Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    WOHO! Now I am even more happy I bought and iPAD!

As someone who runs a mobile software company for a living, the Android situation is not nearly as rosy as posters in this thread want to paint it, especially in tablets.

App usage and purchase in Android are vastly lower than in iOS, not just on our own apps but those of our competitors and pretty much every market study out there. Android users as a whole are a pain to support, because the hardware is all over the map -- often VERY cheaply made -- and the users go nuts when advanced 3D apps don't work flawlessly on low end devices.

Yes, yes, I know there are advanced and high powered Android decices out there, but the majority of that market is not using them. iOS just end up being much easier to support unless your app is some simple navigation or browsing that doesn't push the hardware.

I expect Blizzard will try to support this app on Android, but the complexity of Hearthstone will be much greater than the mobile armory.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    *snip*
    Got to love when the 'internet experts' come into a thread. If you honestly believe that Blizzard is going to ignore the platform with the highest market share I have to question just how valid your 'mobile software company' is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Got to love when the 'internet experts' come into a thread. If you honestly believe that Blizzard is going to ignore the platform with the highest market share I have to question just how valid your 'mobile software company' is.
    Oh, go right ahead. I don't personally care.
    Market share means jack shit if the return on investment isn't there. If Blizzard and any other company thinks that the effort of an Android port is justified, they'll do it. Companies don't make decisions like his because they're fans of a certain platform.
    Tons of apps are still iOS exclusive... not because writing APKs is harder or companies have a hardon for Apple, but because Android is a more fragmented platform and has lower app sales in spite of vastly more devices. Until that changes, Android will be treated as second priority. This data is everywhere. Hell, even Google's own metrics show that half of those devices are still running the more than two year old Gingerbread version.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Im sure just ipad due to screen size of the phones, the app will be optimized only for tablet.
    If I can play Infinity Blade in a phone, I can play this.

Pretty sure they're not just limiting it to iPads/tablets because of processing power. It's because the GUI has to be large enough that you can read the cards and see all the little animations. If they developed a version for phones, I could see them using a scaled down and more focused interface that's pretty much the cards themselves without all the bells and whistles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Android market share is 53% or so, I can't see any possible situation where they wouldn't port it. I think they just announced an Iport because it's the popular brand association.
    The Android phone market share may be 53%. The tablet market is not. This is not being released for the iPhone market, only the iPad tablets.

Development probably started on this product 1-2 years ago. Droid tablets weren't even relevant at that time as the good ones finally entered the market in the summer of 2012. I would expect development has started or will soon if the initial product takes off.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    If I can play Infinity Blade in a phone, I can play this.
    Whether you can doesn't matter. Blizzard is all about the user experience so if they feel it won't do the game justice on a small screen, they won't port it to phones. I'm sure there will be hacks to possibly make it work but it won't be supported.

Deleted
    I would not play this game on a computer... On a mobile device though I would buy it for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reavy View Post
    I would not play this game on a computer... On a mobile device though I would buy it for sure!
    No buying involved. Free to play game.

There's only the possibility of buying extra packs of cards to help speed your way to a more complete deck. Completely optional though, you get the same by playing the game.

Deleted
    love ipad !

Considering Android devices outsell iOS devices now they would be crazy not to go with both.

Deleted
    Lets just hope they'll support both platforms... I am currently using the Nexus 7 Tab and it tickles me everytime i use my GF'S ipad... such a slow pos...

This will perfectly align with the new nexus 7.7 that will be presented in mai and on sale in June or july.

Deleted
    Well, I will buy ipad just for this game anyway

Does anyone know a good and trustworthy (i.e. not craigslist) place to get a cheap used/refurbished iPad? They're all $300 and up on the apple store

Deleted
    I don't want to join the discussion about marketshare, but it's about tablet marketshare not smartphones.
    The problem with android tablets is that they are so fragmented in terms of processing power and graphic capabilities that its hard to maintain the "Blizzard Experience". I think it's also a screen size issue with dimishing borders between phones and tablets, for example when you layout and design a website there are things to consider like too small buttons and in this case too small text.
    Either way i'm very excited for it and only time will tell if they will go Android.

