Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also said in a recent post that I plan to update the profile in 5.4 - stay tuned

Will you be updating your profile for 5.4?

I have some updated strings for SoO and 5.4 but they won't be fully updated until I get trinkets worked into the mix. It's the same layout Akraen is using.

Frost Bomb tracking? Do I have to use 2 separate Icons? Or is there a way to track the debuff and then have it show the cooldown after it goes off to know when to recast in the same icon frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I also said in a recent post that I plan to update the profile in 5.4 - stay tuned
    (One post later)
    Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    Will you be updating your profile for 5.4?
    :F

If you don't want to wait on Akraen, you can also fool around with it yourself. I lived through NeedToKnow (which is a LOT more complex for WAY less output) and I can say TMW is incredibly easy for beginners to learn. If something specific doesn't work, you can always ask a question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Frost Bomb tracking? Do I have to use 2 separate Icons? Or is there a way to track the debuff and then have it show the cooldown after it goes off to know when to recast in the same icon frame?
    I tried to mess with Proc and Cooldown on Immerseus Trinket, and rather than doing some complex thing with it, I ended up making two icons (in two separate groups), overlapping them, and putting the Cooldown on in the back with a lighter opacity. You can do the same with Frost Bomb (or any spell for that matter) and I'll help if you need it, but I'm sure that there's SOME way to have one icon do Proc/Duration and Cooldown simultaneously; just haven't figured it out yet.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Oh wow didn't think of that polar. I'm so used to having stuff sectioned into specific purpose groups. Thanks! I think I will change one icon texture between them to maybe help with the differentiation too.

I tried the bomb on Malkorok, and it was awkward after so long. I'm hoping setting up a decent notification will help. I have such good muscle memory and peripheral response to my absent NT/LB, but FB seems to take away more of my attention.

Hey -- could you possibly squeeze in Frozen Orb into that?
    Looks great though!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If you don't want to wait on Akraen, you can also fool around with it yourself. I lived through NeedToKnow (which is a LOT more complex for WAY less output) and I can say TMW is incredibly easy for beginners to learn. If something specific doesn't work, you can always ask a question.

I make extensive use of Weak Auras, after using Power Auras Classic for years. Is there any compelling reason why TMW would be a better notification system? From what I can tell they seem very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Oh wow didn't think of that polar. I'm so used to having stuff sectioned into specific purpose groups. Thanks! I think I will change one icon texture between them to maybe help with the differentiation too.

I tried the bomb on Malkorok, and it was awkward after so long. I'm hoping setting up a decent notification will help. I have such good muscle memory and peripheral response to my absent NT/LB, but FB seems to take away more of my attention.
    FB takes more attention due to requiring more globals than 1 in ~9-12, it requires a global every... well, anywhere from ~4-8 seconds, plus it has a lower duration as well, so it's always on your mind. I never use it unless it's for dungeons/scenarios (and even then, I'm too lazy to bother with it)

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Hey -- could you possibly squeeze in Frozen Orb into that?
    Looks great though!
    Just add it. It's not that hard.

Or look at the cooldown. When it says "50" (or less), it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebla View Post
    I make extensive use of Weak Auras, after using Power Auras Classic for years. Is there any compelling reason why TMW would be a better notification system? From what I can tell they seem very similar.
    I mean, do what works for you. I was using NTK and it was simply harder to configure (and once configured, was locked and required a more annoying process to move it) and wasn't as good. If PA or WA works for you, then use that. I personally am not a big fan of PA/WA.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebla View Post
    Just use whatever works for you. TMW is incredibly simple to configure yet very powerful. However the same applies to WeakAuras. If your WA does what you need it to do while remaining easy to amend whenever the situation changes then there is no reason to switch.

I personally use TMW, but for what it's worth: I might as well have used WA. I've used NTK in the past but I felt kind of limited when using it so I decided to ditch it.

Does anybody have a TMW setup for Heating Up?

Right now, I have it set to show if 2 conditions are met, 1) when IB is off CD, and 2) when Pyroblast! is not already active.

I like it how it is; however, the only problem is it's still going off as soon as the conditions are met, even though I'm mid fireball cast (assuming it doesn't crit, I'd be losing the heating up! proc after this cast goes through there-by wasting my IB upon use) ... my question here is: is there a way to get it to just not show if the conditions aren't immediately met so I don't accidentaly mash IB and waste it?!

I can clarify if need be...

Kaoskreator#1275 is my btag.

Did you really just post in a year old frost tmw thread to aska question about Fire TMW..
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Yes because there's no Fire TMW thread, as far as I'm aware, and it's still partially relevant?

....also, it was the result of a google search, I didn't exactly check the OP date before posting. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskreator View Post
    Yes because there's no Fire TMW thread, as far as I'm aware, and it's still partially relevant?

....also, it was the result of a google search, I didn't exactly check the OP date before posting. :/
    A post in the fire guide would've done the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see my UI is immortalized.

I use the same one, just obviously Devo Aura is f'in huge now thanks to Thok, and the trinkets are updated. But yeah basically the same.

Shadowmage, if you're out there somewhere, or if anyone knows him, he's gotta know how much I appreciate his work. He's incredibly talented with UI design and needs to get it hosted on his own site with a PayPal button so I can give him some thanks.