Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    BF only counts the last placed mage bomb when figuring procs.
    I'm well aware of that thank you I was referring to an overall increased procrate of bf with NT, over fb. (with the amount of haste currently available). Even have to eventually waste a proc, which never happends with fb - but yer, that can ofc be reduced to a minimum

You will not get truly spectacular frost bomb damage on bats unless you can pet nova them to shatter. This will inevitably gib people nearby if the bat tank is not in range, so the bats need to be facetanked in order to use frost bomb on them.

I personally believe kiting the bats is the better option as you can use a double kite (brewmaster + frost DK in blood presence w/chillblains) so if the monk dies the DK can still have secondary aggro and kite the bats till the end. This allows melee to essentially tunnel the boss the entire fight while ranged focus down turtles, making for a cleaner kill. We killed the boss spectacularly fast with that strat, in under 30 pulls.

Pad DPS on bats as a mage is just meaningless because other classes such as hunter, DK, or warlock can do vastly more bat DPS than a mage possibly can, while also doing full DPS to either turtles or boss at the same time. Mage can do high damage to either bats, turtles or boss, but only one of the three, whereas the other mentioned classes can do full damage to any two of the three. Thus, while you can certainly do spectacular bat damage, you are still playing inefficiently because you are -only- doing spectacular bat damage and not doing a lot to turtles or boss compared to your warlock or hunter.

Mage is thus an optimal class to be used kicking turtles (especially with blink providing good mobility should one die in a bad position) or focusing on keeping them snared.