Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

OP is FoS

10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Ok so last night i was on my level 28 shaman and i was at the barrens and an alliance mage was running past(lvl 26)
    i killed him and waited for him to come back and killed him again.
    each time i killed him i /flex a few times

out of nowhere i get a msg from a gm telling me he is going to log me out and i am getting suspended.
    i asked him why
    he said he will send me an email.

So i get the email and it says i am getting my account suspended for spamming /flex.
    OMG he couldnt find a good reason to ban me so he bans me for spamming /flex.

Is this right? Can he do that? Or is he just abusing his power?
    i emailed blizzard about it and waiting for reply
    You should of picked a time when the support queues don't have a 5 day wait on them. Good troll though.

Deleted
    The people saying that "it's spamming so it deserves a ban" are joking, right?

Ridiculous thread either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post

Ridiculous thread either way.
    You don't get banned for spamming. The OP was probably way farther up the penalty volcano for some other infractions.

Everything the OP stated was hogwash too. You aren't allowed as a Blizzard employee to have your gameplay toon and GM toon on the same servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    You don't get banned for spamming. The OP was probably way farther up the penalty volcano for some other infractions.

Everything the OP stated was hogwash too. You aren't allowed as a Blizzard employee to have your gameplay toon and GM toon on the same servers.
    Yeah but im sure he could txt his work buddy, and let him know whats up.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so last night i was on my level 28 shaman and i was at the barrens and an alliance mage was running past(lvl 26)

out of nowhere i get a msg from a gm telling me he is going to log me out and i am getting suspended.
    i asked him why

So i get the email and it says i am getting my account suspended for spamming /flex.

Well, you were abusing the emote /flex to the level of spamming, that is actually allowed to suspend for. You're just unlucky that a GM was ready through the tickets as you were ganking, which I don't see much intelligence in either. But we all have our taste. There's no abusing of power here, was just a quite rapid reaction of procedure. Unless something more isn't mentioned? Previous problems or the likes. I agree that spamming shouldn't get you banned, but repeating a emote each time you do this ability, should be punished. I don't mind a single one, maybe two but if you keep on, you're free game. There's a reason that there's a function saying "Report for Spamming"
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-03-22 at 08:18 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i asked him why

So, maybe I missed something, but are you saying that because you camped a lower level play and spammed obnoxiously every time you killed him, it HAD to have been a GM you were killing? Because there's no way someone could have just reported you, and then a GM couldn't have checked out the chat log really quick, right?
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    GMs don't have GM abilities on the realms they play their regular accounts on.
    Well that punches are rather large hole into this entertaining tail.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I don't understand why people who are saying it was a deserved suspension would be joking. Don't want negative account action, don't do actionable things, pretty easy.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Yeah but im sure he could txt his work buddy, and let him know whats up.
    Yeah, that sounds way more likely than the guy he was ganking reporting him for spamming flex 25 or more times.

who reports somebody for spamming emotes??
    I will propably start now because it works apparently.

you were spamming and camping...really that surprised?

and yes...spamming emotes is also spamming and that can get you suspended

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Good, can't stand people spamming emotes.
    It was nice when they turned off the ability of ppl macro spamming every emote they could.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They would not ban anyone for pointless ganking but I would really welcome that. :P

so the guy gets killed and the ganker emotes.

the guy who gets killed is pissed and petitions because hes angry he got killed and tried to get the ganker banned on some emotes?

the ganker gets banned due to some dumb rules that they enforce. (in reality who cares about a bit of emote spam lol)

I think thats the gist of it?

so the guy who reported him was probably angry over getting owned over and over again and deduced "i can get back at this guy" in another way.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Yeah, that sounds way more likely than the guy he was ganking reporting him for spamming flex 25 or more times.
    All i said was that it was a possibility and by the original post it being instant it gives it a little more credit (even though OP may have been lying) I mean i don't know if you have ever reported a person or a bot or put in a ticket but when have you ever had anything happen instantly?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hrm emotes carry a long way once and a while ill report some one that is spamming emotes... I think you got reported by too many maybe.
    *Edit* Quite a few agree with emote spamming being bad i think that is what is going on just got a small ban for spamming.
    Oh also gms don't have gm abilities on the realms they play their regular accounts on so could not have been a gm you just spammed to much.
    Last edited by sharpy; 2013-03-22 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    so the guy gets killed and the ganker emotes.

the guy who gets killed is pissed and petitions because hes angry he got killed and tried to get the ganker banned on some emotes?

the ganker gets banned due to some dumb rules that they enforce. (in reality who cares about a bit of emote spam lol)

I think thats the gist of it?

so the guy who reported him was probably angry over getting owned over and over again and deduced "i can get back at this guy" in another way.

/thread

Only the hardest of hard asses come rushing to the defense of clowns who break the rules and receive punishments on something as trivial as a video game. The OP was rightfully suspended. Keep fighting "the man" and his unjust ways though!

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    Only the hardest of hard asses come rushing to the defense of clowns who break the rules and receive punishments on something as trivial as a video game. The OP was rightfully suspended. Keep fighting "the man" and his unjust ways though!
    yeah keep believing that idiot

the guy was angry he got killed half the time people can't even see the emotes lol