Deleted

H-Ji Kun help (10m but 25m help welcome :-) )

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to hear from people with H-Ji Kun experience, be it wipes or a kill. My 10m guild is supposed to try this boss tonight and I'm confused about the differences with N-Ji Kun.

- Is there any difference with normal mode besides inflated damage numbers/HP and a new add in the nests?

- Do the supplementary adds in the nests necessitate a tank? What size should the nest group be? Should there be one nest group or more?

- Is the enrage tight? How should we optimize the food buff?

Sorry if my questions are vague, I have very few experience with this fight and I am still supposed to come up with a workable strategy, so thanks in advance for any help.

We killed Ji-Kun 10H last week, here's our strat and all..
    Raid comp:
    Prot Paladin
    Guardian Druid
    Destruction Warlock
    Destruction Warlock
    Fire Mage
    Survival Hunter
    Enhance Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Discipline Priest
    Resto Shaman

We raid with a small roster, so this is what we have usually.

We had 2 nest teams. Team A did all but the second bottom nest, Team B did only the second bottom nest.
    Team A: 2x Lock, Shadow Priest
    Team B: Mage, Hunter, Enh Shaman
    Additionally, our disc priest went for a feather now and then, and our guardian tank tanked the adds.
    We had all our DPS use personal survival CDs + Healthstone if needed to survive Quills without a healer. If you do it correctly you don't take any other damage really when down there, so no need to send a healer down.

Team B used their feathers to catch nutriments for the DPS boost. When everything was down on the second platform we waited for Ji Kun to cast Caw before flying back; about 5 seconds after Caw he starts throwing the nutriments, so we could grab those with the feather we flew up with.
    If one of your Team B DPS has short cooldowns (1.5 min tops), you can save a feather to catch a nutriment later to get more out of your cooldowns. (As a mage, I save 1 feather to do a second combustion with my 3 feathers).

The second round of nests, you get a double spawn. After Team B did their bottom nest you get one nest down and one nest up. Team A would get the down nest, Team B would use a feather straight away after killing the adds to fly back to the platform, then use a new feather when they can to get to the top nest. After Team A finishes up the nests on top we'd blow BL and just burn him down.

To sum up and answer your questions:
    - Double nest spawn (9th and 10th spawn at the same time)
    - The supplementary add doesn't _need_ a tank, but it does help. As long as you can kill it fast enough your nest tank should be up in time again to take the boss.
    - The enrage isn't tight at all if your DPS does well with their buffs. As long as you keep up with nests you're most likely good to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoushi View Post
    To sum up and answer your questions:
    - Double nest spawn (9th and 10th spawn at the same time)
    - The supplementary add doesn't _need_ a tank, but it does help. As long as you can kill it fast enough your nest tank should be up in time again to take the boss.
    - The enrage isn't tight at all if your DPS does well with their buffs. As long as you keep up with nests you're most likely good to go.
    Thanks a lot for your answers. This will help us a lot.

Does the nest guardian always spawn on the same nest? From what i've read it looks to be always the second bottom nest and the first upper nest. We are also doing 10m.

The guardian spawns on 2,4,8,9 I think. Don't the feathers only give 3 charges, that's what it says in the dungeon journal. Or did they hotfix to 4 now?

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    The guardian spawns on 2,4,8,9 I think. Don't the feathers only give 3 charges, that's what it says in the dungeon journal. Or did they hotfix to 4 now?
    They give 3 but you can stack them. If you go down to the first platform, get 3 charges, use one to get back, go to the next platform and repeat the process you end up with 4 charges.

there are less than 50 guilds on wow progress that have gotten that far into ToT..why do i feel this is little more than bragging?
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

From my experiences the guardians spawn at - 2,4,6,8,12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufxNzHDDEQ My PoV, I was killing the 2nd, 8th, and the 10th platform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rB9pdPxBKZM Resto Druid PoV, He was with the 2 dps/tank that were doing the platforms I wasn't

This boss is extremely simple once you work out the pattern. After the 12 we all came down and went for a final burn - probably should of killed another 1-2 platforms, but we managed.

Thanks very much, the info is appreciated. And there are many guilds working their way to this in the next couple weeks so IT IS timely. In fact I wish there were a lot more of these "how to heroic boss" threads. So thank you.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-03-23 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    there are less than 50 guilds on wow progress that have gotten that far into ToT..why do i feel this is little more than bragging?
    you may feel that way but anyone close to the boss don't. Reading over this saved me having to bug a buddy of mine to find out the number of platforms before burn when we do this fight next Tuesday.

It's arguably the 2nd easiest heroic boss on 10 man. Plenty of guilds are 1/13H.

You don't have to progress linearly in heroics. HJK is supposedly one of the easier ones. I don't think he's bragging, my guild is attempting it this week and we're only 1/12 H, based on advice from other heroic raider guilds on our server.

Ryoushi your post was awesome. I'll be relaying the info to my guild this week as well for our attempts. Thanks!