Poll: Whose fault / responsibility is it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Everybody gets tired and drops their guard eventually, this is why others around you also need to be aware.
    Exactly. NOBODY is constantly alert to their surroundings

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Pfft, not when you're on LSD you don't. My- yo- a random hypothetical person on LSD would never drop their guard. Hallucinations are a meager price for the piece of mind of not being hit by doors. Or being surprised by George's secret NASA Ninja Force.

Won't be happening again, no sir.
    It rather easy to punch someone in the face who is on LSD. They will be distracted by the melting dinosaurs.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

If I hear voices I'll open it very slowly and peek with my head first.
    Ofcourse if the people are standing too close to the door you risk decapitation.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Exactly. NOBODY is constantly alert to their surroundings

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:36 PM ----------

It rather easy to punch someone in the face who is on LSD. They will be distracted by the melting dinosaurs.
    Not if the door has already told you he's got the gollywobbles something awful. You'll move. You'll move.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the door swings outward into the hall, then I openly not slowly, but not fast... just the right speed where no one will get hurt but it doesn't look like I'm trying to spy on someone from behind... but I never slam those kind of doors open... it's just asking for someone to get hurt... is it a masculinity thing to slam it open? "Grr I'm strong, I can push 5 lbs of wood that swings are hinges... I'm so strong!"
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say THE DOOR, sue it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holidae View Post
    Not if the door has already told you he's got the gollywobbles something awful. You'll move. You'll move.
    Sir, you most assuredly win.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Sometimes accidents happen. Still, I think both the opener and the... uh, loiterer (If that's the right word for it) have some responsibility - I generally open doors more slowly, and I don't stand near doors just in case somebody would need to use it/pass through it. Though, as I said, accidents happen! :P

Deleted
    Actually interior doors should always be opening towards the inside of the room. So it's the builder's/architect's (although i highly doubt they would do that on purpose) or even the building management's fault for having a door that opens to the outside of the room. The only exception to that are corridor doors etc, in cases where doors need to swing both ways.

its obviously the guy getting hit fault because the guy opening the door cant see through it, as the old saying goes "watch where your going". no one is going to open the door slowly when you know that that door can come swinging open any minute yet you continue to be oblivious. i would laugh my ass off if i saw that bro
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Pretty much depends but mostly the fault of the person opening the door assuming it does anything worthy of complaining about. You shouldn't ever slam open doors, basically. Somebody standing outside the door could have been somebody walking by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's both party's responsibility to be aware of other people in the world, but anyone that feels the need to swing a door open with tremendous amounts of force is a tool. Unless you're escaping from a burning building or an ax-murderer, exercise some courtesy and common sense when operating doors... This concludes Kindergarten 101.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a door opens outward into a hallway, then whoever built the building is just stupid, NEVER have a door open out to a walkway, thats just asking for a lawsuit. In fact, all doors should open inwards(into the room from walkway), unless they are emergency exits, or high traffic one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    If a door opens outward into a hallway, then whoever built the building is just stupid, NEVER have a door open out to a walkway, thats just asking for a lawsuit. In fact, all doors should open inwards(into the room from walkway), unless they are emergency exits, or high traffic one way.
    What I remember about fire safety was that doors on inner rooms should open outwards so that the route to the exit is all outwards. Otherwise it becomes hard to open doors in fires due to panicked crowding of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    That of the person who stands close to a door that opens in their direction.

Why would you stand that close to a door that it can hit you if opened?
    I would expect that they were probably approaching the door with the intentions of going through it. Alternatively, they could be walking by the door when it opens.

In either case, I'd say there's no one at fault here. Accidents happen. Maybe don't open doors that open outwards so fiercely in the future (although frankly, I've never seen a bathroom door that opens outwards; most rooms have doors that open inwards in my experience), but otherwise I don't really see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    What I remember about fire safety was that doors on inner rooms should open outwards so that the route to the exit is all outwards. Otherwise it becomes hard to open doors in fires due to panicked crowding of the door.
    Except for this, now that I think about it. Although it certainly doesn't apply to bathrooms.

If you can't see through the door, open the door as if there was someone standing there until you can clearly see whether someone actually is or not.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda funny, there's this one bathroom at this one college I went to that opened outwards into a very narrow alcove. As a result of many...incidents, they had to put a sign on the inside of the door to remind people to open it slowly.

OT: Whenever there's a door that opens outward that I can't see through, I TRY to open it slowly. Sometimes I'm in a rush and forget, but I try and be cautious when I can.

If a bike rider gets hit by a car door, I give the car driver a HIGH 5!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted both but I blame the inventor of the door and humans for using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Standing within the radius of any door is dumb. It just is. But sometimes it happens for a variety of perfectly reasonable reasons. Opening a door so quickly as to cause injury to others is also dumb. As the first reply pointed out, both people should be aware that there are other people in the world, and any time you take an action you should consider the possible implications of that action on others. Especially when there are large, heavy, moving objects involved.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Isn't this one of those things called an accident?

You don't need to find someone to blame for everything.