Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really like this. GJ blizzard.

Heroic thunderforged upgraded weapons are going to be more legendary than any legendary ever was. In Asia it will get even more ridiculous with the increased ilvl of 25m gear.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2013-03-22 at 06:42 PM.

549 will be the max item level. Heroic thunderforged upgraded. Hope I have 2 weapons of that level, but will be rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that there are no upgrades for PvP anymore. One less thing to spend points on!

Deleted
    When is 5.3 being implemented though? Cos it needs to be done asap before people replace the season 12 gear with season 13

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    It's like people can't do basic math on how to add up to 1000 or something or they just want any excuse to toss out the empty "Oh [insert random feature] sucks I'm quitting" platitudes.

5.0 LFR == 450 VP for all 5 sections. 5.2 LFR == 180 VP for the two available sections. And that's assuming you don't re-run any section for an extra 45 VP per.

So, just doing LFR alone and nothing else, that is 630/1000 towards weekly cap from LFR alone. That doesn't even include the VP you get from running normal/heroic bosses. You can cap your 1000 doing only raid content.

In other words, no one is forcing your to run dailies/5 mans.
    funny, the same math-impaired people who complained about ´mandatory dailies´ in 5.0 are back complaining about mandatory dailies now. You have to really be bad at math if you think dailies even come close to being ´mandatory´ in order to cap VP every week, especially since he said ´to be a competitive raider´..

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 07:53 PM ----------

If 5.0->5.1 is any indication, 5.3 will come ~2 months after 5.2 went live.
    Yep, the next patch ´should´be coming 2 months after 5.2 they even hinted that it was on schedule last week when one of the devs said it would be here sooner than anyone is expecting. But to be fair. patch 5.3 is not going to have a raid, and will not have heroic dungeons.. which leaves basically scenarios and daily quests as the meat..

5.2 Justice items now require 750 Justice to upgrade per 8 item levels, for a total of 750 Justice for 8 item levels per item.

What are 5.2 Justice items? There havent been any new Justice Point bough items since those item level 458 ones from 5.0 have there?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyulan View Post
    5.2 Justice items now require 750 Justice to upgrade per 8 item levels, for a total of 750 Justice for 8 item levels per item.

What are 5.2 Justice items? There havent been any new Justice Point bough items since those item level 458 ones from 5.0 have there?
    It was oddly worded, but you use JP to upgrade 463's from 5-mans. So basically 1/2 the amount of JP from 5.1 to upgrade a blue piece, 1/3 the amount of VP from 5.1 to upgrade an epic piece.

Probably won't mean much to your main if they are well geared, but might matter a bit for alts you just dinged and are gearing.

Why they turned it off for JP doesn't make much sense. They said they shut it down so ppl don't feel the need to valor grind non stop during current content. That in no way impacts JP though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

And heroic raiders get back to doing 5mans and lfr. Fantastic.

why not just giving us the opportunity to grade up gear slots? Irrespective wich gear item is equiped atm ...

For instance ... you can upgrade you head slot for 8 levels. Each upgrade costs 200 valor points. And it doesn't matter wich head item is equiped. A soon one replaces his current head with another one, this new head gets the available upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    Guess this is better but they still need to give HC raiders more valor, having to run daliy dungeons when you are farming everything on HC just to get fully upgraded is so stupid.
    The biggest problem with that is at least to some degree fights or specs will be balanced around having fully upgraded gear. Many ppl will say you don't or shouldn't have to upgrade you stuff and in the past that would have been true. As the game moves forward and we have access to this new tool the game patches, nerfs and buffs will be done with the gear upgrading in mind.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    This notion is just so much bullshit yet it gets trotted out far too often.

If people managed to eek their way through heroic ToT for the full duration of 5.2 (~2 months or so), then they have already proven they don't need to upgrade their shit.

Moreover, but the cost is fully one third of the cost from 5.1, so just the VP they already get from clearing their heroic raid would suffice to upgrade at least one piece a week.

In other words, if heroic raiders are too good to mingle with the unwashed masses, they don't have to, so the persecuted act doesn't work.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    Guess this is better but they still need to give HC raiders more valor, having to run daliy dungeons when you are farming everything on HC just to get fully upgraded is so stupid.
    Heroic raiders farming everything on HC don't need to upgrade anything because they are already farming everything.

