Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lack of TCG Loot within the game

Hi,

I didn't have the luxury of watching the entire stream, was anything mentioned about loot cards being added as a possibility? Would love to have a chance (albeit small) to win a spectral tiger or other loot for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    Hi,

I didn't have the luxury of watching the entire stream, was anything mentioned about loot cards being added as a possibility? Would love to have a chance (albeit small) to win a spectral tiger or other loot for WoW.
    Thats what i was thinking, it'd be awesome if they added tcg loot someway. Im sure there will be ways to get pets and other vanity items in WoW from this, either being ranking during events or what not.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't mention anything about it but I think it will be very likely that loot cards will be available.

Deleted
    I hope so, if not then Blizzard are missing a huge opportunity to get more people in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they cross implement loot cards then that's going to take away from the appeal of the paper TCG. I mean why on earth would you buy physical cards anymore if you can get the same thing by playing an online game FOR FREE. I don't see this happening.

This is a different game to the physical TCG, they don't have the same cards or rules

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If they cross implement loot cards then that's going to take away from the appeal of the paper TCG. I mean why on earth would you buy physical cards anymore if you can get the same thing by playing an online game FOR FREE. I don't see this happening.
    For the same reason that people still play snes instead of playing on an emulator

It's more likely that if they do start adding loot cards to HS, that they will be unique from the loot cards in the TCG.

I'm "fairly" certain, though, that many of the WoW TCG fanbase is not in it for the loot cards.

Different loot.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this has nothing to do with the physical TCG, I very much doubt you will get loot cards. Additionally, while the characters and names of the Warcraft Franchise are USED, this is an independent title.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Isn't that usually a case of "I don't know where to get an emulator"?

As to the question from the OP. I agree with xskarma. Unless Blizzard kills off the paper TCG, adding loot cards to this new digital TCG is going to hurt the paper sales.
    I'm sorry but...if you don't know how to get a snes emulator...I really don't know what to say. If it was like 1998 or maybe 2000 it'd be an acceptable excuse but...in 2013, with google and you don't know where you can get one? It's hard to believe.

As to the question from the OP. I agree with xskarma. Unless Blizzard kills off the paper TCG, adding loot cards to this new digital TCG is going to hurt the paper sales.
    I don't think so, if they keep unique loot and amazing mounts on physical tcg they will both flourish. Some food of thought the TCG did switch hands from UDE to Cryptonic and has some age on it, sales maybe running low and it might be time to kill it off for a more profitable digital model. Look at Fantasica or RoB on IOS and Android they have so many people addicted to this that they spend 2-3k trying to get amazing cards and they are top grossing apps.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Bad analogy.

"People still listen to vinyl records even though they have a flawless digital copy."

Some people like tangibles.

Additionally, Hearthstone is supposedly a simplified version of the WoW TCG.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thought too. If you can win cards by playing a free-to-play game, they're not going to add loot cards, when they can keep them in the original Warcraft TCG.

Well I think that's kind of the point, why in the hell make a SECOND card game when you already have one? Makes no damn sense... Do what MTG does, have your physical and online versions of the same card game same rules same everything.

Also"playing an online game FOR FREE": You just KNOW its going to be like LoN, you can get a few cards for free but they have no chance of being anything other than crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    My thought too. If you can win cards by playing a free-to-play game, they're not going to add loot cards, when they can keep them in the original Warcraft TCG.
    Loot cards only available from purchasing the booster pack. problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sexfacejonny View Post
    Loot cards only available from purchasing the booster pack. problem solved.
    Still only a dollar, over whatever regular boosters cost.

I never get ino emulators i allways use my origonal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a different problem is that the appeal of TCG loot is partly that you can trade it in WoW. If they introduced a way to trade loot from this new Free to Play game then you'd create a cross game worth of certain cards. You'd possibly be able to make gold in WoW by playing this game. I don't think Blizz will open that can of worms. There's just no need for it. HS will have it's own audience and appeal, and doesn't need to have that kind of direct connection to WoW, or the interest of goldsellers and account hackers to it cause they introduced loot cards.

Not gonna lie, I'd still play M:TG paper cards version (I don't play at all, not with online or anything), if I had a) the time and b) friends to play with like we did in High School every lunch time (It was huge in my school, I miss those days =[ and my blue/black deck).

I remember I had a deck built around those robot like guys in blue that would stack +1/+1 on each other when they died, so you could build up super guys, also there was engineer guys that you could play and they could tap for 2 mana, which was ridiculous amounts if you got them in your first draw.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.