Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Issac Newton could barely function in his own society.
    I'm sure he'd love 4chan

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I'm sure he'd love 4chan
    id rather see ben franklin on 4chan. i have him owning trolls, he was a master
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    id rather see ben franklin on 4chan. i have him owning trolls, he was a master
    Mark Twain could probably lay down the smack too. A lot of those old guys were good at trolling.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Mark Twain could probably lay down the smack too. A lot of those old guys were good at trolling.
    yeah, but old ben also never found a sex act he didnt like. he's fit right in, lol
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    A Norseman would be disgusted at the way his descendants have gone.

A Muslim would be disgusted with how his descendants have gone.

A Christian would be disgusted with how his descendants have gone.

All in all, they'd be very disappointing with the sheer extent of failure this generation has under its belt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    All in all, they'd be very disappointing with the sheer extent of failure this generation has under its belt.
    Yeah, human progress since the 18th century onwards can only be summarized in one word: Failure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    A Norseman would be disgusted at the way his descendants have gone.

A Muslim would be disgusted with how his descendants have gone.

A Christian would be disgusted with how his descendants have gone.

Why would the Norseman be dissapointed? :P

He would be blown away by the increase in standard of living for the average person. Then in about 18 years he would completely take it for granted and start protesting for more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    He would be blown away by the increase in standard of living for the average person. Then in about 18 years he would completely take it for granted and start protesting for more.
    Exactly what I thought except the protesting part. I think he would appreciate it so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Would he be able to adjust?
    Why not? These people weren't stupid. It would take a little while to get used to all the new technology but that's about it.

Technology is so far ahead, a smartphone for example would be unthinkable to such a person.
    Every day would be a mindfuck,
    Well, it's not like YOU understand how a smartphone works exactly either. I mean, all the technical details. So why should this person be any different?

I would imagine that he would assume we were all demons given our technology. People moving around inside metal monsters, flying, seeing other people through "portals" (tv's), speaking to people who are no where to be seen (cell phones), ect..

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, it's not like YOU understand how a smartphone works exactly either. I mean, all the technical details. So why should this person be any different?
    today we are somewhat prepared for its very existence. we pretty much expect amazing shit from tech, without much care for how it works. we're talking about someone that would most likely view an electric light as sorcery
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Issac Newton could barely function in his own society.
    Imagine being a genius ahead of your time and surrounded by people... well... who aren't. I wouldn't want to socialize with those intellectual ants either if I were in his shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably his head would explode from culture shock.

Deleted
    He'd probably be like WTF and people would think he was crazy or an idiot, probably. These days, if you don't know what the internet is, you're a redneck. If you haven't been to Facebook, you obviously are outdated or living in an old, primitive world!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say somehow we get a citizen from the medieval times in THIS time.

Would he be able to adjust?
    If so, how long would that take?
    Would it be too much?
    Do we even have the means to communicate? I am pretty sure there are several experts on the field of English and how it changed over time, being able to speak with him.

Would he be able to lead a normal life?

Technology is so far ahead, a smartphone for example would be unthinkable to such a person.
    Every day would be a mindfuck,
    Massive cultural shock. He might even die from it or go insane. There are many things he could never comprehend, let alone agree with.

Why would the Norseman be dissapointed? :P
    We aren't raping and pillaging to the extent that a Norseman would like. Same could be said of the other two he mentions.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance