Red face How to beat BM Hunters And Stampeed in Arena...?

Hey guys,

Recently i'm having trouble with 2v2 Arena, i know it is all about the setup in 2v2 but a lot of the arena matches we play have BM hunters in it .
    My team's setup is Spriest and Rogue (me). The main issue that we face are dual hunters, me and my partner start out stealthed ( the aoe stealth stuff we rogues have ). So ofc those hunters will popp flares and traps, so i disarm most of those traps and try to Sap one hunter. If one hunter is sapped i attack and get my bleeds and poison dots up, or blind the second one ( depending wether or not the sapped one trinkets ) But For us rogues that's it for cc. Now what happens 99% of the time Both huntards Enrage pop deterenace disengage and both use stampeed on me or my Partner killing him in 2-5 secs ( we have +66% resi ) and well after that it's /cry for me .

Last night we faced a team with BM hunter who killed us both (Vanish missfired) without doing anything else but Auto shot and stampeed..

Any advice how 2 counter dual BM huntards as SPriest and Rogue ? Or just roll over and play dead ?

(And is it just me or is stampeed unfair in 2s ? )

Kind regards,

Piggy

Easy.

Priest dispersion / fearbomb. You vanish(make sure you're out of flare. If the priest is the target you can help by fan of kniving the zoo to slow them down a bit while he gets away with dispersion.

There are much worse comps that have to deal with double zoo than spriest rogue. Imagine how any shaman feels.

Mmmm why didn't i think of the FoK thing before Thanks for the tip !

And yes there are some worse comps 2 face, personally i don't like dual mages or FDK - Fmage. But at least it feels like we have a fair shot at beating those, i just don't like zoo spammers

Fearbomb the stampede, and worst case if they blow all their other cd's too you can smokebomb your spriest if he doesn't have dispersion up to cut their dmg in half. Like delz said, some comps without aoe cc are in a much worse spot vs. BM hunters (this is why I <3 disorienting roar).

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberpiggie View Post
    Mmmm why didn't i think of the FoK thing before Thanks for the tip !

And yes there are some worse comps 2 face, personally i don't like dual mages or FDK - Fmage. But at least it feels like we have a fair shot at beating those, i just don't like zoo spammers
    As rogue, bm hunters are much easier to beat this patch. I don't know how it is for other classes but hunters are finally under our boot again as far as I'm concerned. I run 2's for points with a kinda undergeared rogue bud of mine. We went up against 2 bm hunters on tuesday, each had 390k Hp. We ended up winning because we vanished their stampede and just chilled for 30 seconds. Even without the opener (flares) we managed to eek out the win.

Spek into elusiveness and keep feint up when possible. 30 percent damage reduction might as well be 30 percent extra hp on your toon. Shuriken toss whenever you're not at melee, Keep that damage out and focus gouge his pet everytime gouge is up. Blind it even.
    Last edited by Delznope; 2013-03-22 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    How to counter hunters and his random teammember:

1. Hope they dont know how to activate all their cooldowns at once. They do? Fuck... you are screwed...
    2. Hope they dont know how to use crowd control. They do? Fuck... you are screwed...
    3. Hope they dont... oh.. you are already dead? sorry mate :/

Joke aside... 2v2 is a really dumb bracket where popping cooldowns and just throwing random cc around
    is actually a pretty valid strategy to atleast 1500-1600 rating.

"Underdog"-comps will have a hard time against these classes because you will have to
    work harder for a win than other comps have to.

Most high rated players would advice you to stay away from 2v2 because there is simply too much imbalance.
    2v2 favors certain classes over others and hunters are one of the preferred classes to play in a 2v2-setting.

All i can say is that you need to practise alot. Dont overlap CCs, dont waste cooldowns on the wrong
    things and whatever you do.. Dont start raging because that will only lead to making more mistakes...

Hey,

I play Lock Rogue in 2v2 for points each week and the 2 classes we hate the most are Hunters (1) and any DKs (2). These are pretty much the counters to any rogue + caster combo. Remember that these are your counters when you play against them and concentrate even more than usual.

If you are to win against any of them combos involving Hunters or DKs, you cannot make any mistakes whatsoever - perfect uses of trinkets, perfect CC chains etc.

Personally, I cannot do it that perfectly so we lose versus these most of the time . We still haven't won a single game versus dual BM hunters because, hmm, why don't you look at that video:

That's what usually happens with Stampede+Powershot combo :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope for rng and get blades edge/daralan arena so when he pops it jump off the edge and the pets have to walk all the way around.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    You should have tried back when Stampede did 500% of the damage it does now.

Your priest need to line of sight the hunters and use dispersion to counter stampede the pillar is his friend. Fear the stampede or use the shadow priest root to stop them. Most importantly your priest shouldn't leave the pillar.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

You survive their cooldowns reset the fight and beat them because BM sucks. You survive cooldowns by vanishing and your priest should pop Dispersion and fear bomb when dispersion ends, shield, LOS the hunters and heal. Once their cooldowns are down you've pretty much won.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Rofl, whining about stampde. Yea that 80K damage dot over 20seconds is terrifiying indeed.
    Your deadly poison does more with 1 application then what stampede does over its full duration FYI.

Deleted
    Oggy dont try to know it when you dont Stampede does much more damage than 80k over 20sec.. Still it is easy to counter, even shamans can drop a root totem to nullify them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue v Hunter.

CS, 5p rupture, evasion, toss, toss, toss etc... prep, evasion, toss, toss, toss, toss, smoke bomb, toss, toss, toss, dead.

Not even joking, works everytime.
    Legendary Blogging - http://www.fugpugs.com/

Just wait till Stampede is popped, try and get as much damage as possible, then you Vanish, your Priest Disperses, Then do your AoE Stealth till the Stampede goes bye bye!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Hunter who does dual 2v2, it's very hard to get away from a double stampede on your ass. The best you can do is vanish and GTFO and get your shadow priest to disperse, although you are sacrificing your cds to survive the stampede, keep in mind the hunters got double deterrence, double rapid fire, and double invigoration (60%) heal, the best you can do is get the jump on them first, otherwise try to survive the onslaught and you just have to persist through the deterrence and heals they got

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggan View Post
    Rogue v Hunter.

CS, 5p rupture, evasion, toss, toss, toss etc... prep, evasion, toss, toss, toss, toss, smoke bomb, toss, toss, toss, dead.

Not even joking, works everytime.
    Double detterence till mine pet screw your a** followed by disarm, stun scattershot+ trap combo folowed by powershot works pretty fine also