Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No Monk or DK Class makes me sad

I like everything about the game so far except that I won't get to play a Monk.

I understand part of the appeal is getting to play "your class" in a card game, but if your class is Monk or DK, not as much there for you.

Well, I guess you could simulate a DK by going warrior and choosing some undead neutral cards, but it's just not the same, and Monk isn't there at all.

Deleted
    Maybe they want to add expansions for it later on or the dev team just thought that the vanilla classes were better suited for the game

Yeah as a dk/ monk main player in WoW it kinda sucks. i bet they are saving it for an expansion.

Guess i'll go with warlock for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a long time Death Knight I am not that happy but I also get some balance issues might be in play for DKs and monks. 11 classes is already hard to balance for WoW.

I'd say they'll probably add them later.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    i am pretty sure it would be like this: Buy next wow expansion and get free stuff on heartstone

10+ Year Old Account
    I also am a bit sad, but I am sure they will update the game over time, adding new cards and also the missing WoW classes (hopefully). But better the game just starts with these 9 classes instead of waiting another few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As a long time Death Knight I am not that happy but I also get some balance issues might be in play for DKs and monks. 11 classes is already hard to balance for WoW.
    I don't understand. What do they mean by "playing your class"? If they mean, "there's card called 'druid'", then there's no reason not to add all the classes. It's a card. That's it. A lot easier to balance a card with two numbers and an ability or two than a class with a couple hundred different spells.

Yeah, I guess expansions make sense for those two classes. Here's hoping they ARE going to be in future expansions and aren't just ignored completely.

I'm a little bit suspicious though considering it looks like some undead stuff (or at least ghouls) are considered neutral cards, when they probably would have held on to those if they had DK's planned for the future.

Well there's ideas for the first and second expansions right there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't understand. What do they mean by "playing your class"? If they mean, "there's card called 'druid'", then there's no reason not to add all the classes. It's a card. That's it. A lot easier to balance a card with two numbers and an ability or two than a class with a couple hundred different spells.
    *shrugs* maybe a way to add an expansion? Perhaps not enough time? I mean I'm not happy about it, don't get me wrong...I want to see my class in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    *shrugs* maybe a way to add an expansion? Perhaps not enough time? I mean I'm not happy about it, don't get me wrong...I want to see my class in there.
    From what I understood:
    You choose a class and build your deck. There are class specific cards and cards usable by all classes. So let's say, there are 300 cards at launch and 9 classes. 20 specific cards per class would mean 180 cards already and 120 cards usable by all classes. I don't know how many class specific cards there are, but you would need more art and development time to add these. So I hope we will see the missing classes later.

I'm sure it's being saved for expansions.
    I'm also sure we'll end up going with whatever class we have the best cards to win with.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

9 is easier to balance than 11. 9 requires less work than 11. 9 gives all the vanilla classes.

Deleted
    If they do release it, the heroes will definitely be:
    Monk - Chen Stormstout
    Death Knight - Alexandros Morgraine.

Premium account: Unlock the Deathknight for $19.99!

because nothing is truly "free to play".
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    When we see more cards, maybe you can force a DK deck. Use mass amounts of undead with a warrior deck. Could also do Necromancer with Lock or mage. No luck for monks.

I am a little sad I won't be able to play my class. Just have to hope for an expansion with DKs comes soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Premium account: Unlock the Deathknight for $19.99!

because nothing is truly "free to play".
    That simply isn't true for a wide variety of F2P games out there. In this particular case, it appears that you'll be able to buy extra boosters for real money, but that just lets you get more cards faster, it doesn't get you better cards or characters.

Deleted
    I believe it's because the real TCG doesn't have the monk yet, and the DK section is kinda lacking.

honestly im betting they just haven't made those cards yet, its pre beta atm.