Oondasta nerfed already

Blue post on the front page is showing Oondasta's health has been cut in half already. This will definitely make it more doable on smaller servers. I like the change (being on a low population server) but it does kind of reduce the epicness of the fight.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Cue "Nerfed already? GG Blizz" and "I welcome this change" opinions.

kinda makes me laugh, not that I care that much but more due to the whole "hardest world boss ever, will make heroic raiders cry" bullshit that they had going on only for it to be as easily zerged as sha or galleon

if you google "not living up to the hype" his picture should be the first result

well at least the zerg won't take that long now ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Blue post on the front page is showing Oondasta's health has been cut in half already. This will definitely make it more doable on smaller servers. I like the change (being on a low population server) but it does kind of reduce the epicness of the fight.
    What epicness? The idiotic abilities and their damage? The spawn point and graveyard locations? Come on, be serious. LK (HC) fight is epic, not this crap of 2min ressurect timer, bam-dead.. It only encourages tagging and staying dead.

Deleted
    And hopefully it will prevent servers from crashing. There is absolutely nothing epic about a fight where you have to wait up to a minute for an ability to go off, just to see the World server is down window a few seconds later.

WoW servers are not able to handle such a big mass of players doing the same thing at the same time.

My realm population is small enough that you can't fill a single page with /who most nights, so I definitely welcome the change in that regards. But even with that, we managed to get him to 6% one night last week before the health reduction.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is it a nerf? Wasn't it about servers crashing and people not being able to do the fight because 100 others there lagged them to hell?
    that's the beauty of the fight reminds me of good ol' azuregos fights.

Deleted
    I'm frankly fine with it, I'll take him having less hp if it means I can get more than a slideshow with optional crashes. Having half the HP isn't going to stop his "one shots idiots" abilities, it'll just mean he dies before his enrage stacks absurdly high.

Curious as to how many people it takes to down him now though, before it seemed the recommended raid size was 80+, curious as to how easy you could down him with a "proper" 40man now.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed the magnitude of the Oondasta fight the few times I did it, I do have to admit that for smaller servers like mine it can take forever to set up the group(s) to down him, if it even happens at all. I can't say I like or dislike this change, but I understand it, and ultimately it has its purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

it was never a 40 man boss. wow can't handle more than 40 at a time so something had to give. this is why TESO has developed their own tech just for these large scale things because currently, nobody can really handle it and we'll see if they even can. it's taxing

When I tried him..her?... it?...
    Well when I tried to fight Oondasta my PC lit itself on fire, jumped up, slapped me across my face and ran away with the router..

I think I had more FPS while rendering in 3DS max than during this wipe-a-thon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see it as a nerf, more of an fix.
    I been there 2 times, both times i was ready with a fire extinguisher, thats not fun normally playing at 60 fps, and then lagfest with 10-15fps
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I welcome this change.

Makes my weekly moneybag grabbing more manageable.

expected but dissapointing at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason for the health nerf is because of the recent Oondasta/CRZ change (people from other realms get no loot), so now smaller realms won't have to pull people from other realms to defeat him (there were posts saying that smaller realms had to pull as much as 2 ENTIRE RAID GROUPS from other servers to defeat him).

I have to assume that it's also to help server stability/FPS issues that came from so many people in one area.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Fight is retarded anyways... why make a 'heroic' level world boss with 522 gear. Not appealing at all to do when considering your repair bill will be in the 1000's. The above average raider will replace the loot in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Fight is retarded anyways... why make a 'heroic' level world boss with 522 gear. Not appealing at all to do when considering your repair bill will be in the 1000's. The above average raider will replace the loot in a couple weeks.
    It's not even heroic level though. He's just a brick wall you get to beat your face against until, 3000 skeletons and a 500g repair bill later, he dies.

Personally, I don't care what his health is, I have the achievement for killing him, I'm not going to do it again. His loot table is utter crap for the time and number of people it takes to kill him, and if you don't get loot, you just spend 30 minutes graveyard zerging a boss and racking up a giant repair bill that is not even close to compensated by the gold you get from the kill.