Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    it's definitly doing 25man damage on 10man (so 1 million damage split where it should be 400k??iirc or 800k) so two people who are assigned to a corner should be a pally/mage or someone with huge personal cd spriest for example
    It's doing the supposed damage.

It's doing 4k * Energy damage, where a full level counts as 100 Energy. Note they all start at level 1 so it's doing 4k * 100 = 400k damage right of the bat.
    Pushing it to 60 energy in P1 makes it do 4k * 160 = 640k, going into P2 pushes it to 60 energy on level 2 (which is equal to 260) and makes it hit for 260 * 4k = 1.04M.

So, the least damage you can have is a level 2 static shock conduit with 0 energy resulting in a total of 200 energy (2*100 from the levels) which does 800k during the intermission.

Edit: This is for 10-man normal mode. Replace 4k with:
    - 5.2k for 10-man heroic
    - 6.5k for LFR
    - 10k for 25-man normal
    - 13k for 25-man heroic
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-03-23 at 11:05 PM.

Like I said, even with a pillar NOT leveled up, it should be doing 400k damage. Split between two people, that should not even come close to one shotting someone at full health. Again, like I said it was posted on the bug forums. Even providing logs as well. They even had a blue post saying they nerfed it down a little bit. We didn't have a problem with it, but, if you don't have the greatest raid make up it could still take a few people out which it shouldn't if stacked properly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodawinfrey View Post
    Like I said, even with a pillar NOT leveled up, it should be doing 400k damage. Split between two people, that should not even come close to one shotting someone at full health. Again, like I said it was posted on the bug forums. Even providing logs as well. They even had a blue post saying they nerfed it down a little bit. We didn't have a problem with it, but, if you don't have the greatest raid make up it could still take a few people out which it shouldn't if stacked properly.
    It *always* levels during transition... read the journal?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It *always* levels during transition... read the journal?
    shouldnt be doing 1million damage thought thats the whole point -_- we know it levels up and gets disabled but its doing wayyy to much damage atm
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    shouldnt be doing 1million damage thought thats the whole point -_- we know it levels up and gets disabled but its doing wayyy to much damage atm
    If you have it at 50 Energy in P1 it does exactly 1M in the intermission (50 energy + 2 levels = 250 energy total => 250 * 4k = 1M), everything's fine here. That's just 333k without cooldowns using 3 persons, if you're at Lei Shen you probably have your raid decked ilvl 505+ which means everyone should have like 430k hp unbuffed.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-03-24 at 12:52 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it's the same as 25. You have 2 people in group sharing 800k damage. 25 is ~6 people sharing 2 millions and being healed by a single person. It's not a bug, it's not imbalanced - it's why you use people with defensive cooldown in such pair - the other being tanks. Unless your raid composition is absolutely bizarre, you must have at least two of those?

Edit: Or just pull the boss and go straight for Static Shock pillar. Check the damage - if it's around 500k (assuming ~25 energy when he uses the ability), it works fine.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2013-03-24 at 01:05 AM.

@kape and cckep i now know what you guys are saying sorry about my misinformation but still thats crazy >_> 1mil damage to 2 people
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-03-24 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    @kape and cckep i now know what you guys are saying sorry about my misinformation but still thats crazy >_> 1mil damage to 2 people
    Who says you have to soak it with 2?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    @kape and cckep i now what you guys are saying know sorry about my misinformation but still thats crazy >_> 1mil damage to 2 people
    You only need 2 people with defensive cooldowns to take care of it - assuming 2:2:3:3 groups and excluding tanks. All healers have those, so you're pretty much set. Pallies, Monks, Mages, Hunters, Rogues, Shadow Priests and Warlocks (those kinda hurt, though) can solo soak - as can Druids with certain Symbiosis combos. Assign groups correctly and Static Shock becomes trivial.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2013-03-24 at 01:21 AM.

In the same situation on 25-man it's 2.8 million damage. It hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Who says you have to soak it with 2?
    2:2:3:3 for 10man well at least for 1st intermission

we have 2 tanks on 1 side and me and pally healer on another and if we get static shock twice i would iceblock first one then IB+HOP 2nd

2nd intermission is no problem however on heroic ooooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    Rogue = cloak ( will be up for second transition)
    paladin= bubble (with unbreakable spirit CD will be up at second transition phase aswell)
    mage = iceblock (coldsnap to have it for both transitions)
    warrior = read above.
    druid = symbiosis on mage if resto, symbiosis on rogue if oomkin.
    warlock = dark bargain, followed by glyphed Healthstone + unending resolve
    Shadowpriest = disperse
    disc priest = i dunno? pain sup + shield + barrier? (not sure)
    hunteR= deterence
    Shaman = problem dunno..we had none :/
    DK = ams/ibf

So - hope for some RNG, incase shit happens stack up
    Basically this is what we did; Abused the fact most people in a 25 can solo soak them during transitions, during phases it was rarely an issue as we just stacked at melee (after making sure lightning balls weren't about to spawn).

During transition you will notice many of the people getting Static shock will be able to solo soak (playing a disc myself PS + Shield was enough on whoever couldnt soak alone at least before it was leveled up, haven't gotten to try after that). During the first transition we would gather in case a person couldn't solo soak (barrier + SS from a disc pov ftw on those occasions).

After we started having people solo soaking it all became a lot easier and the random deaths were pretty much gone.
    The last static shocks before p3 we definitely didn't gather for, no matter if the person who got it could soak alone or not. By then the dmg of soaking, even with 7+ people stacked, seemed very random, and resulted in people dying more than often. Sacrificing one of the few who couldnt solo soak was defo worth it as p3 is more and less a walk in the park anyway.

2/2/3/3 if you have soakers. 1/1/4/4 if you don't have soakers. 1 mill over 4 people won't even come close to dying. No one says you have to do 2/2/3/3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaozhi40 View Post
    So we know that we need to stack up for that and some class can solo soak it.
    However, during our attempt last night something weird happened and I am still confused about what happened.
    Static Shock does 1000k dmg to every one that's stacked according to journal, yet during this attempt we had 5 people stacked up for Static Shock. However, the static shock did 450k dmg to me( the mage) ,430k dmg to monk and 485k dmg to shaman. We had 5 people stacked up and the other two were hunters and I believe one of them popped deterrence.

Is the journal wrong about 1000k dmg or we did something wrong because the overall dmg to us was more than 1000k. Help plz.
    I can't post the link to log, but if you need it I can pm it to you.
    If you stack up, DO NOT POP DETERRANCE, that way he is not counted inside as a soaking person. We tested it and we are 100% sure that if you have lets say 2 people inside soaking 500k and one of them is a hunter that pops deterrance, the other guy will take 500k instead of 250k.

Ill link you a movie of our kill so you can check how we sorted groups to have very few in each group without immunities. Also sometimes it might be better for you to let a shaman die lets say and him to ankh instead of stacking and getting 3 people killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disperata View Post
    If you stack up, DO NOT POP DETERRANCE, that way he is not counted inside as a soaking person. We tested it and we are 100% sure that if you have lets say 2 people inside soaking 500k and one of them is a hunter that pops deterrance, the other guy will take 500k instead of 250k.

We found that out early when our monk popped her 90% reduce spell on herself. The damage was split between the boomkin and myself. Since it was transition 1, we survived well enough. In the remaining attempts that we had that day, she'd solo-soak static shock whenever her CD was up.

Deleted
    We also had problems with the static shock in p2 (on 10 man). Wat we did was make sure the static shock conduit was the highest in the first transition and we wouldnt have to worry about it in the 2nd transition. For you information. We started on North (static shock) and went clockwards. In p2 we started on West and went counter clockwards. We killed it the first time we did this.
    Last edited by mmoc9e2659249a; 2013-03-26 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Does anyone happen to know how abilities such as Barrier work for Static Shock?
    Rather, does barrier work, or is there something funny going on with that one as well as with other dmg reducing abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    Does anyone happen to know how abilities such as Barrier work for Static Shock?
    Rather, does barrier work, or is there something funny going on with that one as well as with other dmg reducing abilities?
    Damage reductions didn't seem to be doing anything wrong last night. If a player flat out avoids taking any damage, they do not seem to count towards the split, but reductions seem to work properly. We had a rogue with elusiveness+feint for 65% and a spriest for 18% and if you unreduce their damage taken, the total is really close to the ~2.4 million total the static shock was expected to do.

I think the only reason people think reductions are causing problems is because they don't realize that the dungeon journal's listed damage is for a non leveled 0 energy pillar... and you are going to have a level 2 pillar and it will likely have energy.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks for your reply

I haven't personally found Static Shock being a massive problem for us since we started having who can solo soak with immunities do so, but seeing all these replies about dmg reducing abilities screwing others up I thought it was worth asking. Suppose I'll check it out with PS next reset myself just to be sure.