Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Coming to Ipad- Android not specified.

It says coming to windows and mac and eventually ipad, i was a little annoyed at the fact that it hasn't specified android but i am not worried. If it comes to ipad there is no way the wont port it over to android, way too many devices and potential players.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Ya I'd like to play it on my Android, specially when I'm in a boring place with internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has to come to Android...so I can play it on my Kindle Fire HD

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Ya I'd like to play it on my Android, specially when I'm in a boring place with internet.
    Android has enough of the market share now its not a worry, im definetly psyched for this when im bored.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

It really does look like a pretty neat little game to pass some time when you just want to do something a bit more casual. I do hope it'll come for Android at some point though.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

They would hamstring potential profits were they not to make an android port, their market share is huge now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    They would hamstring potential profits were they not to make an android port, their market share is huge now.
    I agree. There is no way they will pass up on the droid market.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    Yeah I would like to see them port it to android

Deleted
    I think that the android port is the next logical step, iOS is probably or more common or more standard so a better platform to begin with (Not sure that what I'm saying is correct )

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    I agree. There is no way they will pass up on the droid market.
    Android market share is 53% or so, I can't see any possible situation where they wouldn't port it. I think they just announced an Iport because it's the popular brand association.

I too am hoping for an android port.
    ...but in the meantime, I'll play the crap out of this on the PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw the cinematic, I immediately assumed it was a tablet game, I will stick to believing that it will come out for android tablets as well, maybe a bit later, sooo many casual players would be able to play it then. I think the whole game looks a bit silly but in a good way, something to play on your tablet while on a train/bored/waiting for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I think that the android port is the next logical step, iOS is probably or more common or more standard so a better platform to begin with (Not sure that what I'm saying is correct )
    It is due to a single device producer and similar specs that they can test it on and have less variables, as on Android there are so many different devices (which i think is a good thing) it usually is second for releases on things like this but its not long after.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Also hoping you will have the possibility to choose an opponent, like a brother or friend to play against.
    i now only see the option to play offline against AI or random player
    Last edited by mmocab9a454d87; 2013-03-22 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They are looking at adding support for additional platforms apparently. So I'd expect an Android version at some point
    Oh yeah most definitely, i know it'll be great on a tablet but i wonder how cramp it would be scaled to a phone but maybe a note 2 or s4 (5" screen) would doable.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I think that android is a tough sell given the fragmented marketplace in terms of device capability/OS versioning and the relative ease of device rooting (and what that means relative to jailbreaking an idevice) , which provides a major possible security issue with F2P and the real money infrastructure. Consider also that a huge portion of the android device market will not be close to powerful enough to play this. Android release would be great, but I can see some major rediscence on the part of Blizzard to open that can of worms given their general focus on quality and consistent gameplay.

edit: my comment on quality/consistent gameplay is neither ironic nor to be interpreted as brushing away a ton of the d3 launch, etc... more of a company ethos thing.

Wel, since the specifically mentioned iPad, they are most certainly trying to cater to less informed larger audience. Also, I would expect them to bring it to Android, the only mentioned iPad to make the investors happy. Also from stating they are making it for iPad it seems like the are going for the tablet market, so 7"+. So no smart phones =/.

Although if you root, you maybe able to get around that, when the time comes that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They are looking at adding support for additional platforms apparently. So I'd expect an Android version at some point
    Good. I can picture it now: boyfriend on his iPad, me on my Kindle, laying side-by-side in the bed with some inane show on the TV on the wall.

We'll never leave the house!

Deleted
    im happy its coming to ipad, my prediction was an IOS app, just didnt think it would be this :P

i think it will be on android eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by camphor View Post
    I think that android is a tough sell given the fragmented marketplace in terms of device capability/OS versioning and the relative ease of device rooting (and what that means relative to jailbreaking an idevice) , which provides a major possible security issue with F2P and the real money infrastructure. Consider also that a huge portion of the android device market will not be close to powerful enough to play this. Android release would be great, but I can see some major rediscence on the part of Blizzard to open that can of worms given their general focus on quality and consistent gameplay.

edit: my comment on quality/consistent gameplay is neither ironic nor to be interpreted as brushing away a ton of the d3 launch, etc... more of a company ethos thing.
    Honestly I dont think adroid fragmentation matters at this point. Neither does rooting. Most android games are almost always checking with a server to make sure no cheating is occurring. As they are targeting the tablet market, almost all android tablets should be able to run a game like this.(granted there are some cheapy tablets out there).
    I can only imagine what playing this game on the nexus 10 will be like.