Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Do you Question Things?

I question everything. It is fundamentally a part of who I am as a person. When I say I question everything I mean it. I question politics, I question military, I question relationships, I question religion, I question existence, I question social norms, I question that fact that 1+1=2, I even question I question why I should question things in the first place.

I do not think it makes me smart. I just know that I take nothing for face value from anyone: my parents, my friends, my colleagues, my boss, none are immune. Questioning everything is a practice that has brought much pain as well as much joy. To not question things would not be me.

How deep do you question things?

EDIT: Literally, if you told me the world is round, I would probably ask you why. And simply saying "because it is" or "because we can see it" is not a good enough answer for me. Our perceptions are fallible, and thus we can only depend on them to a certain degree of accuracy.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-03-26 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on what it is. Some things I question a lot.

You seem to go along with more things than you question, based on your thread history. You're a pretty normal schoolboy type teenager honestly.

I question things more than I should out of work hours. In work hours I'm more "How can I work with this" than "why should I do this" or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I question everything. It is fundamentally a part of who I am as a person. When I say I question everything I mean it. I question politics, I question military, I question relationships, I question religion, I question existence, I question social norms, I question that fact that 1+1=2, I even question I question why I should question things in the first place.

I do not think it makes me smart. I just know that I take nothing for face value from anyone: my parents, my friends, my colleagues, my boss, none are immune. Questioning everything is a practice that has brought much pain as well as much joy. To not question things would not be me.

How deep do you question things?
    Stop making bullshit threads contradicting yourself.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-really-bliss

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, it all depends. I do question most things, but when I've decided that a person or source seems reasonably credible, I'll often take what they say to be either true or to be a reasonable explanation. When school teaches me that F = ma, I generally believe it to be true because I know it has been experimentally verified by countless physicists, for example.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post

Hah, nice catch, Rich.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I posed a question and I came up with my own solution and stuck by it.

Deleted

*Looks at OPs name* *looks at thread* Not suprised, Sandmoth, the Saladrin of Gen OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    *Looks at OPs name* *looks at thread* Not suprised, Sandmoth, the Saladrin of Gen OT.
    Who is Saladrin?

Almost didn't recognize you without your Hercules avatar. Trap avoided!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I posed a question and I came up with my own solution and stuck by it.
    In one thread you say that you believe Ignorance is bliss, in this thread you say you question everything. You can't believe in both, you can't question everything and remain ignorant, so you're contradicting yourself.

Deleted
    Who is Saladrin?
    Some guy who hates Orcs, bitches about his life and uses it as an excuse for coming up with inane horseshit threads.

Not you entirely, you're more egotistical who loves to give himself a pat on the back over the smallest thing, but you both still create inane horseshit threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Some guy who hates Orcs, bitches about his life and uses it as an excuse for coming up with inane horseshit threads.

Not you entirely, you're more egotistical who loves to give himself a pat on the back over the smallest thing, but you both still create inane horseshit threads.
    Pretty spot on. In defense of Saladrin I think he just gets a bit lost discerning RP from reality. A bit of a cause for concern but as long as he doesn't feel like anyone irl is an orc...
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I knew this was sandmoth. We really need to get some mods to bend the rules, because it's more than obvious when a guy needs to be dealt with even if he's not technically breaking the rules...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I knew this was sandmoth. We really need to get some mods to bend the rules, because it's more than obvious when a guy needs to be dealt with even if he's not technically breaking the rules...
    I think most of us know what to expect when we see the exclamation mark by now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I question things? Why wouldn't I?
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    In one thread you say that you believe Ignorance is bliss, in this thread you say you question everything. You can't believe in both, you can't question everything and remain ignorant, so you're contradicting yourself.
    They are both true. Questioning is everything. Questioning is a major part of why we are human, and why we figure things out. We are driven to question things and solve them unlike any other species; conversely, ignorance really is bliss. The moment that you begin to question stuff is the moment you start to figure things out, and that is the moment when the magic of the world starts to die. Ignorance is that blissful magic.

This is why I posed the question in the thread "is it better to be ignorant and blissful or question stuff?"

The only thing you are right about is that you can't question things and remain ignorant to them at the same time.

Deleted
    Yes, all the time. Like why did you chose to capitalize every word in the thread title? :/

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Did I do something wrong? You don't have to view my threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I question why you keep making stupid threads, so yeah, I question things.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve
    Hah, nice catch, Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Yes, all the time. Like why did you chose to capitalize every word in the thread title? :/
    Because grammatically, in MLA format, you are supposed to capitalize in the title.