Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Does anyone have a solution like this for heroic deathwing?
    I killed all the bosses up to spine on heroic but still cannot start heroic deathwing after sharing the lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Does anyone have a solution like this for heroic deathwing?
    I killed all the bosses up to spine on heroic but still cannot start heroic deathwing after sharing the lockout.
    You can't extend heroic lockouts indefinitely for instances that still require all the bosses to be killed on heroic up to the end boss. If you kill H DW then it would be dead on any alt's lockout that you saved. Until they change it so that you don't have to do the first 7 on Heroic to do H DW, that won't be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    You can't extend heroic lockouts indefinitely for instances that still require all the bosses to be killed on heroic up to the end boss. If you kill H DW then it would be dead on any alt's lockout that you saved. Until they change it so that you don't have to do the first 7 on Heroic to do H DW, that won't be possible.
    I couldn't even share it without killing him, this is what I tried last week:

A+B: Killed all bosses on heroic incl. H Spine -> Leave instance + group
    A (outside of the instance) invites C, C enters normal DS, accepts lockout and is in front of DW.
    A gives lead to C, C sets difficulity to heroic but cannot start the encounter ("You cannot start this encounter until you complete all the previous encounters in heroic").

Guess I'll just skip this mount until there's a new achievement for collecing mounts

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    I couldn't even share it without killing him, this is what I tried last week:

A+B: Killed all bosses on heroic incl. H Spine -> Leave instance + group
    A (outside of the instance) invites C, C enters normal DS, accepts lockout and is in front of DW.
    A gives lead to C, C sets difficulity to heroic but cannot start the encounter ("You cannot start this encounter until you complete all the previous encounters in heroic").

Guess I'll just skip this mount until there's a new achievement for collecing mounts
    You need to form the group while still inside the heroic instance (i.e. zone in on character A before inviting someone else to get your alts in), otherwise your invited toon only gets credit for normal boss kills. You don't have to do this for LK because LK does not require the character in question to have fully completed the instance on heroic.

Of course the problem here is if you were able to do Spine on character A, there's no real reason to switch to character C since A is more than capable of doing heroic madness and character C wouldn't be able to piggy back off of character A's heroic lockout at spine since old heroic lockouts function identically to current mythic lockouts.

With DS Lockouts, could you go through, kill up to Madness on normal, extend that lockout.
    Then get it on the char you want to kill it on, then switch to HM (if the char you are switching on has killed Normal Madness).
    That's how I used my LK lockouts. Cleared up to LK on normal, walk out, switch to 25man normal, walk in, switch to 25HM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off topic, but how are people doing spine on heroic? Maybe I should kill less tentacles at once, but the bloods were hitting me for 30k hp per swing

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I think he means so that he can skip everything but Yogg every week.

Kill up to yogg, save lockout.
    Get on alt save lockout.
    Kill yogg week 1.

Week 2 get on alt to exend lockout to main.
    Main now has only yogg alive.
    kills yogg on main.

I don't think this works. Because once you kill Yogg under that raid id, he will be dead for everybody on that raid id wont he?
    I BELIEVE that is only the case with Heroic locks, however I can't be sure since Ulduar predated HM so it might have custom logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You need to kill 1 boss atleast with your alt.
    I cleared on Uld10m up to General, got my mate with his alt, he was present for the save on the boss, after the kill we went outside, disband the raid, i changed raid to 25m and proceed to kill yogg.
    After that logged one of my alts, he invited me, converted to raid, switched to 25m, i enter - accept the save, and remove him from the group. So the lock-out save continues.
    Atleast thats how i do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    With DS Lockouts, could you go through, kill up to Madness on normal, extend that lockout.
    Then get it on the char you want to kill it on, then switch to HM (if the char you are switching on has killed Normal Madness).
    That's how I used my LK lockouts. Cleared up to LK on normal, walk out, switch to 25man normal, walk in, switch to 25HM.
    No, because Heroic Deathwing requires you to have killed the first 7 on Heroic as well. That's why you can't save DS lockouts to just farm H DW and have to re-clear each week.

ICC used to be like that when it was current, but some patch long ago they changed it so that H LK does not require anything else to be killed on heroic, and that's why what you do works there.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    No, because you can not access Spine and Madness heroics without doing the first 6 bosses on heroic.