Deleted

Breaking the 4pc T14

Hello! In the past few weeks, I managed to get a few pieces from ToT reg, (none thunderforged) so I decided to screw around with them and see what the numbers would look like.

The pieces I am talking about:
    1)Gaze of Gara'al - reason for replacing my old helm with this was because the 496 tier helm had around 300 something less agility than this not to mention no crit on it

2)Gloves I currently have equipped - reason for replacing my old tier ones with this was because those have around 250 more agi and 300 crit

So after my first Megara reg kill (still had my 4 set) I went to FD did the swap, 5 min fight, best debuffs, best buffs ect. it was giving me close to 1k dps increase over my 4 set as BM.

Right now I am still sort of unsure that I did the right thing swapping, what do you guys think about this, was it worth the change for the stats alone or were the 6 extra BW seconds on a min CD better?

Edit: armory link http: //us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Zerxes/advanced (added a space between http: and // to be able to link)
    Last edited by mmoc7a55812a6b; 2013-03-22 at 02:46 PM.

BREAK 4PC if u are Surv and not if you are BM IMO...4pc t14 of survival is really shitty.

Without simcrafting it.. I would think it would be a DPS gain for BM as well. The 2pc T15 already does about 4k dps in SV. Would go up even more with BM.

It's a DPS gain and you're going to end up breaking the 4pc soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorakko7 View Post
    BREAK 4PC if u are Surv and not if you are BM IMO...4pc t14 of survival is really shitty.
    This is somewhat of a tangent, but I really have no idea why people say this. FD actually simmed it to be a greater DPS gain than the 2pc for me.
    Last edited by Conando; 2013-03-22 at 08:16 PM.

Break the t14 4 piece for the t15 2 piece regardless of spec. The thunderhawk does awesome damage.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Btw, just noticed that the thunderhawk isnt getting dmg increase buffs, like on Elegon. Havent checked on Jin'rohk though, but..

Intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Btw, just noticed that the thunderhawk isnt getting dmg increase buffs, like on Elegon. Havent checked on Jin'rohk though, but..

Intended?
    Probably not, it's still really powerful regardless though tbh.

I broke my 4set like 1 week ago and my dps increased by 5-10k

Deleted
    Hello again and thanks for the info! Not to sound dickish but I am not sure if half of you have actualy read my post. I was asking about dropping 496 4 set for 2 offset 522 items that give me more a lot more agi and crit.

Well, the T14 4 set for BM is roughly 2.5k dps, while the 4 set for Survival is worth about 1k dps.

Every 300 agility is worth about 1200-1400 dps. Even before the secondary stats come into play, if you are gaining about 600 agility from switching to offset pieces, you should trade up if BM. Even 1 piece of gear is worthy of trading up for Survival.

I broke my 4pc T14 using 2 509 and a 522 Off piece. Simmed Lower than 3piece of 496 Tier. Only by around 600 DPS. So with the increased Agi from ToT Reg Gear, id guess there close or better.

Deleted
    Yeah it was the same for me, I simmed it with the 4pc then simmed it again after the change and saw a dps increase close to 1k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Probably not, it's still really powerful regardless though tbh.
    I'm seeing it do less then half the damage predicted by FD. Perhaps I need a bigger sample size but currently really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I'm seeing it do less then half the damage predicted by FD. Perhaps I need a bigger sample size but currently really disappointed.
    Mines been doing upwards of 5k-6k dps. Either way half of that is still a pretty big increase. It's just on the Real PPM system which means it can fluctuate a bit.

Deleted
    ie sometimes you get really shite rng or you get great rng and end with dual hawks

btw stool did they add the badluck protection to our hawk aswell or not (haven't checked yet and a bit outta time atm )

I once got three hawks during some buff (it scales with Heroism, right?) All I know is I nearly wet myself, because it was hero off the pull, which meant I had a potion up. I was a happy worgen.

Having had zero Hunter token drops so far in N, I did manage today to get both LFR tokens(legs & hands). Should I be breaking my T14 4piece at this point, losing current 504 legs and 522 Therapsid gloves? Is the 2piece T15 That good for SV even in LFR version? Playing SV mostly at this point with 4178 Haste rating. Here's a link to Armory if it helps:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lerossi/simple

Any advice would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Definitely, based on what everyone is saying I am sure the 2 set outweighs the 20ilvls you would lose from the gloves and dropping the 4pc t14.

I really liked the 4pc T14 for SV.

It helped me to get 4-5 ES in a row almost every pull at the start due to LnL proccing within 2 ticks of BA so I used ES > ES > ES > Readiness > ES and it really gave a nice chunk of burst with all trinkets/procs up.

It also helped alleviate the RNG you get sometimes with LnL not proccing on 1 full BA.