Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

In which way would you like female orcs to be reworked ?

Hey, i was wondering with the upcomming race rework, how would female orcs looks ? Would they be more feminines ? Or would they continue on a mannish way ? Or would they be the same with only different textures ?

Or maybe we'll have the choice ! Imagine if we could customize our character that much, that would be perfect, but i think that it will never happen, it would be too good to be true...

Your thoughts ?
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-22 at 11:29 AM.

Don't want them to change much tbh, their proportion is good, and imo one of the better looking old races, especially in gear.
    Just a texture update would do it for me

Deleted
    Higher poly count and high res textures and I'm set. Though I'd welcome new models I'm perfectly ok with the old ones and don't mind them much. I appreciate Blizzard efforts to revamp the old ones but I don't expect a lot, but I do anticipate countless whiners who will feel their exceedingly high expectations were not met. The quality of the new troll models is pretty much the level I expect for all other races, but you already saw dozens of people complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Don't want them to change much tbh, their proportion is good, and imo one of the better looking old races, especially in gear.
    Just a texture update would do it for me
    I agree that's why i chosed it, but the hairs are so ugly that we can't show our face. The model rework should fix it.

Um i thought they showed new orcs models with Thrall and Aggra in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I agree that's why i chosed it, but the hairs are so ugly that we can't show our face. The model rework should fix it.
    Same for me. The model is fine just the hair choices are all bad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Um i thought they showed new orcs models with Thrall and Aggra in cata.
    Aggra have a basical orc model no ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggra has a modified Female Orc model. I'm sure the models will be all but brand new.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Aggra has a modified Female Orc model. I'm sure the models will be all but brand new.
    She does? I saw no difference other than a Maghar texture.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    i rly just want them to update them.. dont rly want them to change much.. just dont want such bad grafic on feet,hand, face, ear =P

the body shape and posture is fine (maybe a bit more buffer as orcs?), but need higher polygons on the limbs, head and hair.

Overall the models this is a good oppurtunity for more hairstyles, asthetics and faces.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-03-22 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Better hairstyles! All but one or two of the hairstyles are terrible. I know they're Orcs, but cmon Blizzard. And don't change their posture, it's part of what gives them their attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real head of hair! They have it in the lore books. The body shape and stuff is fine. I played one for 5 years, its now and alt but still a female orc.

BTW Aggra has a stock standed orc model with brown skin. There is nothing different about her then that.
    Aye mate

I actually can't think of much that would improve the female orc model. They look athletic and fierce, which is the only way an orc should look
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggra have a basical orc model no ?
    She has a slightly higher rez model by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Nope, it's a standard model, only using the maghar texture, which looks a bit more hi-rez, just like dragonmaw orcs.

On topic - this: http://sonsofthestorm.com/viewer.php...arcraft&art=26

My warrior would get a sex change if they would look even remotely like this (the face and the hair).

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally like orc female. Just update the res and more hairstyles! More female hairstyles!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I no longer have any Horde characters, but my hunter was an female Orc until Cata, so I do remember what bugged me the most was that pretty much all of the hair styles were pretty damn bad. The one I actually used was one of the other race's styles that got added with the barber shop, and even that was still rather crude compared to what some of the other races had.

High poly's on the model, sure, just don't change the stance or overall appearance of the body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better textures, facial expressions/emotes, more/better hairstyles/colors, and more skin tones.

As it is right now there are only 1 or 2 decent faces, and the hairstyles are so bad that you pretty much have to put a helm on them. However, they look great in plate. :P

Deleted
    Hey, i was wondering with the upcomming race rework, how would female orcs looks ? Would they be more feminines ? Or would they continue on a mannish way ? Or would they be the same with only different textures ?
    I actually think the female Orcs look pretty good. They need to look a bit masculine, strong and proud.
    They just need a better detailed model and maybe a slightly different pose.

Pretty much how Thrall's model is different from the Orc player model, but still reminds you of an Orc.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Higher resolution texture, not a better quality model.