quick question about tanks and where they stand in dps in PvP

On a damage output scale of 1 to 10.

If a DPS scores a 10.
    A healer scores a 5.

How much does a tank score ? (no vengeance in pvp)

It depends. Their damage is probably about the same as a healer (a little higher with CDs up), but obviously tanks have interrupts / stuns still so can do a little more pressure. Nowhere near the damage of a DPS though.

The only reason you should ever take a tank to PvP is to flag carry. DPS have so much more utility and damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It depends. Their damage is probably about the same as a healer (a little higher with CDs up), but obviously tanks have interrupts / stuns still so can do a little more pressure. Nowhere near the damage of a DPS though.

The only reason you should ever take a tank to PvP is to flag carry. DPS have so much more utility and damage.
    That's for single target I assume?

Having a tank go nuts with his cleaving / aoe on multiple targets will hurt your healers mana. But as said, a tank is only needed to carry flags.
    As for utility, I don't think tanks bring less utility than their dps counterparts. Different, yes, but less, nah.

Interestingly swifty recently put a video up about protection warriors in PvP and he was doing duels with his character. He seemed to be doing a rather large amount of damage and I'd rate protection warriors probably the highest out of all the tanks, I'd probably put them all inbetween the dps and healers, and put warriors above the rest of the tanks.

Might be worth a watch for anyone interested anyway.

I haven't pvped in tank spec in a long time, so I am not sure about this, but do tank specs get any damage benefit from pvp power? Because healers do not. That should answer the question of whether tanks or healers do more damage in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    I haven't pvped in tank spec in a long time, so I am not sure about this, but do tank specs get any damage benefit from pvp power? Because healers do not. That should answer the question of whether tanks or healers do more damage in pvp.
    They do, but nonetheless, it's still little damage.

Deleted
    Prot warrior damage is very bad, on par with other tanks.. Blood DKs have more damage tho.

Surely they can't be on the same level with healer damage. Healers get 0% from PvP Power, tank specs get the full 100% to dmg from PvP Power. That's a ~50%(not sure how much full set of pvp power gives) difference from gear alone already.