aye, the raging spirits.
Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info
i tried to do this with a friend of mine so we cleared 11/12 normal ICC on our twinks to switch it afterwards to 25hc when we're logged in with our mains.
Unfortunately we can only switch to 10 heroic icc, are we doing something wrong?
I guess we missed something :s
---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 02:42 PM ----------
Formerly known as NonameXADX
Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!
Thank you for the quick answer.
We cleared everything on 10m normal, but we achieved to switch it to 25hc now by accident, dunno what we did. lol.
Okay, so I got an alt saved to an ICC25HC raid. I got dc'd after 8/12 bosses just before Blood Queen and couldn't come back in time, so the rest of the raid cleared it out. If I extend raid lock next week will I still be 8/12 or will it be reset because the rest of the raid cleared it?
I have a 11/12 ICC lockout on my alt that I have extended. The lockout expires on reset day tomorrow. Is it possible to extend it further on the same character?
edit: it worked
Can't get this to work. Just cleared 11/12 ICC 10 Normal on my paladin alt with my friends priest. So we have 2 toons saved to 11/12 ICC 10 Normal. I logged off my paladin and joined the group on my main. I entered ICC and it asked if I wanted to be saved to 11/12. I hit yet but it didn't actually add anything to my raid lockout. I've tried switching it to 25 Heroic on the priest, and my main. For the priest it says they must have killed LK 25 Normal before being able to switch to Heroic. When I try on my main, it only gives 10 Heroic as an option and if I leave group and set it to 25 heroic from outside the instance it says "This instance is already in progress. You may only switch difficulties from inside the instance." but if I go inside, it only gives me 10 Heroic as an option. What's going wrong?
you need to go inside the 25-man difficulty, accept the lockout inside the 25-man ICC and switch INSIDE to 25-HC.
(You need to be in a raid for it to work, it will bug if you are not in a raidgroup but just a normal party)
EDIT: And of course, you need the NHC kill to be able to switch
What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
DK Guide to LK 25 Heroic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixa6Tyqd-oY
2. Activate the lockout toon's older 11/12 NORMAL ONLY lockout.
3. Give lead to the toon that is soloing (or invite someone that has killed LK before and give them lead).
4. Change raid difficulty to 25 NORMAL.
4. Zone in on the toon that is soloing.
5. Hit yes to the 11/12 notice that pops up, then change to 25 HEROIC (either with the solo toon or whoever is currently the leader).
6. Hit yes to the new 11/12 notice, proceed to LK.
hey, awesome thread but 2 questions:
1. i wanna do 11/12 10m normal ICC on my alt to extend it every week to farm LK 25 man hc on my main.
how do i switch to from 10m nm on 25hc without f***ing up my raid id?
2. my alt never did icc before, do i need to kill 25 nm lk on him to make this possible?
ahhh thx mate! so i do 10/12 10m nm on my alt, take id with main kill sindragosa on 10m nm and switch to 25m hc right?
So many questions, here is the simple answer.
1. Do 11/12 bosses normal mode (10 man or 25 does not matter) with your ALT. Now you have a save.
2. Invite a friend and make him leader. Then log your main.
3. Have your friend invite your main/soloer into the same group as your alt which is now OUTSIDE and OFFLINE of the raid, BUT in the same group!
4. Set difficulty to 25 man OUTSIDE OF THE RAID, then go inside, you will see 11/12 bosses killed message, now set 25 man heroic INSIDE THE RAID
5. Simply kill the boss and wish for good loot!
6. NEXT WEEK, log your alt and EXTEND the 11/12 save that your alt has! Since it is a normal save, it WILL NOT BE AFFECTED when you kill the boss on HC.
7. Again, invite a friend, and have that friend invite your main/soloer. And simply repeat step three and four.
8. Keep doing this every week until the save expires (takes a few months) or until you have all loot you want.
NOTE! Killing the last boss with a different char then the char that has the 11/12 NORMAL save will not automatically kill the boss for the save-holder. So you can simply use the same save for multiple chars. EXAMPLE:
Character A has a 11/12 NORMAL save. Character A invites Friend X to the group. Friend X now invites Character B into the group. Character B kills the boss. Now Friend X, which is still in group with Character A, now invites Character C into the group. Character C kills the boss. Now Friend X invites Character D, and after that Character E and after that Character F. As long as Character A does not kill the boss, you can use his NORMAL save UNLIMITED TIMES and also set HEROIC and kill the boss on other characters then Character A.
NOTE! The save HAS to be a normal save. If you get a 11/12 Heroic save, the boss will be dead for Character A if Character B kills it. But if the save is Normal, the boss will never be dead for Character A, regardless how many other chars that kill him on Heroic!
Hope it all made sense!
GL with the mounts!
Last edited by Battlebeard; 2014-01-15 at 08:12 PM.