Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Weapons look really cool but I've learned since Halloween that I will never buy keys again.
    Gasha boxes are the #1 hot seller in f2p games usually. In our game whenever we put a new pet or costume piece we would sell literal thousands of those things. People would spend like $300-500 easily in a weekend on the gashas.

    GW2 uses almost exactly the same model we used in our cash shop. We even had a gem/gold exchange.

    I am sure the Black Lion Chests/Keys [we also had a chest/key scheme too!] bring in gobs of money for Anet.

    The cash shop is very savvy.

  2. #42
    I know they are Fencers, but I won't play the rng game with my money anymore. RNG in game? fine but I refuse to gamble with my dinero on a video game. Halloween pissed me off in that regard (even though I really liked the rest of the content in that event).

    But I might start clearing zones with my alts in order to get a chance of a key reward though.

  3. #43
    Guild weapons and WvW armor make if far cheaper to get a full exotic berserker set now. WvW and Guild events will be even more popular because of those additions. For example, a full set of exotic berserker armor from the WvW armorer costs 700 badges plus 5 gold. A exotic berserker weapon costs 3 gold plus anywhere from 4 - 7 guild commendations.

  4. #44
    I better try to find a guild I guess then.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I know they are Fencers, but I won't play the rng game with my money anymore. RNG in game? fine but I refuse to gamble with my dinero on a video game. Halloween pissed me off in that regard (even though I really liked the rest of the content in that event).

    But I might start clearing zones with my alts in order to get a chance of a key reward though.
    I understand. But we don't have to pay real money. There is still the option of gold->gems. Or just buying the skin flat out in gold.

    Pretty transparent BLTs are a gamble box. So I think they are presenting a fair system all in all.

  6. #46
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Weapons look really cool but I've learned since Halloween that I will never buy keys again.
    actually that was the only one with a truly horrendous drop rate, all the others were pretty good...

    That being said... what is the guestimate droprate of the items this time? Because that longbow is making me moist...

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I understand. But we don't have to pay real money. There is still the option of gold->gems. Or just buying the skin flat out in gold.

    Pretty transparent BLTs are a gamble box. So I think they are presenting a fair system all in all.
    so we can buy the skins with gold?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  7. #47
    I assumed so?

    I mean what happens if you get extras or weapon skins your class can't use. I assume you can trade 'em...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Weapons look really cool but I've learned since Halloween that I will never buy keys again.
    I would have to say the chance of getting one of these claim tickets is extremely low (wasn't around for the Halloween event). I had 10 keys saved up, and bought 7 with some extra gems I had and the best thing I got out of those 17 chests was a sack with 1.25 gold. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again

  9. #49
    Pit Lord Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,279
    Ahah funny that i wanted them to put a character name change option available, and they did , changed my Norn now =p, also the Story instances were kinda cool, want more of them, and if they could use them as Solo "End" game content, it would be awesome for me.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Ahah funny that i wanted them to put a character name change option available, and they did , changed my Norn now =p, also the Story instances were kinda cool, want more of them, and if they could use them as Solo "End" game content, it would be awesome for me.
    800 gems... that's 16 gold! and the price of gems will go up if they just added new stuff :/

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 07:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I assumed so?

    I mean what happens if you get extras or weapon skins your class can't use. I assume you can trade 'em...
    Fractal weapons say hi



    ---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 07:19 PM ----------



    Finally flat ended swords and daggers!

    DO WANT

  11. #51
    So uhh... the fuck did they do to Time Warp? "We're nerfing Quickness' effects but buffing durations"

    Apparently ANet forgets they even have a Mesmer class?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So uhh... the fuck did they do to Time Warp? "We're nerfing Quickness' effects but buffing durations"

    Apparently ANet forgets they even have a Mesmer class?
    In all honesty I doubt they forgot and left it as intentional. You can really tell the difference between the 50% nerf. When I time warp I can't even tell if I have quickness tbh.

    I feel all mesmers elites are crap now.

  13. #53
    Pit Lord Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,279
    So what does everyone think about this patch? I completed all achievements for the Living Story . Haven't tried WvW changes but im hearing good things, specially with the culling changes. I still don't think this was an expansions worth of content tho, but this one Living Story wise was a big improvement over the fluff events we got in the previous patches. The instances with the new characters, specially the Norn dude were kinda cool, a bit repetitive as in "waves of mobs-->bit of story-->waves of mobs--rinse and repeat" but still i liked the idea. The patch notes say if you do them once a day after completion you'll get rewards from it, so im gonna redo them tomorrow to see if its true.

  14. #54
    So what does everyone think about this patch?
    Boring tbh. Nothing really progressed for me.

    At this point I'm just waiting for next month where they do some mega event and it'll drop precursors and I'll be rich.

  15. #55
    So what does everyone think about this patch?
    Meh.

    Same stuff as always; lots of bug fixes [the bulk of the patch], a few events and more gem/gold sinks for meaningless trinkets.

  16. #56
    Keyboard Turner Vellerana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9
    Yea to guild missions for smaller guilds, boo to it being down the Art of War tree, I wish it had been something down a tree that offered more utility (like Politics). Here's hoping that they keep looking at ways to make other guild missions accessible to smaller guilds.

    As for the Living Story, I do see a story line there, and I am enjoying the extra content. The story maybe not be terribly elaborate at this stage but they are doing it in stages and I am really looking forward to what comes next.

  17. #57
    If this is all we are seeing this month for the story then they have a lot of work on their hands next month to make it go somewhere tbh...it really still doesn't feel beyond a teaser stage.

    Having said that I am enjoying everything they have added in the patch so far.

  18. #58
    i enjoy the living story but its small i hope they give us more living story THIS month. else it will be pretty lackluster in my opinion.. i like the wvwvw changes. i just wished i had a beter pc...im also excited about the april fools jokes 8bit thingy

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So uhh... the fuck did they do to Time Warp? "We're nerfing Quickness' effects but buffing durations"

    Apparently ANet forgets they even have a Mesmer class?
    at least your timewarp lasts 10s.... poor guardians didn't get any compensation for their quickness either.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  20. #60
    Still waiting for some sPvP changes, only been 8 months now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •