Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Non-Tanks taunt Spirits from transition phases before valkys spawn - this classes you as a "tank" and you won't get picked up.
    You mean spirits in transition phase? On the edge
    Xanthous || 6/6 Legendaries! - Progress

  2. #42
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    262
    aye, the raging spirits.
    Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

  3. #43
    Hi,

    i tried to do this with a friend of mine so we cleared 11/12 normal ICC on our twinks to switch it afterwards to 25hc when we're logged in with our mains.
    Unfortunately we can only switch to 10 heroic icc, are we doing something wrong?

    I guess we missed something :s

    thank you

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Hi,

    i tried to do this with a friend of mine so we cleared 11/12 normal ICC on our twinks to switch it afterwards to 25hc when we're logged in with our mains.
    Unfortunately we can only switch to 10 heroic icc, are we doing something wrong?

    I guess we missed something :s

    thank you
    You could never go from 25 HC to 10 HC in any raid.

  5. #45
    Warchief Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Hi,

    i tried to do this with a friend of mine so we cleared 11/12 normal ICC on our twinks to switch it afterwards to 25hc when we're logged in with our mains.
    Unfortunately we can only switch to 10 heroic icc, are we doing something wrong?

    I guess we missed something :s

    thank you
    You can only switch to 25 heroic after running 10 normal if you haven't triggered 10hc/25n at all during the run.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 02:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    You could never go from 25 HC to 10 HC in any raid.
    Been changed awhile ago, you can now switch to 25hc after clearing 10 normal. It's how all the LK solo kills are being done.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  6. #46
    Thank you for the quick answer.

    We cleared everything on 10m normal, but we achieved to switch it to 25hc now by accident, dunno what we did. lol.

  7. #47
    Okay, so I got an alt saved to an ICC25HC raid. I got dc'd after 8/12 bosses just before Blood Queen and couldn't come back in time, so the rest of the raid cleared it out. If I extend raid lock next week will I still be 8/12 or will it be reset because the rest of the raid cleared it?

  8. #48
    I have a 11/12 ICC lockout on my alt that I have extended. The lockout expires on reset day tomorrow. Is it possible to extend it further on the same character?

    edit: it worked

  9. #49
    Can't get this to work. Just cleared 11/12 ICC 10 Normal on my paladin alt with my friends priest. So we have 2 toons saved to 11/12 ICC 10 Normal. I logged off my paladin and joined the group on my main. I entered ICC and it asked if I wanted to be saved to 11/12. I hit yet but it didn't actually add anything to my raid lockout. I've tried switching it to 25 Heroic on the priest, and my main. For the priest it says they must have killed LK 25 Normal before being able to switch to Heroic. When I try on my main, it only gives 10 Heroic as an option and if I leave group and set it to 25 heroic from outside the instance it says "This instance is already in progress. You may only switch difficulties from inside the instance." but if I go inside, it only gives me 10 Heroic as an option. What's going wrong?

  10. #50
    High Overlord rhapso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    176
    you need to go inside the 25-man difficulty, accept the lockout inside the 25-man ICC and switch INSIDE to 25-HC.
    (You need to be in a raid for it to work, it will bug if you are not in a raidgroup but just a normal party)

    EDIT: And of course, you need the NHC kill to be able to switch
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

    DK Guide to LK 25 Heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixa6Tyqd-oY

  11. #51
    The characters you're using also have to have killed the Lich King on 25 Normal at least once in their existence otherwise you won't be able to switch to 25H using that character's lockout.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    Can't get this to work. Just cleared 11/12 ICC 10 Normal on my paladin alt with my friends priest. So we have 2 toons saved to 11/12 ICC 10 Normal. I logged off my paladin and joined the group on my main. I entered ICC and it asked if I wanted to be saved to 11/12. I hit yet but it didn't actually add anything to my raid lockout. I've tried switching it to 25 Heroic on the priest, and my main. For the priest it says they must have killed LK 25 Normal before being able to switch to Heroic. When I try on my main, it only gives 10 Heroic as an option and if I leave group and set it to 25 heroic from outside the instance it says "This instance is already in progress. You may only switch difficulties from inside the instance." but if I go inside, it only gives me 10 Heroic as an option. What's going wrong?
    1. Put the toon you want to solo with and a toon with a lockout in the same group.
    2. Activate the lockout toon's older 11/12 NORMAL ONLY lockout.
    3. Give lead to the toon that is soloing (or invite someone that has killed LK before and give them lead).
    4. Change raid difficulty to 25 NORMAL.
    4. Zone in on the toon that is soloing.
    5. Hit yes to the 11/12 notice that pops up, then change to 25 HEROIC (either with the solo toon or whoever is currently the leader).
    6. Hit yes to the new 11/12 notice, proceed to LK.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    1. Put the toon you want to solo with and a toon with a lockout in the same group.
    2. Activate the lockout toon's older 11/12 NORMAL ONLY lockout.
    3. Give lead to the toon that is soloing (or invite someone that has killed LK before and give them lead).
    4. Change raid difficulty to 25 NORMAL.
    4. Zone in on the toon that is soloing.
    5. Hit yes to the 11/12 notice that pops up, then change to 25 HEROIC (either with the solo toon or whoever is currently the leader).
    6. Hit yes to the new 11/12 notice, proceed to LK.
    You also have to change it from party to raid size or you will never be able to change it from 25 normal to heroic, for those who are still stuck.

  14. #54
    hey, awesome thread but 2 questions:

    1. i wanna do 11/12 10m normal ICC on my alt to extend it every week to farm LK 25 man hc on my main.

    how do i switch to from 10m nm on 25hc without f***ing up my raid id?

