Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Seriously people... How old are you if the first thing that comes to your mind, when someone mentions a TCG is Yu-Gi-Oh? MtG, anyone?
    By the way, anyone else noticed that they misspelled Alexstrasza's name? :-)

Looks kinda fun.. but nothing special really.

What BUGS ME though is that in their video they're saying that they are proud of 'taking a risk'... Fuck off guys; you're a, probably, multi-billion dollar company and this thing probably cost less than 200k to make. Besides that you're cashing on probably the biggest video-game IP currently on the market with game mechanics that are also proven in the form of the 'real' WoW TCG.
    There is virtually no risk involved in any part of this production except maybe for a few 'fans' who're upset that you're not releasing Warcraft 4 or something.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    You do realize that completely different people handle this sort of stuff right?
    You do realize that the money they pay to the slobs working on Hearthstone could go to something useful, right?

^ this has to be the reason why gc said they were hiring people for dungeon/encounter development. They pulled an experience team from wow to make this garbage. And yes i have played man of the magic games they are all boring if you like that kinda stuff more power to ya not dissing on you. BUT I do think I can speak for the majority of the player base when I say I think we all were expecting something a little more different... than this. A game like magic the gathering battlegrounds would have been epic from blizzard
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

This actually looks interesting. Looks like a dumbed down version of the wow tcg.

If you want pricing vs examples I can give some

A regular booster pack in WoW TCG is 3.99 at my local hobby store which if I remember right comes with 14 cards, 1 is expected to be a rare, and 1 other is expected to be a hero/loot/crafting/token card, the other 13 are common/uncommons.

From what we know each "pack" in this WoW "CCG" (we don't know if its going to be tcg yet, so for now its considered a ccg), is going to contain 5 cards, one is expected to be rare or higher (rare/epic/legendary), so the other 4 will be either common/uncommon (if thats what they're going to be called). Each of these packs will run 1$ for all we know. So the pricing is roughly the same, a 1$ cheaper.

Now there are treasure packs in wow tcg which are 5.99$ at my local hobby store and contain I think 9 cards, but we may not have something like that in hearthstone.

In all reality, its not 100% pay to win, but when its first released, there will be people who have stronger decks because they might've dumped some if not alot of money into it to get a good number of rare+ cards. You can still earn packs from playing other people across the internet but I believe its 1 pack per match, where as I can throw 5$ and instantly get 5 packs.

This game is not stunting the other development team, they did mention they did this for them, its f2p, they are going to make some profit but its not the complete & sole heir game of their company, its nothing like their other 3 franchises. Its there because they want to play it, and share it with their players. If they wanted to make it for profit, they'd charge you to start playing it & perhaps charge monthly to play it.

I am going to be spending some time in this game, as I from time to time play the WoW tcg with some friends & have some fun in it. I hope they have some integration other than being another warcraft spin off linked to WoW itself, perhaps some battle pets, or a mount after so many games played.

They can work with this alot, and its not a huge damp on the other franchises. They brought 15 people to its team that probably didn't have a "home" in the other teams.

I'm excited, hoping for beta access soon

Just a word to the wise...

If you think this game is dumb, boring, stupid, etc, etc, etc...then it's NOT for you. Believe it or not, not every game company creates games specifically with you in mind. I understand it's not an easy idea to grasp...not everything revolving around you specifically, but there are actually other people in the world who are "not" you. Talking a walk outside will provide this evidence.

So when you see something created that appeals to others, but not you, there's really no reason to rage about it. The trick is finding something that does appeal to you and focus your energies there.

I mean really, coming to this thread to post that the game doesn't appeal to you (including all your colorful language) is less then pointless. Time to move along.

Woo. Card games. Blizz has planted themselves the usual safe money tree. I don't blame them but, meh.

After playing Pokemon TCG on the gameboy, I'm pretty happy with this announce. I can't do physical TCG because I don't know anyone who does it.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    ^ this has to be the reason why gc said they were hiring people for dungeon/encounter development. They pulled an experience team from wow to make this garbage. And yes i have played man of the magic games they are all boring if you like that kinda stuff more power to ya not dissing on you. BUT I do think I can speak for the majority of the player base when I say I think we all were expecting something a little more different... than this. A game like magic the gathering battlegrounds would have been epic from blizzard
    MTG battlegrounds was an abomination and shouldn't be spoken of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in this release... but I'm also extremely, extremely sad. When I saw the twitter posts about a game announcement at PAX... I had a small glimmer of hope that they would finally develop Starcraft: Ghost.

WHY BLIZZARD, WHY DO YOU TOY WITH ME, WHY??!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Bleh, no big deal.

But it is: money wise.

CCG are all about making fast money. And digital CCG are taking that to the extreme with not even printing runs.

1 dollar per pack, make that 1 dollar per ... Card, because the only ones that count are rares (the others will be widely available at NO cost) means at least 80 dollars if you want to collect hem all ... once. But of course you'll need 3 or 4 copies of he best cards, ... so in a 300 card set make that 200 dollars per fan.

1 million players - this IS a multiplatform Blizzard game - and you see a revenue of 200 million in the first 6 months alone... If anything make that 3 to 4 times in sales and you have a home run...

All with a 15 people development team.

The problem with CCG's is that they burn fast. Mostly they die after 2 or 3 expansions, with each new expansion launched every 4 to 5 months.

-----

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR WOW AND BLIZZARD FANS ???

the WoW CCG has some strong angles:

- digital competition through BattleNet: always play and have opponents.
    - a hook into WoW: extreme rare cards that will be loot cards for pets in WoW (see the picture ?)
    - may even be included as an INN play in Azeroth.
    - electronic card sport with huge money prices.

This product is JUST the first digital follow up to the WoW franchise, others like Blizzard All Stars will follow.

If Blizzard plays it right, they could even include subscriptions into the card game:

How about:

- Buy 6 packs a month and get a WoW subscription for free ...

Smart guys @ Blizz.

CCG Game? Like ATM Machine or PIN Number? Amazing how many people that trips up, heehee. Looks somewhat interesting though.

Deleted
    Card games to me are only fun if I can have the cards in my hands, I've never been able to get into online ones.

Deleted
    This looks fun, will definitely try it when it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL all those haters out there probably the same ones that complained when MOP was announced yet still went on to play it and actually like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yayyyy. PokeWoW?
    Wasnt this term already used for battle pets? And how can it be pokemon? As pokemon was an animated show then a card game...

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I was hoping for an in-house developed animated film. Oh well...

Gracious, how dare Blizzard announce anything non Titan related. So many butt hurt people it is painful to read through these comments. How dare Blizzard hire more people to do more stuff! Damn them!

That topic is interresting.
    It prove that the haters are the one who are alway the first to post on forum, since there live are empty they are log 24/24 to share they hate and try to existe.

On topic, I'm realy looking forward this game, I love tcg and this one could be realy interresting.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    But it is: money wise.

CCG are all about making fast money. And digital CCG are taking that to the extreme with not even printing runs.

1 dollar per pack, make that 1 dollar per ... Card, because the only ones that count are rares (the others will be widely available at NO cost) means at least 80 dollars if you want to collect hem all ... once. But of course you'll need 3 or 4 copies of he best cards, ... so in a 300 card set make that 200 dollars per fan.
    So much misinformed insomptions....
    It's 2 copies max by deck, and you can win you pack by playing the game, or even craft them.
    Paying just speed up the aquisition of the cards.

Stop blindly raging and wait to try by yourself or AT LEAST search some informations before saying such wrong things.