Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Unlocking New Heroes...

EDIT: I now see how we may get other heroes to play as, such as Illidan who was shown in the trailer...

Practice mode: Hone your abilities and test out new deck ideas against A.I. opponents of basic or expert skill levels, and unlock new playable heroes in the process.

Seems like you can unlock new heroes simply by practicing. Or I guess it could mean you can't practice with all current heroes right off the bat?

Note the bottom where it says "standard decks". I think it's fair to assume that hitting the arrow would take us to "intermediate" decks, or a similar name. I'm wondering if this is where other heroes such as Illidan make an appearance. It seemed odd for me to see him so clearly in the trailer but not as a selectable character. All I can think is that he might be the avatar of a more complex Warlock hero or something along those lines. What do you think? A different hero avatar for the more complex the deck? Or am I thinking too much and the next step across is just decks made by the player? lol Curiosity... it kills me :P

Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-03-23 at 01:13 PM.

Rarely updated...

In one of the videos they hit the arrow and it goes from Standard Decks to Expert Decks. Think it was the gameplay video on youtube. He then uses Gul'dan as the Warlock.

The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    In the gameplay trailer (Building Fire), hitting the 'next' button goes to expert decks and so on, but they only appear to be elite versions of the standard deck (Ie, the expert Magic Deck is a Jania Proudmoore, just wit the prefix "Expert". Hopefully, this is just an "improved version" of standard decks, so Arthas and Illidan might still appear (probably appear). I am really hoping that Varian Wyrnn or Tirion Fordring (or better yet, Anduin Lothar) will be playable.

So far, it would appear that the heroes are:

Warrior - Garrosh the Hated (Hellscream)
    Shaman - Thrall (Former leader of the Horde)
    Rogue - ???
    Paladin - Uther Lightbringer (Former leader of the Silver Hand)
    Hunter - ???
    Druid - Malfurion Stormrage (Illidan's brother)
    Warlock - ???
    Mage - Jania Proudmoore (FYI: Arthas' former fiance)
    Priest - (Anduin Wyrnn?)
    Last edited by Valyrian Stormclaw; 2013-03-22 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    In one of the videos they hit the arrow and it goes from Standard Decks to Expert Decks. Think it was the gameplay video on youtube. He then uses Gul'dan as the Warlock.
    Ah, I must have missed that bit :S Kinda of a wasted thread then lol

Does make me more curious where Illidan is though... A skin for the Warlock maybe? (Or some other class)

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    In the gameplay trailer (Building Fire), hitting the 'next' button goes to expert decks and so on, but they only appear to be elite versions of the standard deck (Ie, the expert Magic Deck is a Jania Proudmoore, just wit the prefix "Expert". Hopefully, this is just an "improved version" of standard decks, so Arthas and Illidan might still appear (probably appear). I am really hoping that Varian Wyrnn or Tirion Fordring (or better yet, Anduin Lothar) will be playable.

So far, it would appear that the heroes are:

Warrior - Garrosh the Hated (Hellscream)
    Shaman - Thrall (Former leader of the Horde)
    Rogue - Valeera Sanguinar (Comic/Manga character iirc)
    Paladin - Uther Lightbringer (Former leader of the Silver Hand)
    Hunter - Rexxar (Neutral Horder Hero, Half Orc/Half Ogre)
    Druid - Malfurion Stormrage (Illidan's brother)
    Warlock - Gul'dan (Probably most famous Orc Warlock)
    Mage - Jania Proudmoore (FYI: Arthas' former fiance)
    Priest - (Anduin Wyrnn?)
    Filled in a few for you there It does look like Anduin to me too.
    I have to imagine that you'd be able to get skins for the classes at some point. Basically like LoL. But hopefully, you can earn them in game as well as buying them.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-03-22 at 10:16 PM.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, I must have missed that bit :S Kinda of a wasted thread then lol

Does make me more curious where Illidan is though... A skin for the Warlock maybe? (Or some other class)
    if illidan is a hero, than he'll either be a warlock or a rogue. or both.

all I know is that I like his card
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if illidan is a hero, than he'll either be a warlock or a rogue. or both.

all I know is that I like his card
    I think he could go either way really. I can see him as a Warlock but easily as a Rogue too considering his blades and stealth lol

Rarely updated...

Last edited by nightmarez; 2013-07-18 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    illidan was just a normal card that you can use in any deck
    we know there's a normal illidan card. but here's the deal:

1 - among the 4 "serious" people talking on the trailer, 3 are confirmed heroes (thrall, jaina and garrosh) and one is illidan. that leads us to think perhaps there'll be an illidan hero;

2 - what if there are normal card versions of thrall, jaina, anduin, garrosh, valeera, gul'dan, uther, rexxar and malfurion?

Last edited by nightmarez; 2013-07-18 at 07:20 PM.

illidan was just a normal card that you can use in any deck
    It's reasonable to assume that they may do both hero and minion versions of certain characters. The main WoW TCG has essentially done the same with some of its allies also appearing as heroes in other sets.

It's also worth noting that some of the minion cards appear to replace your heroes when you summon them, as Jaraxxus did in the gameplay demo.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-23 at 03:28 PM.

normal cards of the heroes can happen but i think they will stick with the 9 classes they have and maybe this game is just a april's fool joke thingy,since april's fool day is close and also they already have a tcg which you can play
    People need to stop with this nonsense.
    You really think Blizz would show a game off at PAX to just say "Ha! We got you chumps! April Fool!" I don't think so...

And this isn't a TCG, it's a CCG.

Rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    People need to stop with this nonsense.
    You really think Blizz would show a game off at PAX to just say "Ha! We got you chumps! April Fool!" I don't think so...

And this isn't a TCG, it's a CCG.
    I really don't understand people who think that...Oh well, once April has pass they will come to their senses.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

It's not even April

e: Also I am pretty sure Illidan is "just" an Ally card rather than a Hero
    His card is here on the official site
    Last edited by Imnick; 2013-03-23 at 04:13 PM.

I'd also be surprised if Illidan ends up being a hero. I didn't see any of the heroes as being cards except Jaraxxus who is a card that turns into a hero because of what it does. Both Illidan & Tirion Fordring are cards that do not become heroes like Jaraxxus.

Also the april's fool thing is just dumb, I can't believe people actually think that this was april's fool.

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Illidan and Arthas are cards, so I don't think that will happen. Though, I could see the possibility of other character representing the same Heroes as these ones in the future, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I really don't understand people who think that...Oh well, once April has pass they will come to their senses.
    Maybe. But then again they started claiming it was an early April Fool's joke on the 22nd so they'll probably claim it is a late April Fool's joke after the 1st.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, third unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Maybe. But then again they started claiming it was an early April Fool's joke on the 22nd so they'll probably claim it is a late April Fool's joke after the 1st.
    Some people never learn. *shakes head*

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Some people never learn. *shakes head*
    once the game is on beta, people will have to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    once the game is on beta, people will have to get it.
    Having them finally understand something as simple as this at that point would make a crawling snail look like a bolt of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Because people on these forums always tend to assume that the entire world shares the same interests as them. So if they don't like it then nobody likes it, and why would Blizzard make a game that nobody likes. Yep must be a joke...