Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shooting on Marine corps base

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us...html?hpt=hp_t1

Washington (CNN) -- A Marine shot and killed two of his fellow service members at a Virginia base Thursday night and then apparently killed himself, base officials said.

The incident took place at Marine Corps Base Quantico. The shooter gunned down a man and a woman, the spokesmen said. All are Marines -- permanent personnel assigned to the officer candidate school.

Authorities did not disclose a motive and were investigating the incident. The identities of the victims were not immediately disclosed as authorities worked to notify next of kin.

There is a video in the link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's sad. I live about 30 minutes away from Quantico.

I'm not sure if it's a media thing or what, but random shootings/acts of violence seem to be more frequent than ever.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that it is a media thing. We have less violence now than ever.

Very sad. Looks like it may be a love triangle or sorts gone wrong.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    Wow, that's sad. I live about 30 minutes away from Quantico.

I'm not sure if it's a media thing or what, but random shootings/acts of violence seem to be more frequent than ever.
    Not more frequent, just better journalism and media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad that this stuff happens. I doubt I'll ever understand the impulse that causes someone to want to kill another human being outside of war or defense.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Sad that this stuff happens. I doubt I'll ever understand the impulse that causes someone to want to kill another human being outside of war or defense.
    Looks like a love triangle gone wrong, this is why we have fraternisation rules within the Military.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Looks like a love triangle gone wrong, this is why we have fraternisation rules within the Military.
    Where did you glean that from? Unless I missed something in the article..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Where did you glean that from? Unless I missed something in the article..
    He killed 1 man, then 1 woman, then did himself in. Not your typical random shooting, he deliberately went out of his way to kill those two before hiding out further away, he then shot himself.

The assailant and both victims, a man and a woman, were staff members at the school and not students, a senior defense official said. The official called the incident "isolated," adding: "There was nothing random here."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...tico-base?lite

Deleted
    He killed 1 man, then 1 woman, then did himself in. Not your typical random shooting, he deliberately went out of his way to kill those two before hiding out further away, he then shot himself.

The assailant and both victims, a man and a woman, were staff members at the school and not students, a senior defense official said. The official called the incident "isolated," adding: "There was nothing random here."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...tico-base?lite
    Yeah you're probably right. I missed the bit about 1 victim being female.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Yeah you're probably right. I missed the bit about 1 victim being female.
    It was the "There was nothing random here" quote that lead me to that conclusion, it sounds like they already know the full story but cannot release it yet.

Anti military article by rich? No way!! Thanks for actually having proof this time.

Rip to the soliders

"I'm not sure if it's a media thing or what, but random shootings/acts of violence seem to be more frequent than ever."

Its a media thing, notice they dont mention the murders in chicago, detroit and other inner cities that are done with handguns? They lead our nation yet never get any press.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Anti military article by rich? No way!!
    Rich is in the military, which is probably why he highlights Military issues.

Anti military article by rich? No way!! Thanks for actually having proof this time.

Rip to the soliders

"I'm not sure if it's a media thing or what, but random shootings/acts of violence seem to be more frequent than ever."

Its a media thing, notice they dont mention the murders in chicago, detroit and other inner cities that are done with handguns? They lead our nation yet never get any press.
    Even I have to admit that there is nothing bias in the OP's post initial post. It was just a short statement of fact backed up by more facts.

However I will also admit that most of the media is a little bias. And they do tend to ignore certain aspects that don't "jive" with the story they want to push.

I just don't see that bias here.

Deleted

Rip to the soliders

Get real, I am not anti Military at all, look at my damn Avatar for the clue.

Time to ban guns on Marine bases!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Time to ban guns on Marine bases!
    Funnily enough, they pretty much are....

You are not allowed a personal firearm on the base unless it is stored in an official armoury, the only ones with access to weapons and ammunition are those on guard duty. Nothing stopping anyone from smuggling a weapon and ammunition onto the base illegally though.

Funnily enough, they pretty much are....

You are not allowed a personal firearm on the base unless it is stored in an official armoury, the only ones with access to weapons and ammunition are those on guard duty. Nothing stopping anyone from smuggling a weapon and ammunition onto the base illegally though.
    You mean criminals don't obey the laws on base? SHOCKER!!!!

Hey, did you hear that moron Cuomo in New York is now going to allow 10 round clips, BUT YOU CAN ONLY PUT 7 ROUNDS IN ONE LEGALLY!!! Let's go rob the 7-Eleven around the corner; yeah but make sure you don't accidently put 8 rounds in your gun.

Are you trying to create controversy where there is none?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Hmm - it seems to be all to frequent. Does the US military have bad psychiatric care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hmm - it seems to be all to frequent. Does the US military have bad psychiatric care?
    No, I wouldn't say... well, kind of actually. But I feel like this has more to do with the fact that we're employing some 2.6 million personnel. Any time you have a group of millions of people, some of them will inevitably be crazy.