simcraft and moonkins?

Am I doing something wrong in simcraft?

I'm simming my current gear for patchwerk and getting stat weights of int - 4.68 spirit - 3.02 Spell power - 3.52 Hit - 3.06 Crit - 2.06 Haste -1.79 Mastery - 2.05. For hecticaddcleave I am getting int - 6.63 spirit - 5.57 Spell power - 4.97 Hit - 5.63 Crit - 2.79 Haste -4.16 Mastery - 3.49.

I was trying to see if using hands/pants 2p t15 was going to be a dps increase but I can't even get my normal gear simming correctly or so it seems. Am I doing something wrong in simcraft or should I be using wrathcalcs? (I have never used wrathcalcs)

What is the problem with those statweights?

Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    What is the problem with those statweights?
    It would imply that mastery is almost as good as crit and that intellect is more than two times as good as crit suggesting that i should gem pure int in red sockets as well as possibly potent cuts in yellow sockets and mastery over haste by a good margin(when I've heard that reducing mastery even after haste bp is preferred)
    For cleaving it has haste very very high which is not what I would expect considering crit is so good in multi target situations...

It's also showing two piece t15 (regular hands, legs) as a downgrade over 4p t14 (regular legs, heroic upgraded hands) by about 5k dps. Any help doing this sim properly tho is appreciated. Not sure I trust the results atm.
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-03-22 at 08:19 AM.

Int being valued high is similar in wrathcalcs and crit being close to mastery is due to the rather high uptime of the eclipses that your character is seeing.

Regarding the cleave scenario, Try change how you use the SS procs, right now it wastes a lot of the procs and thus you don't benefit much from crit giving you more procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    Int being valued high is similar in wrathcalcs and crit being close to mastery is due to the rather high uptime of the eclipses that your character is seeing.

Regarding the cleave scenario, Try change how you use the SS procs, right now it wastes a lot of the procs and thus you don't benefit much from crit giving you more procs.
    Ty for your reply. I don't see a place to edit how SS procs are used in Simcraft. The only thing I see is player skill which is set to elite.

Regarding wrath calcs, I downloaded a copy of the latest one I could find from the elitistjerks forum but was having trouble getting it out of protected mode so I had to input everything manually. Anyway, in wrathcalcs its showing the 2p t15 (gloves/hands) as a dps increase over t14 4p (heroic 2/2upgraded hands, regular nonupgraded pants).

Which sim should I trust here? Wrathcalcs telling me this is an upgrade or Simc showing it as a downgrade?

Also, is there any place where wrathcalcs is available and kept up to date and are there any tutorials on it? I can put everything in and see dps and change talents and such but I'm sure it's capable of much more that I'm not seeing.
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-03-22 at 09:05 AM.

After importing your character you get the gear list and and action priority list for your char. You can edit the starsurge,if=buff.shooting_stars.react line.

Currently it is often ignoring those procs and instead applying the dots/casting hurricane.

Can't tell something about WrathCalcs, but the balance module in simcraft is taken good care of, so I would trust it at least for the single target.

The optimal rotation behavior for the HecticAddCleave is still work-in-progress.

Well thats very interesting I just reran it and its showing almost the same dps as wrathcalcs now with patchwerk settings (2p t15 shows to be a similar dps increase over my 4p t14). Not sure what I was doing before...

Anyway, the shooting stars line is the same as it was... I'm not sure what to change it to. It's currently /starsurge,if=buff.shooting_stars.react&(active_enemies<5|!buff.solar_eclipse.up). I'm also not sure how to compare this to a multiple add fight if you say that module isn't very accurate.

If I understand you correctly, and it makes sense if this is true, is that if you can't make use of all your starsurges (or a lot of them) then intellect and mastery are better than they usually are? Intellect seems to be over double crit rating and mastery almost catches up with crit using the default settings... Is there much stock in trying this out? I have never really had great results going mastery on live, but who knows... maybe in certain situations it could be useful.

I am saying that if you don't use the Shooting Stars procs (due to whatever reason), then the value of crit goes down and thus comparably other stats are more interesting.

Regarding the multiple adds. The module should be simulating things correctly, however the things it does (as specified by those lines of "action+=/") might not be the smartest as this action priority list has been primarily optimized for single_target.

The hecticaddcleave was just added recently and there might be smarter ways to behave in such a scenario.