Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this thread is not about what's the better platform, and this forum is not the location to house such a discussion. I suggest we stick to the intended topic of Hearthstone coming to mobile platforms at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone on tablet devices is very wise business decision as the tablet market is quite a large player base they can bite into.

It's just smart business. My only concern is that they have seperate graphical versions for tablet / PC / console whatever, so that the processing power of a tablet doesn't define the game as a whole.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Hearthstone on tablet devices is very wise business decision as the tablet market is quite a large player base they can bite into.

It's just smart business. My only concern is that they have seperate graphical versions for tablet / PC / console whatever, so that the processing power of a tablet doesn't define the game as a whole.
    It's a CCG, what kind of processing power could they really need?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    They would hamstring potential profits were they not to make an android port, their market share is huge now.
    I'm sure it will happen, if not just slightly later.

Blizzard has always been great with releases on both Windows/OSX at the same time, but we're in new territory now with the mobile platforms. I'm sure we'll see it.

Though, while not hearthstone, something that drives me nuts is Microsoft's Spartan Assault is not coming to (even if just yet) iOS devices or Android Devices. I understand they're saving it for the windows mobile devices and Windows 8, but you're killing me here! They are BUTCHERING their potential purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC69 View Post
    I guess, if you can look beyond the fact that you automatically overpay for it just because it says iPad.... lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just the bullshit Apple wants people to believe because android tablets cost a baseline of around 25% less that ipads with equal capabilities. IPads are amazingly overpriced and apple has this whole "we are higher quality blah blah blah" campaign because they know sheople will buy into it.

Simple fact, Blizzard doesn't put this out for android as well as applecrap they are losing a huge chunk of possible profits.

Speaking as a normal poster, please avoid taking the tone of this conversation down this road.

Apple vs PC/Android is simple, it's a matter of preference. Plenty of people will choose Apple products, plenty of people won't, likewise plenty of people will convert for whichwhatever reason from one side to the other. It's all about preference. Don't bring your personal preference into this and, in fact, your condescending and pretentious attitude into the conversation. It's not helpful, nor is it productive, you're only taking the conversation down a road it's better saying away from.

On topic, I do enjoy this news and am glad to see this. I'm sure it will come to Android platforms shortly after/in due time. I'll be excited to have this game on the go, and when I get an Apple TV, it will be nice to have it nice and big on the big screen!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Apple vs PC/Android is simple, it's a matter of preference. Plenty of people will choose Apple products, plenty of people won't, likewise plenty of people will convert for whichwhatever reason from one side to the other. It's all about preference. Don't bring your personal preference into this and, in fact, your condescending and pretentious attitude into the conversation. It's not helpful, nor is it productive, you're only taking the conversation down a road it's better saying away from.
    It is simple, it is a matter of people believing the false advertisement and not having the will to do their own research before making a purchase. You can't possibly do research between Apple vs Android tablets and come to the conclusion that Apple is the better option. Same specs comes out to equal quality ratings and Android being between 15-30% cheaper. Same price comes out to equal quality ratings and much more powerful android tablet. But w/e, trying to tell the sheople stuff like that is pointless. And if you find the term sheople condescending, well, welcome to America where the majority of the public are sheople.

Edit: Also, after the previous mod said to get back on topic I wasn't going to further reply, but since you, speaking as a "normal poster", thought it would be okay to ignore the previous mod, then it is also okay for me as a "normal poster".

Android tablets suck they offer awful user experience, few apps made just for the android tablet experience, and the product design is bad. MS Surface is the nearest competitor

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, let me do it officially then, in nice bold blue lettering. No more discussion of which platform is better or the best.

This is the Hearthstone forum, and this thread is about wether or not, and when if so the Hearthstone game is coming to this particular platform. Discussion will stick to that, and keep the discussion for the better platform in the Computer forum.

Well they stated within the first few weeks of announcing hearthstone that it was coming to the ipad. Then stated they had no timeline on Android. Anyone intelligent enough to go to the official hearthstone forums can see that.

/end thread

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww windows <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathstar878 View Post
    Android tablets suck they offer awful user experience, few apps made just for the android tablet experience, and the product design is bad. MS Surface is the nearest competitor
    Yeah maybe if you used some $50 chinese tablet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    My only concern is that they have seperate graphical versions for tablet / PC / console whatever, so that the processing power of a tablet doesn't define the game as a whole.
    You shouldn't have concerns about things you have no knowledge about. Current tablets and smartphones can run games that are close to xbox/ps3 visuals.

In any case, it's a card game. Even a low-end tablet/phone shouldn't have much trouble running it at all (assuming it's a low end that came out in the last few years).