    2. my alt never did icc before, do i need to kill 25 nm lk on him to make this possible?

    thanks!

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,653
    Quote Originally Posted by JaqenHghar View Post
    hey, awesome thread but 2 questions:

    1. i wanna do 11/12 10m normal ICC on my alt to extend it every week to farm LK 25 man hc on my main.

    how do i switch to from 10m nm on 25hc without f***ing up my raid id?

    2. my alt never did icc before, do i need to kill 25 nm lk on him to make this possible?

    thanks!
    You DO need to have killed 25 nm LK on the alt to make it possible.

    However, you CAN get a 10/12 10 man normal ICC lockout, swap to main, kill the 11th boss, then switch it to heroic 25 man and do LK.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  16. #56
    ahhh thx mate! so i do 10/12 10m nm on my alt, take id with main kill sindragosa on 10m nm and switch to 25m hc right?

  17. #57
    Grunt Cnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    From Denmark
    Posts
    12

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Thank you for the quick answer.

    We cleared everything on 10m normal, but we achieved to switch it to 25hc now by accident, dunno what we did. lol.
    you need to have done it on 25man N be for you can go to 25man HC when you have done it ones you can do what you are trying to by killing 11/12 on 10man N and then go to 25man HC so one of you most have done it on 25man so GL in ICC

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    Hold on a moment there guys... you are writing about farming Invincible, from Lich King 25 man heroic version, last boss in WOTLK Expansion... Question is... You seriously are doing it on your own, soloing LK? It is what I have been reading over here, but I am not sure if I am not confused or anything :P
    I solo it every week. I used to solo it as prot before the vengeance nerf. Now I solo it as ret.

    edit - holy thread necro. Did not notice that.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2014-01-15 at 04:16 PM.

  19. #59
    So many questions, here is the simple answer.

    1. Do 11/12 bosses normal mode (10 man or 25 does not matter) with your ALT. Now you have a save.
    2. Invite a friend and make him leader. Then log your main.
    3. Have your friend invite your main/soloer into the same group as your alt which is now OUTSIDE and OFFLINE of the raid, BUT in the same group!
    4. Set difficulty to 25 man OUTSIDE OF THE RAID, then go inside, you will see 11/12 bosses killed message, now set 25 man heroic INSIDE THE RAID
    5. Simply kill the boss and wish for good loot!
    6. NEXT WEEK, log your alt and EXTEND the 11/12 save that your alt has! Since it is a normal save, it WILL NOT BE AFFECTED when you kill the boss on HC.
    7. Again, invite a friend, and have that friend invite your main/soloer. And simply repeat step three and four.
    8. Keep doing this every week until the save expires (takes a few months) or until you have all loot you want.

    NOTE! Killing the last boss with a different char then the char that has the 11/12 NORMAL save will not automatically kill the boss for the save-holder. So you can simply use the same save for multiple chars. EXAMPLE:

    Character A has a 11/12 NORMAL save. Character A invites Friend X to the group. Friend X now invites Character B into the group. Character B kills the boss. Now Friend X, which is still in group with Character A, now invites Character C into the group. Character C kills the boss. Now Friend X invites Character D, and after that Character E and after that Character F. As long as Character A does not kill the boss, you can use his NORMAL save UNLIMITED TIMES and also set HEROIC and kill the boss on other characters then Character A.

    NOTE! The save HAS to be a normal save. If you get a 11/12 Heroic save, the boss will be dead for Character A if Character B kills it. But if the save is Normal, the boss will never be dead for Character A, regardless how many other chars that kill him on Heroic!

    Hope it all made sense!

    GL with the mounts!
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2014-01-15 at 08:12 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    So many questions, here is the simple answer.

    1. Do 11/12 bosses normal mode (10 man or 25 does not matter) with your ALT. Now you have a save.
    2. Invite a friend and make him leader. Then log your main.
    3. Have your friend invite your main/soloer into the same group as your alt which is now OUTSIDE and OFFLINE of the raid, BUT in the same group!
    4. Set difficulty to 25 man OUTSIDE OF THE RAID, then go inside, you will see 11/12 bosses killed message, now set 25 man heroic INSIDE THE RAID
    5. Simply kill the boss and wish for good loot!
    6. NEXT WEEK, log your alt and EXTEND the 11/12 save that your alt has! Since it is a normal save, it WILL NOT BE AFFECTED when you kill the boss on HC.
    7. Again, invite a friend, and have that friend invite your main/soloer. And simply repeat step three and four.
    8. Keep doing this every week until the save expires (takes a few months) or until you have all loot you want.

    NOTE! Killing the last boss with a different char then the char that has the 11/12 NORMAL save will not automatically kill the boss for the save-holder. So you can simply use the same save for multiple chars. EXAMPLE:

    Character A has a 11/12 NORMAL save. Character A invites Friend X to the group. Friend X now invites Character B into the group. Character B kills the boss. Now Friend X, which is still in group with Character A, now invites Character C into the group. Character C kills the boss. Now Friend X invites Character D, and after that Character E and after that Character F. As long as Character A does not kill the boss, you can use his NORMAL save UNLIMITED TIMES and also set HEROIC and kill the boss on other characters then Character A.

    NOTE! The save HAS to be a normal save. If you get a 11/12 Heroic save, the boss will be dead for Character A if Character B kills it. But if the save is Normal, the boss will never be dead for Character A, regardless how many other chars that kill him on Heroic!

    Hope it all made sense!

    GL with the mounts!
    Quoting for future use. This is hands down the best guide I've seen on how this works. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •