Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From what I've seen, everyone starts out with just one hero/deck to play with. So I think we're expected to play through Practice Mode to unlock the rest of the heroes while also getting new cards.
    Yep, as it stands now you seem to begin with the Mage deck and then play the AI to unlock the other ones in a tutorial setting.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    What they really should do is remake it, so you still have the class specific cards e.g. hunter or warlock cards, but instead of making the hero-ability tied to the type of cards (like Garrosh is the warrior with the ability Gain 2 Armor) they should tie the ability Gain 2 Armor to the "hero" Garrosh himself so in future expansions they could add new Warrior hero's like Varian or some other warrior in the game, and tie a new base hero ability to that "character" instead of the entire class.

So you could release a Sylvanas Windrunner hunter deck and you could use the previous "hunter" cards from the Rexxar deck to supplement the newly released sets of cards.

And since it's a card game it's not tied by time, so we could see new paladin cards with a young Arthas paladin hero theme set, to supplement the old Uther paladin cards.
    I like the idea of introducing new heroes with new abilities, but there's a limit to how much you can do without risking balance to the game, or simply copying abilities but changing names. As I'd personally prefer a well balanced game over one with more flavour I think the safest way is to just introduce new heroes and have them have the same gameplay, just different looks and emotes. Introducing new cards with them does not mean you can't simply make it their theme, even if the cards are not tied to them.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I like the idea of introducing new heroes with new abilities, but there's a limit to how much you can do without risking balance to the game, or simply copying abilities but changing names. As I'd personally prefer a well balanced game over one with more flavour I think the safest way is to just introduce new heroes and have them have the same gameplay, just different looks and emotes. Introducing new cards with them does not mean you can't simply make it their theme, even if the cards are not tied to them.
    I don't think providing a new hero ability would cause more balance issues then introducing new cards to the set, since the hero ability's currently works basically just like card's you can use each turn.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I don't think providing a new hero ability would cause more balance issues then introducing new cards to the set, since the hero ability's currently works basically just like card's you can use each turn.
    I personally view them like the racials in WoW. There's always going to be moaning about them, and balancing them right and getting new ones that don't break the game are increasingly difficult. It's only the class specific cards that would cause trouble, though I agree those are in much the same boat as the Hero abilities when it comes to balance.

Death Knight class....that is all (Darion Mograine!)

They should have replaced Anduin with Velen, Draenei ftw!. Still, like the idea of two heroes, one for each faction. Even if they had the same abilities, it would be pretty nice for the customization.

So, overall the biggest demands seems factional, people want to have a varian warrior instead of a Garrosh warrior...ect.

Mostly aesthetic flavor, I'm guessing they're more likely to release a death knight and monk one before doing the faction choice unless the demand is high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.