Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about LeiShen's ability: Static Shock

So we know that we need to stack up for that and some class can solo soak it.
    However, during our attempt last night something weird happened and I am still confused about what happened.
    Static Shock does 1000k dmg to every one that's stacked according to journal, yet during this attempt we had 5 people stacked up for Static Shock. However, the static shock did 450k dmg to me( the mage) ,430k dmg to monk and 485k dmg to shaman. We had 5 people stacked up and the other two were hunters and I believe one of them popped deterrence.

Is the journal wrong about 1000k dmg or we did something wrong because the overall dmg to us was more than 1000k. Help plz.
    I can't post the link to log, but if you need it I can pm it to you.

When you power up the Static Shock pillar, it increases its damage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boss levels them up between the phases, so even if you didn't touch the pillar at all, it will still do increased damage.

Deleted
    actually i think this spell seems broken. At least compered to the other 3 pillars. What we did was to have everyone in raid solo soak it. Our warrior could even solo soak it with shield wall, die by the sword, rally cry +( priest shield). If there every is a problem that someone gets it twice thus cant solo saok it, make sure to call out on your teamspeak so ALL can stack asap.

Rogue = cloak ( will be up for second transition)
    paladin= bubble (with unbreakable spirit CD will be up at second transition phase aswell)
    mage = iceblock (coldsnap to have it for both transitions)
    warrior = read above.
    druid = symbiosis on mage if resto, symbiosis on rogue if oomkin.
    warlock = dark bargain, followed by glyphed Healthstone + unending resolve
    Shadowpriest = disperse
    disc priest = i dunno? pain sup + shield + barrier? (not sure)
    hunteR= deterence
    Shaman = problem dunno..we had none :/
    DK = ams/ibf

So - hope for some RNG, incase shit happens stack up

If you have to stack up then -
    What we noticed here was, DONT use any cooldowns. Only pop absrobs. No damage reducation. It seems (just a guess from what i noticed at our 30 wipes) that if someone takes damage reducation the damage will just go to someone else whos stacking with him.

Assuming you're doing 25-man, just try to phase it before you reach static shock (go to it last) in phase 1 so it's at 0 energy going into the first transition. It will do exactly 2 million damage (transitions level up each conduit) and you should have 6 people on quadrant which is very survivable.

If you have static shock at high energy or try to disable it first you end up with shocks doing 2.9 million damage which can destroy your groups without good healer cooldowns.

We got it down a few days ago and we're a pretty average guild so maybe our video will help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxAX6WTeVkk We went with disabling bouncing bolt first.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-03-22 at 07:22 PM.

Thank you, that was very helpful.
    But I am not sure you can have 0 energy on that static shock conduit. Are you saying that we could nuke him down to 65% before he reaches the last conduit which is the static shock one? I don't think my raid have that kind of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaozhi40 View Post
    Thank you, that was very helpful.
    But I am not sure you can have 0 energy on that static shock conduit. Are you saying that we could nuke him down to 65% before he reaches the last conduit which is the static shock one? I don't think my raid have that kind of dps.
    It's not all about DPS. It's pretty easy to pull the boss away from the pillars for a few seconds, heal through the AOE for a bit, and drag him back in on the other corners. As long as you don't have him cast thunderstruck while he's away from the pillar, it's not very much damage, and it gives you more time than you'd think.

On 10 man, static shock was/may still be bugged. First transition, even without leveling up the pillar was still almost one shotting two people stacked up. The bug was even reported on the wow forums. Luckily for us we have a lot of people with personals that trivialized it and it took us just under a night to kill it. They even nerfed it as far as the last hotfix notes go.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's 800k divided between two people. How is "almost one shotting" a bug in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's 800k divided between two people. How is "almost one shotting" a bug in that case?
    Because most people only have 450k hp. So pretty much if they took any damage before hand they would would die. The best example of this is getting a quadrant that has to soak two balls while a person has static shock on them. Almost for sure that static shock is going to be soaked only by two people not three. Thus meaning that a person just had to soak a ball and then get in for static shock.

The hardest part about this fight is dealing with the phase between the phases. We had several wipes just because of people stacking for static shock then hit by a diffusion chain. Or two balls in the same quadrant with one in the top and the other on the bottom while a person has static shock on them. Overall I feel this is mostly a 10m issue as two of your quadrants are going to have 2 people in them.

