View Poll Results: What will Blizzard announce?!

Voters
578. This poll is closed
  • Project Titan

39 6.75%
  • WarCraft 4

28 4.84%
  • Diablo 3 Xbox

7 1.21%
  • Mobile Game

61 10.55%
  • WoW Expansion

22 3.81%
  • StarCraft: Ghost

10 1.73%
  • World of Diablo

2 0.35%
  • Social Feature

21 3.63%
  • StarCraft Expansion

1 0.17%
  • Blizzard All-stars

223 38.58%
  • World of StarCraft

8 1.38%
  • Other

120 20.76%
  • Diablo Expansion

25 4.33%
  • Diablo 3 PlayStation

11 1.90%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    would love an IOS pet battles app

World of starcraft would be cool

What we know:

1. It's not an expansion.
    2. It's not a sequel.
    3. It's not Titan.
    4. It is a "new game", so that rules out Blizzard All-Stars, which has been both announced, and has been playable.
    5. Project Blackstone, the supposed Starcraft: HOTS tie-in site is not entirely unlocked.
    6. Project Blackstone's author, Cameron Dayton, was just given a promotion to Senior Story Developer in Blizzard.
    7. They have called for a Cease and Desist of the Starcraft 2 Mod "World of Starcraft", and forced them to rename it to "Starcraft Universe".
    8. They have been slowly adding onto their mobile device development team over the last few years.
    9. The game in question, last we heard of it, was supposedly going to be using the World of Warcraft engine.

What does it mean? Who knows. It could be a mobile game. It could be World of Starcraft. It could be a mobile game. It could also be none of these things, and something entirely new.

What we do know, is that Blizzard is good at hyping up our speculation.

Blizzard said it won't be Titan. I don't expect to hear shit about Titan at Blizzcon this year either, I think the focus will be on WoW xpac and maybe Diablo xpac.

So yeah, probably the All Stars thing.

Either the DOTA game or hopefully a mobile game, maybe a pet battle mobile game or something neat!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Almost certain it's Blizzard All-Stars, however I do think it could possibly be the next expansion. They did say that they would be releasing content faster and they have definitely been doing so, so announcing the expansion now is possible. Also, that would give them most of Blizzcon to talk about Titan.

Deleted
    please god, don't let it be mobile game, or some facebook bullshit, I want real game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    What we know:

1. It's not an expansion.
    2. It's not a sequel.
    3. It's not Titan.
    4. It is a "new game", so that rules out Blizzard All-Stars, which has been both announced, and has been playable.
    5. Project Blackstone, the supposed Starcraft: HOTS tie-in site is not entirely unlocked.
    6. Project Blackstone's author, Cameron Dayton, was just given a promotion to Senior Story Developer in Blizzard.
    7. They have called for a Cease and Desist of the Starcraft 2 Mod "World of Starcraft", and forced them to rename it to "Starcraft Universe".
    8. They have been slowly adding onto their mobile device development team over the last few years.
    9. The game in question, last we heard of it, was supposedly going to be using the World of Warcraft engine.

What does it mean? Who knows. It could be a mobile game. It could be World of Starcraft. It could be a mobile game. It could also be none of these things, and something entirely new.

What we do know, is that Blizzard is good at hyping up our speculation.

Great info, thank you!

I'm also a bit on the edge about All-stars. But I worry we overestimate Blizzard's sense of amazing the audience. I'm sure we'll all sit there in anticipation and carefully wish for something amazing, only to hear it's All-stars. Don't get me wrong, that game should be cool.

The WoW engine could perhaps still look good on mobile, so maybe. But what on Earth would a mobile game be about for Blizzard? They are used to such big stories and titles.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    please god, don't let it be mobile game, or some facebook bullshit, I want real game.
    Mobile games are 'real games'. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything warcraft related would be nice

Anything diablo starcraft, titan, dota related wouldn't be nice.

More than likely it will be DOTA 2, and quite possibly the next WoW Expac, consdering were in the middle of the current one already. All we might see is a trailer too be honest.

If not I've no idea, but I know it's defiantly not Titan. I still believe Titan is just a code name for their next game, much like Nintendo called the first Wii "Project Revolution"

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the Trademark for Heros of Azeroth again? Totally forgot if it was a TCG thing or not, cant recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be D3 Expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    i would really love it if they made a mobile pet battles game! Blizzard doesn't seem like the sort of company to make some shitty facebook game though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Its just the DOTA I bet.
    from a business standpoint, this is what I'd say they need to make. There is a huge market playing LoL that also play D3/SC2/WoW and they could capitalize on that.

a few posts ahead mentioned a game using the WoW engine... warcraft adventures getting a reboot to compete with dragon age/elder scrolls/mass effect/etc action rpg genre???

That would tickle me in a way only a woman could.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-03-21 at 11:37 PM.

It won't be Titan.

It won't be a WoW expansion because those are always announced at Blizzcon.

It won't be a SC2 expansion because we already know that Legacy of the Void is being developed.

It won't be Diablo 3 on a console because that's already been announced.

I'd say the two best guesses are some sort of mobile game (a mobile trading card game, perhaps) or Blizzard All-Stars. I'm guessing the latter, because Blizzard has said they're making a free to play game, and making a MOBA game, so it only makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstrider View Post
    More than likely it will be DOTA 2, and quite possibly the next WoW Expac, consdering were in the middle of the current one already. All we might see is a trailer too be honest.

If not I've no idea, but I know it's defiantly not Titan. I still believe Titan is just a code name for their next game, much like Nintendo called the first Wii "Project Revolution"
    Oh YES!

(Btw Dota 2 is a game by Valve.)

But I'd flippin' LOVE an epic trailer showing Illidan, or Turalyon, or Velen, or... more likely, Wrathion, speaking forebodingly about the returning legion and the awakening master, while we see green fire in the background.

It's likely something due out between now and blizzcon. B.A.S. is a good candidate.

edit: or going into beta before blizzcon, in hindsight. because they wouldn't announce a WoW xpac in novemeber and release it in december.

So, lets see. We know work on the next wow xpac is already underway. We know it's probably due in roughly a year; assuming 6 months with the final raid, blizzcon is 7 months out (which would leave a mere 5 months of beta testing)
    Last edited by blackblade; 2013-03-21 at 11:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard All-Stars, as a fully fledged game.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be Star of DiabloCraft.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It won't be Titan.

It won't be a WoW expansion because those are always announced at Blizzcon.

It won't be a SC2 expansion because we already know that Legacy of the Void is being developed.

It won't be Diablo 3 on a console because that's already been announced.

I'd say the two best guesses are some sort of mobile game (a mobile trading card game, perhaps) or Blizzard All-Stars. I'm guessing the latter, because Blizzard has said they're making a free to play game, and making a MOBA game, so it only makes sense.

But they announced all stars in2010 blizzcon, and they did say it was something new didn't they?
    How ever, they also did scrap all stars a while back as a sc2 addon which meant they basically had to start the game over again and made a lot of changes, not sure if we can consider this a new game.