But, hey, don't let that stop anyone from putting themselves up on some kind of imaginary cross and pretending they are suffering undo hardships.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-03-22 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacce View Post
    Meh, never liked it because it makes me feel like I have to cap valor every week but at least they reduced it to 250 points/4 ilvls as opposed to the 750 it used to be so it won't be that big of a pain in the ass.

Definitely a move to the right direction.

Btw looks like they removed the official post about it, it gives a 404 error atm.
    Nope the site is working. Just went there.

This system should not have been removed but it did need some tweaks. No one is forcing you to cap valor. You do not "have" to do this. Is it good for you and your guild? Yes.... but do you 'have" to do it? No... you will get enough valor to upgrade without "having" to max every week...

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    No, you do not "have" to do anything. You should get more then enough valor per week to upgrade your gear. You can only earn 1000/week and it costs 750. So sure you can have 250 left over each week but no one is forcing you to do 5 mans or lfr. Any serious raider though will not look at this as a chore. All you need to do is get a few guildies, jump in an LFR, and you are pretty much done. You make it seem like it is going to be the end of your life having to maybe run 1 silly LFR a week.

When I use to raid I was running every LFR, and raiding heroics on my main and 2 alts. During Cata my DK and Pally both had full heroic tank gear. I also ran both 10 man and 25 man during WotLK on a main and an alt. If raiding is a chore for you to log in and do a little extra a week, then I do not see how you are raiding heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnz View Post
    No, you do not "have" to do anything. You should get more then enough valor per week to upgrade your gear. You can only earn 1000/week and it costs 750. So sure you can have 250 left over each week but no one is forcing you to do 5 mans or lfr. Any serious raider though will not look at this as a chore. All you need to do is get a few guildies, jump in an LFR, and you are pretty much done. You make it seem like it is going to be the end of your life having to maybe run 1 silly LFR a week.
    It only costs 500 VP to fully upgrade an epic. The 750 is only for JP upgrades (463's from 5-mans). If you cap your 1000 per week, you can upgrade two epics a week. If you do a full clear of your normal/heroic raid for the week and nothing more, you can basically upgrade 1 piece per week, but then if you're getting more than 1 drop upgrade a week that you feel you need to upgrade, shit, you're already greatly surpassed the meager 8 iLvL the 500VP would have even given you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    So in other words you can funny upgrade 2 items a week. nice.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 12:33 PM ----------

Yes you do, turn it into Cata mats and sell on the AH.
    who would waste honor on mats for a previous expansion, getting honor is a grind and all those cataclysm mats for honor are pathetically low price on AH, not worth wasting your money on best thing you can do with honor is maybe buy a transmog pvp set from honor vendors in dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It’s also good that Valor always has a use; it’s a currency we always want to be valuable regardless of where you are in progression.
    But.. WHY?!

I thought the whole goddamn point of the MoP Valor revamp was to keep that crap OUT of the main progression for raiders.
    VP should be for days when RNG totally hates you and not mandatory farming "content" to stay competitive.

I'm a raider. I raid. I don't want a stupid currency I have to cap.
    Well, at least I can enjoy the silence in 5.2, since VP Items are utter crap for shadow priests. Take you time 5.3... take all the time you need.

Deleted
    PLEASE only make non-Thunderforge Heroic Items upgradeable and of course only by 6 instead of 8 ilvls.
    Also give 25man players something they can use their VPs on... maybe BoE Items that can be sold after upgrading or something like that.

It was oddly worded, but you use JP to upgrade 463's from 5-mans. So basically 1/2 the amount of JP from 5.1 to upgrade a blue piece, 1/3 the amount of VP from 5.1 to upgrade an epic piece.

Probably won't mean much to your main if they are well geared, but might matter a bit for alts you just dinged and are gearing.
    Yeah, although trading JP for HP and getting PvP gear might still be a better return, given how random dungeon gear can be.

Edit: I am happy Upgrades will be returning. For people like me who only do LFR, Shado-Pan Assault gear is BiS and my main should have it all by then. It will give me something to burn VP on.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-03-22 at 10:25 PM.

item upgrade > wow online tcg

So... Upgrades were removed because people had to make difficult decisions?! Oh the humanity!