The hardest part about this fight is dealing with the phase between the phases. We had several wipes just because of people stacking for static shock then hit by a diffusion chain. Or two balls in the same quadrant with one in the top and the other on the bottom while a person has static shock on them. Overall I feel this is mostly a 10m issue as two of your quadrants are going to have 2 people in them.
    1: Static Shock and Diffusion Chain have a pretty large time between them, so you should have plenty of time to spread out after.
    2: Have your tanks solo a quadrant each, and surprise, you have 4 people in every quadrant that has to deal with static shock. Obv. only for the first transition, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Because most people only have 450k hp. So pretty much if they took any damage before hand they would would die. The best example of this is getting a quadrant that has to soak two balls while a person has static shock on them. Almost for sure that static shock is going to be soaked only by two people not three. Thus meaning that a person just had to soak a ball and then get in for static shock.

We found it basically a non-issue in 10 because one platform of 2 can be the tanks who never get targetted and the other can be people with immunities and strong defensive cooldowns. It was a nightmare on 25 though with 6 people trying to spread out with diffusion chain but spreading too far and hitting the other groups with overcharge, plus with 6 people on the quadrant you needed all six to make it in to stack for static shock or five people were dead. We got Lei Shen in 4 tries on 10-man but took 23 tries on 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    2: Have your tanks solo a quadrant each, and surprise, you have 4 people in every quadrant that has to deal with static shock. Obv. only for the first transition, but still.
    Wait, how that that even work when that quadrant get's hit by two bouncing balls or do you just have the tank pick up the add?

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Wait, how that that even work when that quadrant get's hit by two bouncing balls or do you just have the tank pick up the add?
    Yeah, pretty much. About a 50-50 shot of getting two, and sometimes they're close enough to soak together.
    We had Bear+DK, we could easily survive any adds that spawned (as well as taking the diffusion chain adds away from the other groups). If tanks are less self-reliant, they should probably not grab the diffusion adds, or they should run to healers in between bouncing bolts.

The trick is realizing the adds aren't that threatening if they're on tanks. The only real risk is if the groups without a tank fail to soak them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Again, how is this a bug? One of those people can be a tank, the other is someone with damage reductions/immunities. You just dealt with "bug" with minimal effort. And that's even ignoring the fact that it's much easier to get 2 people to group up when compared to 6. 5 x Bouncing Bolts into Static Shock is annoying.

Also, 522 items hugely increase your stamina, so you should be closer to 500k than 450. Lei Shen is 12th boss, so you should have quite a bit of those already.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Again, how is this a bug? One of those people can be a tank, the other is someone with damage reductions/immunities. You just dealt with "bug" with minimal effort. And that's even ignoring the fact that it's much easier to get 2 people to group up when compared to 6. 5 x Bouncing Bolts into Static Shock is annoying.

Also, 522 items hugely increase your stamina, so you should be closer to 500k than 450. Lei Shen is 12th boss, so you should have quite a bit of those already.
    Its 10m, raiders will have 0-3 522 items (mostly from valor), sitting at about 510 average ilvl.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its 10m, raiders will have 0-3 522 items (mostly from valor), sitting at about 510 average ilvl.
    It still doesn't make this a bug... A bug would be pillar levelling only in 10 man and not in 25 - or something like that. Not merely doing a lot of damage. That's the very point of this ability.

it's definitly doing 25man damage on 10man (so 1 million damage split where it should be 400k??iirc or 800k) so two people who are assigned to a corner should be a pally/mage or someone with huge personal cd spriest for example
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    it's definitly doing 25man damage on 10man (so 1 million damage split where it should be 400k??iirc or 800k) so two people who are assigned to a corner should be a pally/mage or someone with huge personal cd spriest for example
    Uh, no? It should be 400k + another 400k due to levelup, so 800k. Which is exactly what's happening. 25 man damage is 2 mln (or more, if you charged the pillar) on first transition. I mean, I get that people love all that 10 vs 25 crap, but wow. Let's not twist the facts here.

Hell, according to this, you should be able to 3 man soak shocks in 25 man without any issues. Go try it and tell me how it goes.