(I have the feeling they will, like Magic the Gathering added iPad Support last year and this year the Android Support. I can see Blizzard going the same way if they are serious with it. Xbox, PSN, Mac, iOS, PC, Android)

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously felt like commenting in this topic after a bunch of misinformed comments, also those who have a 'software company'.

First of all, if you wish to program in C/C++ for Android, you can. There is simply no meaningful performance gain over Java. The option is there, if you want to make use of existing libraries. For more info: http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

Secondly, the Android market isn't nearly as fragmented as you think. The iOS system has different kinds of resolutions and chipsets as well, granted just a couple. But if you would support just a couple of these chipsets on Android as well (generations from S2 to S4) and you cover a big portion of the market as well. In that way you also ensure that you target the right audience. You don't really target those who have a crappy tablet, so why do you 'support' it in the first place? It's just calling for 1-star ratings.

Seriously, the google play store allows you to setup filters for crying out loud. Meaning you can set criteria as to what kind of CPU/GPU/RAM you need or resolutions or even based on operating system. If you simply choose to support all, then you are just a greedy bastard in my opinion and you deserve your one star ratings. You simply failed to know what you were doing in the first place.

Also, how is rooting your phone any more difficult than jailbreaking an iPhone? The breached security is a pretty mood point if you ask me. You should also consider that those who JB their iOS product are getting access to a lot more cheats/hax/programs by using Cydia. Android users don't gain anything from rooting, they still need to look for those programs all over the web.

But anyways, the reason why most of this stuff gets only released for iOS is simply because it's so big in America. Shareholders pretty much demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    WOHO! Now I am even more happy I bought and iPAD!
    I guess, if you can look beyond the fact that you automatically overpay for it just because it says iPad.... lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ph4rmacy View Post
    The problem with android tablets is that they are so fragmented in terms of processing power and graphic capabilities that its hard to maintain the "Blizzard Experience".
    That is just the bullshit Apple wants people to believe because android tablets cost a baseline of around 25% less that ipads with equal capabilities. IPads are amazingly overpriced and apple has this whole "we are higher quality blah blah blah" campaign because they know sheople will buy into it.

Simple fact, Blizzard doesn't put this out for android as well as applecrap they are losing a huge chunk of possible profits.
    Last edited by MikeyC69; 2013-07-12 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC69 View Post
    I guess, if you can look beyond the fact that you automatically overpay for it just because it says iPad.... lol.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just the bullshit Apple wants people to believe because android tablets cost a baseline of around 25% less that ipads with equal capabilities. IPads are amazingly overpriced and apple has this whole "we are higher quality blah blah blah" campaign because they know sheople will buy into it.

Simple fact, is Blizzard doesn't put this out for android as well as applecrap they are losing a huge chunk of possible profits.
    What exactly is your problem with Apple and their business strategy. Seriously, "sheopple" ?. So I am a sheep because I bought an iPad tablet over an Android one ?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    What exactly is your problem with Apple and their business strategy. Seriously, "sheopple" ?. So I am a sheep because I bought an iPad tablet over an Android one ?
    Umm... yes.

Same specs, you pay more for apple than android simply because it's from apple. People can say the quality is better, but that simply isn't true, actually the quality on them are about equal. But if that trendy apple logo is enough for you to hand over an extra 200ish bucks well.... Yeah I dunno what to tell you.

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

As to my problem with Apple and their "marketing strategy" it is simply this. They lie, and people buy into it. Hey, if the sheople wanna just burn their money for a fancy logo then that is their decision. I will do research on products before I commit on any electronic purchases and Apple simply doesn't stand up to that scrutiny.

Edit: Oh and Sheople only has one p.
    Last edited by MikeyC69; 2013-07-12 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this Apple hate though. Even though I own an Android phone (Galaxy S4) I can understand why people would want to pay more for an iPhone or choose it over an Android, despite having outdated specifications.

Even though the user experience are more or less the same on both platforms, Apple does offer it's user a far better and higher quality app library. Also one which get's new apps on a frequent basis. Android (or any other platform) simply can not compete with the AppStore. iOS get's them first or exclusive, so I can see that as a good reason to choose an iPhone over an Android.

For me personally, I like the freedom more and having a better screen, removable battery, SD card, better multimedia etc so I would never go to iOS. But I can understand why some people do.