Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    oh no, I had to play the game for an hour! :O
    It is not this that people are complaining about here, it isn't even that people in lfd play in some suboptimal way, but they play as if they have completely given up and not even trying. Lfr geared people doing 20k dps? Blue geared people doing 4k?
    My groups always wipe on first boss of scholomance, the one that summons ice wall that crushes you if you don't have enough dps, can't exactly progress though a dungeon if you can't beat the first boss, everyone has to leave and look for a new lfd group. I am a paladin healer, I can do some dps, but when every person in the party is doing only a four digit number, then you can probably imagine the party is dooomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    Sounds like my groups. Have we run together; I'm always first or second dps on my disc priest. Fun times.

And I am not 514 geared, lol. 496 last I checked; maybe higher than average (I'm not sure what the average is actually, this may be lower than average) But I expect a dps with around the same HP as me to keep up. Usually they can't.
    Why do you care?

At a gear level near 500 you will do something stupid like 50-100k as disc while healing with atonement. The instances are designed for 3 DPS doing TOTAL dps in that range. So, basically, you're taking a blowtorch to a candle.

Seriously, what is with people like you. When you sit down to WoW, are you trying to figure out how to deflect all of your real-world inadequacies? If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing? Challenging fourth graders to a wrestling match?

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    talk to them, explain fights that might pose a challenge. help heal if you're a dps, interrupt things that need to be interrupted. Tell people when their dps is low, try to help them if you can.

LFG and LFR are awful because people are botting in crazy or dont speak at all.
    i fixed that for you, the main reason why LFG AND LFR are awful is becuz of this...... botting(afking follow) or dont speak

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Why do you care?

At a gear level near 500 you will do something stupid like 50-100k as disc while healing with atonement. The instances are designed for 3 DPS doing TOTAL dps in that range. So, basically, you're taking a blowtorch to a candle.

Seriously, what is with people like you. When you sit down to WoW, are you trying to figure out how to deflect all of your real-world inadequacies? If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing? Challenging fourth graders to a wrestling match?

You seem upset, I think maybe it's time to back away from the keyboard. I like how you accuse me of feeling inadequate, and using wow to deflect, when all I said is that I expect a DPS around the HP as me (Meaning the same amount of Stam on their gear which means they are of a similar gear level) to do dps around mine; I don't think that's an overly high standard. My DK doesn't even have proper dps gear of a high enough ilevel for lfr but I never go into a five man doing 20-40k and getting beat by healers.

If expecting an equally geared dps to beat my priest is akin to beating up fourth graders in your eyes then I don't know what else can be said to you.

I noticed a while back I wasn't getting the LFG buff either. However, when I ran 2 randoms with a healer friend earlier today, we had 3 stack of the buff. Maybe it was just bugged for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericanibus View Post
    I noticed a while back I wasn't getting the LFG buff either. However, when I ran 2 randoms with a healer friend earlier today, we had 3 stack of the buff. Maybe it was just bugged for a while?
    From what I've heard (in this thread and elsewhere), there was a bug causing the buff to be applied to challenge modes. I'm guessing they took it out while they fixed the bug (so people couldn't abuse it in challenge modes, which are a competitive thing with leaderboards), and now that it's fixed, they put it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I've seen REALLY horrible DPS this expansion. I've even had a fire mage in the group once, from another server, that did such awful DPS. he struggled pulling 6K DPS on most pulls. I had such pity on him, that I actually gave him my realID and spent 2 hours tutoring him after the run, and ran a scenario with him so he can get a new weapon. his DPS was tripled, from 6 to 18K, and at one point, during the scenario, he pulled 21K DPS. It's still pretty bad, but I'm certain that he was very happy about it.
    You sir get +100 karma points.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    You seem upset, I think maybe it's time to back away from the keyboard. I like how you accuse me of feeling inadequate, and using wow to deflect, when all I said is that I expect a DPS around the HP as me (Meaning the same amount of Stam on their gear which means they are of a similar gear level) to do dps around mine; I don't think that's an overly high standard. My DK doesn't even have proper dps gear of a high enough ilevel for lfr but I never go into a five man doing 20-40k and getting beat by healers.

If expecting an equally geared dps to beat my priest is akin to beating up fourth graders in your eyes then I don't know what else can be said to you.
    Once again, if you go into a MoP 5-man heroic in 500 ilevel gear and proceed to blow out the meters with atonement, you're the person who's doing something weird. The people in the instance doing crappy dps, they are doing what the instance is designed for. You're trying to complain about something about which there is no valid complaint. You're searching for a problem, but the only problem is your perception of other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care?

While its true that the MoP 5 mans are tuned fairly low in terms of dps, from what I've seen on my myriad of alts, 30k dps is what all fresh 90s are capable of doing, assuming 435 ilvl. 460 ilvl, for LFR, 50k dps. 480 ilvl, 5.2 LFR, 80k dps. 500 ilvl should see people doing close to 100k dps with a lacking rotation (Always casting, but not prioritizing certain abilities, wasting resources, ect).

Essentially, if someone does less then 30k dps, they are ignorant of thier rotation. Now, the best thing to do in these situations is attempt to guide them towards higher dps. If they take it willingly, and you can see that they do improvement, you have helped someone contribute better in a MMO!

Remember that this is an MMO, one is playing with other people. If one does not wish to participate to ones fullest, blizz has made it to where one can hit valor cap by doing simple dailies. If one is an ass that doesn't want to improve themselves, others will have no pity for em.

So, if you see others doing low dps, ask them) Are you unfamiliar with the spec? Would you like some advice to be able to do more damage?

Out of every 40 people that I come across doing significantly lower dps then what thier gear allows for, 39 willingly take my advice and greatly improve in terms of damage (Generally go from around 30-60% output to 80-90% output, huge increase). Only 1 out of 40 decides to be an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Once again, if you go into a MoP 5-man heroic in 500 ilevel gear and proceed to blow out the meters with atonement, you're the person who's doing something weird. The people in the instance doing crappy dps, they are doing what the instance is designed for. You're trying to complain about something about which there is no valid complaint. You're searching for a problem, but the only problem is your perception of other players.
    MoP 5-mans are designed for dps in close to 500 ilevel gear who can't out dps an equally geared healer? I thought they were designed for fresh 90's looking to get the gear to progress into lfr's and normal modes; this is honestly brand new information for me.

And where was I complaining or searching for a problem? I made an observation based on my experience that correlated with someone else's experience in this thread. I didn't go "Oh woe is me, all these crappy dps are holding me back" or make any mention of these low dps being a problem in my gameplay (It's not a problem. I show up, I cast fort, I smite, and then I leave. I don't even have instance chat on); all I said was that I expect better of a person in dps spec who has a similar gear level to me. I'm sorry you find that so offensive.