Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Holy] So I was fooling around with Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

My testing was limited to LFR, but Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon seems to have up to 50% uptime potential. Here is the pudding:

Tortos, 49% uptime: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ua...?s=2235&e=2701
    Megaera, 44% uptime: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ua...?s=3608&e=4225

In my crap gear (holy is my second spec) The difference between normal and in-combat regen is 6k mp5. So this translates to between 2,6k and 3k mp5 gain. Your mileage may vary.

Comparing this to, say, the valor trinket, which has 828 mp5. We gain between 1,7k and 2,2k regen and lose 1467 int.

Admittedly this is where it gets murky, because I cannot dig up the values for how this regen translates into spirit, so we could compare int to spirit which would be more intuitive. However I have a hunch Blue Dragon could be quite powerful.

Edit: If a random wowhead comment is to be trusted, 967 spirit equals to 545,8 mp5. Which translates to 1 mp5 is worth 1,77 spirit. If this is true, Blue Dragon (in those two cases) is a gain of 3009 and 3894 spirit compared to the valor one.

Do note this may vary with your class, healing style, raid size and especially your regen-combat regen delta.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2013-03-23 at 12:10 PM.

Very interesting. At the very least, you've sparked my curiosity and I'm going to see if I can get my hands on one of these this weekend to play with.

I am curious as to how this trinket's power changes in light of the fixed-mana-pool model of Mists. In the past, intellect was a valuable regen stat as well as a power stat, since it increased mana pools, and in cases like resto druids and holy paladins, gave more regen by virtue of the way innervate and divine plea functioned. Now that regen and healing power are more clearly seperated, and mana pools are fixed, a trinket that gives pure regen in this way seems more valuable.

I was messing around with this - it seems like it holds some water with netting you lots of MP5, if it procs. I proced it once over the course of 4 minutes.... Does being in combat affect the proc chance? Also, does this have an internal CD or is it strictly based off of 2% each cast.

It might be along the same lines as the "supposedly" fixed spirits of the sun and relic of chi ji which are not supposed to proc outside of combat. That said, I've definitely still seen both doing that, although less frequently.

Based on Pinkcrusader's 2 logs, it does not appear to have an ICD as there are multiple occasions of the trinket procing before the effect has even worn off and simply refreshing the duration. The lack of an ICD does make some sense giving the low proc chance. Most ICD trinkets run a proc chance of 20%+ to ensure they aren't too prone to streaks of bad luck.

I tried this in combat and still was seeing around an every 4minute proc. Letting a mob beat on me, tried just casts (maybe coded weird from vanilla to not trigger instants as casts) and back to back rejuvs for high casts per minute. I can't seem to get this thing to proc enough to make the buff worth it over the course of a fight. Even if this proced once a minute it would net a 25% uptime. It seems in his 49% uptime it was procing every 18-30ish seconds, which im deff not seeing.

Deleted
    Tygera, if you are interested and have the time I would recommend to try it in a raid scenario (LFR probably, except if you'd like experiment on your own raid team ) and see if you get a higher uptime. If low proc rate persists the logical conclusion would be class discrepancies ( I suspect Holy Radiance, but am not sure...).

Edit: if needed I will supply more logs. Probably not until next Wednesday though.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2013-03-22 at 08:09 PM.

Did any of you actually check that your MP5 on your character sheet changed when the trinket procced? The trinket says 100% of mana return while casting not while in combat. They removed the old mechanic of decreasing your MP5 after having cast a spell in combat so it doesn't matter what you're doing while in combat, your MP5 is still the same. Before, your MP5 changed while in combat and decreased further after having cast a spell. This is why people used to sit in combat and not cast for periods of downtime to regen more mana than if they were constantly casting. Since the casting only count when you set it off, this is also one of the reasons why cast-canceling died out.

Deleted
    Yup, when the trinket procs combat regen matches mana regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting, ill see if my AH has one on my server, im not having very much mana problems but this would be an interesting option for fights where we are pressed for mana due to burst healing

Yes, when it was procing it would bounce my incombat mana regen by like 6430 - matching my OOC regen.

Pinkcrusader - I'll test it in a raid senario. If you rotate through your abilities somewhere in combat out side of a raid, is it procing for you? Try not using holy radiance, or just using holy light spam. See if you get any difference results.

Deleted
    While fighting a goat I managed to proc it with Divine Light, and alternating between Holy Shock and Eternal Glory (not sure if ticks proc it). My patience ran out before I managed a proc with Holy Radiance. From my raid testing though, I'm pretty sure HR procs it too.

Anyway, the trinket took ages to trigger, so we're looking at something raid-specific which ups the proc rate. Probably Eternal Glory or Holy Radiance.

It must be something with holy paladins. My highest was 20% on tortos, 19% on magera - that for me doesn't make it worth losing 1400 int + secondary trinket effect.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...19/?enc=bosses

OR It was suddenly stealth nerfed after you saw great success. I'd be interested in you trying again in LFR, just to confirm. Who knows.

Deleted
    Will do. Probably all 9 bosses in LFR next Wednesday. Would be nice to gauge uptime per boss. If it passes the test I will officially use the trinket in normal raiding. 3k-4k spirit equivalent seems huge. Will only get better with more spirit.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2013-03-23 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygera View Post
    It must be something with holy paladins. My highest was 20% on tortos, 19% on magera - that for me doesn't make it worth losing 1400 int + secondary trinket effect.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...19/?enc=bosses

OR It was suddenly stealth nerfed after you saw great success. I'd be interested in you trying again in LFR, just to confirm. Who knows.
    If eternal flame ticks and beacon heals cause the proc then it makes sense pallies could get this proccing left and right, although it says "on successful spellcast" so that wouldn't really make sense to me, but you never kno.

Mmmm I wouldn't get too comfortable blizzard has typically taken the stance of not allowing item from previous expansions to remain viable, I can see this getting hotfix nerfed even if it isn't a big gain.

I would do some testing on this trinket if my damn server had one.

Deleted
    " Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon now has a reduced chance to activate its effect for characters that are level 61-69 and its effect no longer activates for characters above level 69."

Well, there it goes. Was OP until it lasted. Basically increased the networth of your spirit by 50%+

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    " Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon now has a reduced chance to activate its effect for characters that are level 61-69 and its effect no longer activates for characters above level 69."

Well, there it goes. Was OP until it lasted. Basically increased the networth of your spirit by 50%+
    that's an upcoming change in 5.3, not a hotfix right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    that's an upcoming change in 5.3, not a hotfix right?
    It's a hotfix.

It was really insane if you played accordingly... I managed to keep around 80% uptime on some fights which netted me close to 10k spirit (synergized extremely well with Relic of Chi-Ji).

I have to relearn how to heal now!!!