Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,757

    March patch - Flame & Frost, The Razing

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...es/march-2013/

    March 26, 2013
    A hybrid army erupts through fiery portals in the Shiverpeaks. A Molten Alliance between the dredge and the charr Flame Legion has created a force powerful enough to massacre any who stand in their way. One settlement, one homestead at a time, they’re wiping out all resistance. The razing has begun.

    In Flame and Frost: The Razing you’ll meet the norn Braham and Rox the charr, two Tyrians who fervently believe in doing what’s right, no matter the risk. Join Braham and Rox in a desperate battle to defend their homelands from annihilation in the third installment in this four-part series!


    New Features


    Braham’s Struggle
    As the cities struggle to handle the influx of refugees, a valiant young norn named Braham seeks help for the besieged people of his homestead. Join Braham on his journey to find aid for those norn who stayed behind in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks—a journey that will bring you into conflict with the deadly Molten Alliance!

    Rox’s Mission
    During the chaos, Rox—a charr ranger lacking a warband—is sent on a desperate mercy mission by Rytlock Brimstone himself. Team up with this young charr gladium as she strives to prove her worth on a dangerous errand in the midst of a war zone!

    We’ve Been Infiltrated!
    The dredge have constructed a series of surveillance posts throughout the Diessa Plateau and Wayfarer Foothills to keep tabs on their prospective new territory. Confound the Molten Alliance’s war efforts by destroying these spy posts wherever you find them!


    New WvW Progressions and Abilities
    There’s never been a better time to play World vs. World! We’re adding a brand-new WvW progression system—which includes new World XP and new WvW Ranks. You can use your WvW Ranks to purchase new titles and abilities that are exclusive to WvW. We’re also rolling out new WvW achievements to help you track and plan your progress; you can keep track of them in your Achievement panel.

    Improved World vs. World Performance
    We’ve made vast improvements in World vs. World with the elimination of culling, a process that used to make some enemy players invisible in large groups. Beginning March 26, you’ll be able to see way more players on-screen in WvW, even in the largest pitched battles!


    New Guild Bounty Hunt Targets
    More fugitives are on the run, and the Tyrian authorities need your guild to bring them in! Prepare yourself for a challenge, because these three new bounty targets are more elusive and menacing than ever. Bounty Hunt Training missions are perfect for a new or small guild looking to work their way up to bigger challenges.


    Introducing Leaderboards
    We’re excited to announce that we’ll activate Guild Wars 2 leaderboards with the release of Flame and Frost: The Razing on March 26. However, the leaderboards website won’t be visible to players until we’re sure it has stable information, which could take up to a week after the release goes live on March 26. Initially, the leaderboards will feature WvW rankings, PvP player rankings, and total achievement points.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    YESSSSSSSS!! This is awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  3. #3
    Nothing really of interest to me, but I have enough on my plate atm, so I'm perfectly fine with that. Hope the WvW changes and the addition of leaderboards are good for all of you interested at any rate.

  4. #4
    WvWvW abilities look like they could be interesting. Hopefully there's a discount for buying upgrades somewhere in there.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  5. #5
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,016
    Eh. Kinda don't care about the WvWvW stuff. Guess its only more of Flame and Frost for me.

  6. #6
    Have they started rewarding Dolyak escorts, and defending actually owned areas yet?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #7
    leaderboards FINALLY! 0.o now i can prove that i am l33t =)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Have they started rewarding Dolyak escorts, and defending actually owned areas yet?
    No announcements regarding wuvwuv rewards. They haven't put out patch notes proper, so maybe; not really getting my hopes up, though.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  9. #9
    Nice update. Now, instead of fixing broken signs and collecting mementos, you gonna need to follow those 2 NPCs in dynamic events to kill some dredges and charrs numerous times until you get new title! Very interesting and so deep! *clap*clap*clap*

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Nice update. Now, instead of fixing broken signs and collecting mementos, you gonna need to follow those 2 NPCs in dynamic events to kill some dredges and charrs numerous times until you get new title! Very interesting and so deep! *clap*clap*clap*
    I know right. Don't get me wrong, more events are better, I do enjoy running events, but I think Living Story was not a good title choice for this stuff. There hasn't really been much in the way of story telling in these updates, I'm still enjoying it though.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I know right. Don't get me wrong, more events are better, I do enjoy running events, but I think Living Story was not a good title choice for this stuff. There hasn't really been much in the way of story telling in these updates, I'm still enjoying it though.
    lets not draw to conclusion yet 0.o
    they have said that the first two where just little teasers lets hope this part will be bigger..

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    lets not draw to conclusion yet 0.o
    they have said that the first two where just little teasers lets hope this part will be bigger..
    Maybe, but part one and two didn't really have any story and to me having new dynamic events is not really telling a story either, in my opinion a story can't really be told well through dynamic events or at least it hasn't yet. Would be cool if we got some character dialog presented through cut scenes similar to the ones in the personal story and dungeons. I just want more lore is all, and there really hasn't been all that much of it for these past two events.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    lets not draw to conclusion yet 0.o
    they have said that the first two where just little teasers lets hope this part will be bigger..
    They've certainly been teasers if you ask me!! I mean what's gonna happen when the refugees are shipped to south sun? Why are dredge and flame legion actually working together? Etc etc.

    I hope the living story will answer most of this stuff!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    They've certainly been teasers if you ask me!! I mean what's gonna happen when the refugees are shipped to south sun? Why are dredge and flame legion actually working together? Etc etc.

    I hope the living story will answer most of this stuff!!
    Yeah, I actually took a quick tour of the island to see if I noticed anything new. The island seems ripe for expansion, so it was nice to see the mention of it. Consortium can use some flesh too.

  15. #15
    Here's some more info on the new Guild Bounty missions. There is a new mission type that is more accessible by smaller guilds.

  16. #16
    the training missions don't give any rewards other than influence as far as I know, at least that is what it seems from the forum posts

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Here's some more info on the new Guild Bounty missions. There is a new mission type that is more accessible by smaller guilds.
    It does require Art of War 3, which is easier to get, but still a little silly IMO, to have a pvp track in order to unlock the pve thing.

    Ah well.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It does require Art of War 3, which is easier to get, but still a little silly IMO, to have a pvp track in order to unlock the pve thing.

    Ah well.
    Well Art of War isn't all PvP, and I think they're trying to get more guilds into WvW, and by everyone trying to get Art of War, a lot more guilds are going to say "hey, let's try out that aspect of the game we just spent a ton of influence on!" I know that's what my guild did!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  19. #19
    This is the patch I dislike the most so far. Probably because I feel like pvp is way gone so the leaderboards don't change much for me.
    WvW changes are nice, but long due.
    The living story is good but it needs to be REALLY awesome now to compensate...
    Guild missions is nice.

    The only thing that can make me happy is some good balance changes.

  20. #20
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    This is the patch I dislike the most so far. Probably because I feel like pvp is way gone so the leaderboards don't change much for me.
    WvW changes are nice, but long due.
    The living story is good but it needs to be REALLY awesome now to compensate...
    Guild missions is nice.

    The only thing that can make me happy is some good balance changes.
    Yes, i agree. As mostly a PvE player, unless this Living Story isn't at the very least 10 times bigger than the previous stuff we got with it, ill be dissapointed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •