / Disc or Mist
    Rogue / Affliction / Rshaman
    Rogue / Shadow / Rshaman

Of all them, since you want "the best" - then answer is RMP.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    All the following are rank 1 capable rogue comps this season:

Rogue / Hunter / Hpal
    Rogue / Frost Mage / Disc or Mist
    Rogue / Affliction / Rshaman
    Rogue / Shadow / Rshaman

Of all them, since you want "the best" - then answer is RMP.
    This, although i'd say RPD instead of RPS. I'd argue that Thugcleave is as good as RMP if not better, but the 4 main ones are Thug, RMP, RLS and RPD.

edit: and thug could be played with a disc priest. It has a much better opener than rogue/hunter/pala because of the fear bomb on dps and MD against palas
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-22 at 02:39 AM.

I want to try dancing with the stars: it's like "NOT LEAVING THE BOMB EVER. OH AND YOU'RE SILENCED TOO. MUAH HAHAHA."

Personally thugcleave >> RPS > || ~ = RMP

thugcleaves dmg and instant cc is just so high, when either target is tunnelled they can still put out close to there max damage unlike if the shadow or mage gets trained in the later comps where you'll rely on cc chains to get off burst windows. thugcleaves gonna be easier...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played rmd+thugcleave with rdruid and rsp all viable for 2.2k atleast and some higher. Fun comps!

Deleted
    RMP is very very strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    This, although i'd say RPD instead of RPS. I'd argue that Thugcleave is as good as RMP if not better, but the 4 main ones are Thug, RMP, RLS and RPD.

edit: and thug could be played with a disc priest. It has a much better opener than rogue/hunter/pala because of the fear bomb on dps and MD against palas
    Agreed mostly Thugcleave is easier to play - it's absurdly lethal for the first couple minutes, and even after they burn through their cooldowns they are still bursty enough to score a kill at any moment. Thugcleave has counters though, there are some comps - like Shatterplay - that at least soft counters to Thug. RMP has no counter comps, it's good against everything - but you need to know how to play against every different comp; RMP has higher potential and no counters. That said, if I were going to play my Rogue this season, I'd rather play Thug I think

Agreed on RPD vs. RPS, RPD is clearly the stronger variant now that I think about it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter