Thread: PvP iLevel Cap

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP iLevel Cap

Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.

Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

I think this may spawn the biggest whinedramafest of all time with 2200+ pvpers.

Ever

high rated PvPers want a balanced game. This is a welcomed change as long as PvP gear will still be BiS.

2200+ pvpers won't be affected.
    The highest possible ilvl for PvP gear will be 496, so it doesn't matter for a PvP geared player.

The only thing this ilvl cap does is prevent people wearing 522+ PvE gear to be OP (Now that Resilience was mostly removed from Gear).

Let me rephrase that, because you are partially right. 2200+ non PHD non carried non season 5 dk's will NOT spawn the biggest whinedramafest of all time.

I thank based god for this change.

Now I can actually go into a Match and not feel like it is a losing Battle when people of the same Skill-level as myself cannot just win due to having 20+ ilvls of gear on me.

Balanced PvP Gear. Fuck yeah Blizzard.

The only difference with a scaled Ilvl is how people will gem/enchant now. So gemming will have a more important role of "do I want a bit of extra HP? or should I go with a bit more Strength, Or PvP Power" since if everyone has the same base gear the gems will be the changing factors.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Balanced PvP Gear. Fuck yeah Blizzard.
    It's not balanced PvP gear. It will just scale DOWN, not up.

Conquest-geared people will still outgear honor-geared people. This ilvl cap just affect PvE geared people.

Deleted
    Do this changes mean that PvE gear is better for open world PvP?

PvP power has to fix it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post

Someone will do the math! >.>

Interesting change didn't see it coming, will be interesting to see how they scale power now.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    It's not balanced PvP gear. It will just scale DOWN, not up.

Conquest-geared people will still outgear honor-geared people. This ilvl cap just affect PvE geared people.
    With 5.3 all the Conq Catch up and Tyrranicals being bought with Honor once you get to the catch up point means. people without the PvP gear still will have no reason to complain.

I was also talking about from my own perspective, because I will be doing Rateds, not Random BGs with PvE geared scrubs. So honor-gear/PvE gear is not of consequence to me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post

A full geared PvP person with an Ilvl of 496 with around 50-60% pvp power, will still do significantly more damage to a Pve Geared person in Full 535 heroic gear.

Just due to the way that PvP power increases damage. Since you would need to be able to do 50-60% more damage in the PvE set to beat the PvP set.

Deleted
    Most likely to prevent people with PvE gear ilvl 549 come 5.3 upgrading to faceroll (along with the 65% base resi change) each and everyone 53 item levels lower.

PvP geared players will probably still rip PvE geared players a new one with pvp power, so instead of the old resilience mitigating dmg it's pvp power going through mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    high rated PvPers want a balanced game. This is a welcomed change as long as PvP gear will still be BiS.
    I'm kind of confused here. I don't pvp, but what would the motivation be to grind Elite Tyrannical if it's the same as normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I'm kind of confused here. I don't pvp, but what would the motivation be to grind Elite Tyrannical if it's the same as normal?
    Cosmetic look, to prove you are a good pvp'er or at least put the work into PvP to get said rewards.

It isn't really a grind, it just enables you to continue to obtain things once you are fully geared in normal Tyrannicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkwolfgang View Post
    2200+ pvpers won't be affected.
    The highest possible ilvl for PvP gear will be 496, so it doesn't matter for a PvP geared player.

The only thing this ilvl cap does is prevent people wearing 522+ PvE gear to be OP (Now that Resilience was mostly removed from Gear).
    That would be/is disappointing for now. By the next season, if the ilvl cap remains the same then people would be able to become competitive faster.

But if it is how you're saying then 99% of the good the change this would have been making is a goner. No more reduction/removal of botting, no more bareable grinding for gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Identical ilvl wouldn't necessary mean identical stats. I assume the elite would still have an edge, but not enough that a person new to the season would get destroyed 100% of the time simply because they're always undergeared. It would also provide a unique appearance denoting you're a better player.

Edit - I think it also eliminates PvP gear being used to cheat ilvl for future LFR.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Deleted
    I dont know how I feel about this.
    It sounds quite okay, but if the cap remains, ther is NO point in keeping playing and upgrading gear in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Identical ilvl wouldn't necessary mean identical stats. I assume the elite would still have an edge, but not enough that a person new to the season would get destroyed 100% of the time simply because they're always undergeared. It would also provide a unique appearance denoting you're a better player.

Edit - I think it also eliminates PvP gear being used to cheat ilvl for future LFR.
    why is it to cheat ilvl for lfr? a pvp item of lvl 450 is as good as a pve ilvl of 450. but pve items has a higher ilvl then pvp.

An interesting change with ilvl in PVP. However I don't get it why would they remove resilience from most of PVP gear? Okay, that would make undergeared newcomers' experience better as they won't die so quick, more so for healers who won't suffer much from the lack of PVP power. But that's that? Isn't this change promoting PVPing in PVE gear? Or will they buff PVP power effects to be the clear winner? Because right now many spells and abilities favor stacking main stats over PVP power. For example, for pure classes mainstat will buff the absorption of shield effects, healing, damage mitigation abilities, damage against non-players (Alterac, Isle of Conquest bosses, etc). Will that change create a possibility of more offensive gearing with PVP items and a more defensive (and lazy) PVE itemisation?

What about burst PVE trinkets?