Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Yes, this is what I do, my alt has a save to LK, Al'akir, and Yogg. All I do is log the alt on every week, log on a friend's account and invite it to a group, log off and log on my main, join the group and beat things up. I don't know what people are talking about "removing the alt from the raid or it'll get saved", I've never had that happen to me.
    Do you log off inside the instance or hearth out? Could have sworn that if you left the alt in the instance during the kill, even if it was logged off, the alt would get saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Do you log off inside the instance or hearth out? Could have sworn that if you left the alt in the instance during the kill, even if it was logged off, the alt would get saved.
    I don't put my alt in the instance at all, he's just in the group offline.

Deleted
    I had totally missed out on this, thanks a lot for the info

Is it possible to do this for older raids, specifically Vanilla and TBC? Like leaving just Garr, Geddon, and Rag up in MC (Domo too of course) and Illidan/Kil'Jaeden in BT/Sunwell? You can see that I'm going through my "all my alts need legendaries" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    Is it possible to do this for older raids, specifically Vanilla and TBC? Like leaving just Garr, Geddon, and Rag up in MC (Domo too of course) and Illidan/Kil'Jaeden in BT/Sunwell? You can see that I'm going through my "all my alts need legendaries" phase.

No, anything under wotlk works differently, if you kill something and logg then whichever alt finishes off will complete the instance, saving anybody who helped clear upto whichever boss you stopped at.

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    No, anything under wotlk works differently, if you kill something and logg then whichever alt finishes off will complete the instance, saving anybody who helped clear upto whichever boss you stopped at.
    Well that's a bummer but very interesting nonetheless. Does it have to do with the difficulty levels at all, i.e. 10N/25N and 10H/25H?

Deleted
    They added individual raid lockouts at the end of wrath but didn't add it to old instances

Deleted
    Hold on a moment there guys... you are writing about farming Invincible, from Lich King 25 man heroic version, last boss in WOTLK Expansion... Question is... You seriously are doing it on your own, soloing LK? It is what I have been reading over here, but I am not sure if I am not confused or anything :P

no, you make a group and kill just the last boss (and not clear the whole instance) every week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Yes, this was my intention, but other posters have said this won't work. Did you personally do this?
    I did , did not work.

You've been able to extend a lockout permanently in non-heroic instances for like 4 years. To do Heroic LK, you just save an alt to 11/12 normal, move a toon inside, then swap it to heroic.

????

Profit

For reference, I'm about to do an Ulduar one now, I don't know exactly how to do the ICC one, but I know you can, pretty sure it's as above. For Ulduar, I have a save with Yogg alive, and I just extend it and make sure I don't kill it on that toon, I can spawn it as many times as I want per week (With a 30min soft reset), I zone in on the toon with the lockout, get other people to zone in, hearth, leave the group on the toon with the lockout, then grab another toon, join the group, pewpewpew.

I don't farm ICC because I have Invincibleeeeeeeee <3
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2013-03-28 at 02:16 PM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    Hold on a moment there guys... you are writing about farming Invincible, from Lich King 25 man heroic version, last boss in WOTLK Expansion... Question is... You seriously are doing it on your own, soloing LK? It is what I have been reading over here, but I am not sure if I am not confused or anything :P
    Some well geared classes can solo it such as DKs and Paladins. For most people it's probably easier to bring a few friends to do it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Some well geared classes can solo it such as DKs and Paladins. For most people it's probably easier to bring a few friends to do it though.
    You don't even need gear on some. Dks can do it with as low as (probably lower) a 490 ilevel, and paladins + hunters will probably manage fairly easily with 500ish. I'd imagine a really geared prot warrior can manage it NP also.

I've done it at 80 too, but that'll probably get called a bug (despite my most recent kill not being one ;P)

Deleted
    Is it possible to get a save for 11/12 normal in 10 man and then do it 25hc on LK?

Quick answer please!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaskhalsen View Post
    Is it possible to get a save for 11/12 normal in 10 man and then do it 25hc on LK?

Quick answer please!
    yes

10chars

Deleted
    So, me and my 3 friends made a 10 man normal save. Now we are on our mains on LK 25 HC but we are having trouble killing the boss due to Infest eating me (tank) up and valkyres taking my friends from me. Is it really possible to do this with fewer than 10 people?

So, me and my 3 friends made a 10 man normal save. Now we are on our mains on LK 25 HC but we are having trouble killing the boss due to Infest eating me (tank) up and valkyres taking my friends from me. Is it really possible to do this with fewer than 10 people?
    Soloable as a DK with decent gear, easily duoable with lower ilvl (2nd guy will probably die in P1 then just ress him in the final phase)

Quote Originally Posted by theorangebox View Post
    I bet this is unintentional, so enjoy it while you can. Hopefully they dont care though
    You'll probably never see this but why would it be unintentional? It's still one boss kill per week.

Definitely doable, there's a few videos of Hunters, DK's, and Paladins(possibly more classes) soloing him, it would be tough but to do but it's possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Non-Tanks taunt Spirits from transition phases before valkys spawn - this classes you as a "tank" and you won't get picked up.
    You mean spirits in transition phase? On the edge

Deleted
    Hi,

i tried to do this with a friend of mine so we cleared 11/12 normal ICC on our twinks to switch it afterwards to 25hc when we're logged in with our mains.
    Unfortunately we can only switch to 10 heroic icc, are we doing something wrong?

I guess we missed something :s

thank you