Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mostly just pve in this game but I'm looking forward to the WvW improvements.

Deleted
    Its horrible that they made the wvwvw ranks character bound and not Account wide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    Its horrible that they made the wvwvw ranks character bound and not Account wide
    I kinda prefer that because that means on my characters i use siege all the time on can build for siege and supply carrying where my characters that i do more front line fieldwork can go into reduced damage intake and increased damage outtake etc etc.

Not to mention we don't even know how easily we can gain the ranks and the such...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    The living story is good but it needs to be REALLY awesome now to compensate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yes, i agree. As mostly a PvE player, unless this Living Story isn't at the very least 10 times bigger than the previous stuff we got with it, ill be dissapointed.
    Prepare to be disappointed. Still waiting for that "expansion's worth of content" that will be "our biggest patches yet". I wish I could remember who it was that said "If this was chapter three in a book I was reading, I'd have closed it a long time ago". I'm sorry person who I can't attribute that correctly to
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

As ppl were discussing on reddit, it's too little too late. It'd've been so much better if a-net had waited another year and have everything out there rdy.
    PvE isn't challenging at all (unlike promised with explorable modes being for 'the more hardcore players') and they really screwed up pvp and the e-sport thing.

It is unbelievable that they managed to fuck up becoming an e-sport in two different games (gw and gw2) after already having a foot in the door...

Personally living story is nothing I care about, rather than releasing some silly "lore" that isn't challenging and just running around doing stupid events they should've had everything for PvP up and running in january...

It does seems bizarre GW2 would have less features and options for PVP than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed. Still waiting for that "expansion's worth of content" that will be "our biggest patches yet". I wish I could remember who it was that said "If this was chapter three in a book I was reading, I'd have closed it a long time ago". I'm sorry person who I can't attribute that correctly to
    I think they bit off more than they could chew on the whole "expansions worth of content", but haven't come out and admitted it, and they most likely wont. Instead I think we're just going to see them keep pumping out the small to medium updates every month like they've been doing so far, and for me that's actually quite fine, because other than the living story not having much in the way of story I've been enjoying my time in the game a whole lot.

I enjoy the additions while still wandering the world, so I'm not complaining yet, but that said...

This is why I stopped reading comic books forever ago. Once a month, an hour of new entertainment, then waiting...

I really didn't expect much of anything with the Living Story, so I can't say I'm disappointed. :P It'd be nice if they fleshed out Southsun Cove, but whatever.

No mention of new "flamey" hair and eye colors = ;_; though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I think they bit off more than they could chew on the whole "expansions worth of content", but haven't come out and admitted it, and they most likely wont. Instead I think we're just going to see them keep pumping out the small to medium updates every month like they've been doing so far, and for me that's actually quite fine, because other than the living story not having much in the way of story I've been enjoying my time in the game a whole lot.
    I laughed when karka island was introduced as an expansions worth of content. One island probably only 1/3 as big as orr with 9 dynamic events.

"wait guys the next 2 months will have expansions worth"

Then we get a preview for 2 months and being told that it's a preview of marches expansions worth of content.

Seriously....

I tip my hat for the holiday team though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... i don't hold my hopes too high for that. I still like and enjoy the game, leveling my 3rd character right now. But the PR BS is starting to annoy me.

I think by expansions worth of content they meant Game Systems, like the new Daily system, the now incoming WvW improvements, getting the Meta Bosses to actually be worth farming via increased rewards, remaking old dungeons (AC only atm) , Guild Missions, Laurels. Unfortunatly, other than the Guild Missions, which are decently fun, i don't consider that to be content, it makes for nice QoL, but content? Nope.

In terms of improving the Game itself, yes there have been numerous improvements. But actual content itself has been slim at best.

Still waiting on a paid name change option in the Gem Store aswell. Pretty stupid to recostumize my Norn female into a Norn Male, but leave it called "Sif".
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-25 at 07:57 PM.

Cleaning product seems like a great name for a female
    http://www01.cp-static.com/objects/h...ml-7517913.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    Wow, that's really terrible. Seems like another thing to keep people playing I guess?

Oh wait, I see it now... WvW experience booster, now on sale in the gem store for the low price of 400 gems, 1000 for a set of 3!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I tip my hat for the holiday team though.
    You mean the bug creation team? I don't think any part of any holiday has worked correctly when they first go out. To be less of a negative nancy though, after 2-3 days when they get things running smooth-ish, I agree that the holidays really have been the best content additions.

I wish I could remember who it was that said "If this was chapter three in a book I was reading, I'd have closed it a long time ago". I'm sorry person who I can't attribute that correctly to
    That sounds like a draykorinee comment, he has a lot of good ones like that.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-03-26 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

"Quaggans will now breathe at a normal rate, and child quaggans will sound appropriate for their age." <-- I was about to rage quit if they didn't address that.

"Automatic camera rotation while defeated will no longer restart after the camera is moved." <-- THANK YOU

"“The Battle of Fort Trinity”: Upon completion of this story, players can now use the asura gates in any of the order headquarters." <-- Whoo!

hmmm, bummer about the quickness nerf

As we played with the stealth changed mentioned in the SotG, we recognized that in conjunction with the change to culling this was an unpredictable change to make. We also felt that it was too big of a hit to these stealth professions, so we ended up pulling that change in favor of just increasing revealed duration by 1 second.
    WTF

how does a 1 extra sec reveal debuff fix theif chain stealthing? It doesn't. Having the revealed debuff upon leaving stealth regardless if you attack or not would of been fucking perfect. I don't see how your "culling" fix counters this and your culling fix only applies in WvW

Is the amount of stupid in this real?

Also mesmer time warp duration was NOT buffed to compensate for the quickness nerf. Thanks Anet now all my elites have been nerfed to trash I feel like an engineer.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-03-26 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Finally getting some story instances! This is what I wanted from living story, adding more dynamic events is great but in my opinion was not a good way to actually tell the story of the living story, can't wait to play through these.

Oh, I forgot to mention I think 800 gems for a name change is ridiculous. I expected the price to be more in line with makeover kits, not a character slot. Supposedly they drop from BL chests though. Wonder if I should burn some keys...

Also, fused weapons for those who haven't seen them yet: http://dulfy.net/2013/03/26/gw2-fused-weapon-gallery/

Weapons look really cool but I've learned since Halloween that I will never buy keys again.