Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Hmmm, did the two new mini dungeons... very little content it seems. Nice enough way to kill an hour though I suppose.
    Which 2 new mini dungeons? XD Idk if I know what you are talking about.

I'm assuming he is talking about the two living story instances, not really a mini dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Do you need a full party for those dungeons?
    They are very soloable. But they aren't really dungeons. Its two instances like it was a Personal Story Mission. Helps that Braham and Rox have a half decent AI capable of handling themselves at least.

Oh, good. The chance that I will actually do them just went up 100% then. :P

Yeah they take about 15 minutes to complete each, and you can repeat them every day if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    SPvP leaderboards are based of player rank which requires nothing more than farming points in hot join, so basically who ever plays the most.

As for proof it's in the patch notes.
    this is false.. as you can see here, if it were based on RANK they would've corrected the guy instead of saying "they weren't reset"

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...p/Leaderboards
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2013-03-29 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    this is false.. as you can see here, if it were based on RANK they would've corrected the guy instead of saying "they weren't reset"

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...p/Leaderboards
    I wouldn't say it's false.

According to their note on the GW2 site, it's based off rankings. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...es/march-2013/

Ranking =/= rating. Anet are too vague as to what ranking is. sPvP rank or player rank on some ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I wouldn't say it's false.

According to their note on the GW2 site, it's based off rankings. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...es/march-2013/

Ranking =/= rating. Anet are too vague as to what ranking is. sPvP rank or player rank on some ladder.
    They are indeed vague about it. But I think they are not using only rank anymore, and they are keeping how it works to themselves (at least for now, but possibly forever). In a week or so from now, we shall see?

Did the two Living Story instances, they were okay. Not worth running multiple times though, at least not solo. Maybe I was just unlucky, but for all the killing you have to do most of the mobs didn't drop anything and I assume all you get for repeating it is the 3k karma box?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the two Living Story instances, they were okay. Not worth running multiple times though, at least not solo. Maybe I was just unlucky, but for all the killing you have to do most of the mobs didn't drop anything and I assume all you get for repeating it is the 3k karma box?
    Correct, unfortunatly i was hoping they'd become sort of solo "dungeons" with some decent drops. Wouldn't say Exotics , but Rare , to gear some alts or get some ectos , would be profitable. Maybe a reward chest at the end like the Meta Bosses with guarenteed Rare at least, and with dimished returns so it couldn't be profitable to run more than once a day.

I would have settled for trash, anything I could have even vendored to make it more worth my while. I mean the mobs literally dropped nothing for the entirety of the end of the Rox event where they keep spawning from the portals. That's a lot of killing (in full MF gear) to get a lot of nothing. Doing 10 DEs at ~300 karma each would not only be more fun, but significantly more profitable. :P

I agree with you though. I wish GW2 did have something like Rift's Chronicles.

I got a couple of destroyer cores from one of the instances.

I'm so curious to play this game. Do i need the deluxe version or can i just settle with the regular version?

Deleted
    Well, wvwvw update is always good. But as far as I understand it they will update rendering somehow for better performance? But they wont let more people in right? Those queues are long queues, nothing a common mortal can spend time in. So no use trying right since they wont increase number of participants?

regular version is fine, deluxe just gives you some consumables

for WvW queues, yeah they are bad at primetime at the moment (unless you are in tier 8 I suppose). It will die down in a few weeks I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I got a couple of destroyer cores from one of the instances.
    The only 'good' thing I got was a rare salvageable item. Trying to decide if I should salvage it or TP it for 16s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    regular version is fine, deluxe just gives you some consumables

for WvW queues, yeah they are bad at primetime at the moment (unless you are in tier 8 I suppose). It will die down in a few weeks I imagine.

Friday night reset has pretty much always had queues, especially in the higher tiers. But they have to cap it at some point or you'd end up with unbalanced battles.

Everyone and their mother is going in right now to see the the massive armies lol. It's pretty epic.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    The only 'good' thing I got was a rare salvageable item. Trying to decide if I should salvage it or TP it for 16s.
    Salvage, one of my friends has been farming those since he got 3 ectos from one, 12mithril from 6 of them, and 9 oricalcum from 2 of them...

Btw, doing those instance with 5 people gets pretty hectic at times... Granted its STILL EASY, but it's A LOT more fun IMO.

Personally I don't get anything but money and karma.... But my friends always get lots of good drops, so idk what's going on there.

PS: Colin said in an interview that more stuff will be added to the razing phase, and I quote, "Cities will burn."
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Salvage, one of my friends has been farming those since he got 3 ectos from one, 12mithril from 6 of them, and 9 oricalcum from 2 of them...

Btw, doing those instance with 5 people gets pretty hectic at times... Granted its STILL EASY, but it's A LOT more fun IMO.

Personally I don't get anything but money and karma.... But my friends always get lots of good drops, so idk what's going on there.

PS: Colin said in an interview that more stuff will be added to the razing phase, and I quote, "Cities will burn."

:O

Haven't seen the article yet, got a link?

What's this rare salvage item you're talking about?
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    :O

Haven't seen the article yet, got a link?

What's this rare salvage item you're talking about?
    I can't link it yet (can when I get off work) it's on their Facebook page though.

The rare item is called "Fused Scraps" or something like that.