Thread: Akali lategame

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    stuff.
    Newsflash: there are usually two junglers in the game, you can't expect something to be happening automatically. Also stop the BS with melee, she's got pretty decent ranged last hitting tool, if you burn 9 pots without running out of mana, she's just plain bad.
    It's however a gamble
    OH GOD I SPENT 150 MORE GOLD I AM BEHIND HELP!!

As someone who mains Akali. Her late game is only scary if she reaches late game while you are all in mid game items. Then you are meant to die horribly to her. Anyway in a full late game vs game fight an oracles or a pink ward along with a stun or two shuts her down very hard. And yes I said a stun or two you are meant to actually build a decent team comp in this game. If your team has no way to stop a champion like Akali or similar assassins then prepare for them to insta gib your carry

Akali isn't OP at all. She's very well balanced, I think: very powerful in the hands of a skilled player but easy to counter to an extent where she will only be useful when played very intelligently and with smart decision making.

She really isn't very bursty by the way. Not for an assassin - unless she has ridiculous amounts of AP, she needs at least 4-5 seconds to burst down anyone who isnt an utterly unprotected AD carry. She's not an assassin who can just run in, unload everything in the space of a second or two and run out giggling. She has to stick on a target for a bit, and her ultimate is all that lets her do this: but it makes her vunerable. What makes her dangerous is her power in 1v1 situations, due to her insane self-healing with a Hextech Gunblade and even a little bit of defense (Rylais/Zhonyas).

That said, an Akali who builds items like Abyssal, Zhonyas, Rylais (items that give her damage + some tankiness) and who engages in her W (for extra armor/mr) can be very scary to people who don't stay in a team. But when they do stay in a team she can't do that much without letting her own team go in first, meaning she's really only a major threat if you're already on the backfoot, in which case, any champion played well can be threatening.

She's still always powerful though, but if you know how, she can be dealt with.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    theres probably not many things more satisfying than having an oracles going when i gank an akali and wait for that wonderful shroud to conceal nothing.

that being said, theres also a very satisfying feeling of getting an early lead and picking up a rylai's and proceeding to snowball and force a 20 min surrender because i killed katarina 6 times in the first 15 mins. i admit, she was a horrible katarina but it was satisfying nonetheless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Newsflash: there are usually two junglers in the game, you can't expect something to be happening automatically. Also stop the BS with melee, she's got pretty decent ranged last hitting tool, if you burn 9 pots without running out of mana, she's just plain bad.

OH GOD I SPENT 150 MORE GOLD I AM BEHIND HELP!!
    You spend 800g on the 9pots 2wards start, not 150g. So yes, 800g is a lot to behind early in the game.

It's hard ganking for an Akali pre-6 (which is when you should be shutting her down). It's basically like ganking for your Nidalee pre-6; not going to happen unless the laner overextends severely without wards. If you only last-hit with your Q as Akali you're going to miss out on a lot of farm, and that's not what you want to do when you started 9pots. And you don't need to burn your mana to harass Akali, simply AA whenever she comes in to farm, 2-3 AA's with a little AD runes/masteries will do wonders for you my friend.

PS: Your attitude is kind of pathetic, come back when you can discuss in a civil manner.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    Tbh, I was getting as much MR as I could, had MR glyphs, GA/ hrglass..saved me for 2 sec and she was at 5% hp, kills me and shes at 50% hp, BALANCED.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 09:29 AM ----------

This. /10char
    2 things.

1) what champion were you playing?

2) were you 1v1'ing this Akali?
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-03-23 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    You spend 800g on the 9pots 2wards start, not 150g. So yes, 800g is a lot to behind early in the game.
    Well this is not true, if you are trying to make some facts at least try to add some credibility.

Anyway this is what all defenders and devil advocates have in common, always using perfect situations that, can't always occur, when they fit their argument. Basically defenders would be right if the environment were perfect and everyone knew what they were doing and why they were doing it, but it's simply not happening. So basically if you did everything right Akali would be balanced. People can do it, but usually they will not, and honestly there is no reason to force people play against something that you need high amount of experience to survive, instead game should give you some clues and requirements should be on both parts. Same happened with Darius before, he was nothing over the top, but if you did not knew exactly what he can do, did not know exact range on his E you were screwed hard, and he also had insane snowball potential, making people hate him. Same is here, it's simply not fun for many players, that's why they ban that shit, not because it's overpowered.
    Last edited by mmoc064457dc87; 2013-03-23 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Well this is not true, if you are trying to make some facts at least try to add some credibility.
    (coming from the guy saying 150g????)
    475g* (I've still got the counter-strike starting money inprinted in my mind... sigh) -- to be precise, 465g is what you spend for 9pots 2wards.

Point still stands, though. 465g is still a lot of gold to be behind early game (keyword here, early game).

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:38 PM ----------

Anyway this is what all defenders and devil advocates have in common, always using perfect situations that, can't always occur, when they fit their argument. Basically defenders would be right if the environment were perfect and everyone knew what they were doing and why they were doing it, but it's simply not happening. So basically if you did everything right Akali would be balanced. People can do it, but usually they will not, and honestly there is no reason to force people play against something that you need high amount of experience to survive, instead game should give you some clues and requirements should be on both parts. Same happened with Darius before, he was nothing over the top, but if you did not knew exactly what he can do, did not know exact range on his E you were screwed hard, and he also had insane snowball potential, making people hate him. Same is here, it's simply not fun for many players, that's why they ban that shit, not because it's overpowered.
    That's not what were talking about here.

People here claim she's overpowered. Only one guy said he banned her out because he dislikes playing against her, which is fine, as I also said earlier: everyone has that one or two champions they absolutely hate playing against, and that's perfectly fine.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-03-23 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post

Basically free bronze elo, abuse while you can!
    fixed that for ya

she isnt hard to stop.

People complaining she bursts you down from 3k HP yet nobody mentions LeBlanc? All bursty champions must be OP nowadays.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    fixed that for ya

she isnt hard to stop.

ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    People complaining she bursts you down from 3k HP yet nobody mentions LeBlanc? All bursty champions must be OP nowadays.
    LeBlanc can only burst down one person, and has to wait for CDs. Akali can burst down the entire team if no one bothers to stop her and she gets resets.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    LeBlanc can only burst down one person, and has to wait for CDs. Akali can burst down the entire team if no one bothers to stop her and she gets resets.
    "if no one bothers to stop her"

that's like fucking saying "ERMAGERDH AD CARRURS SO SUPER OVERPOWERED IF NO ONE BOTHERS TO STOP HIM".

Guys. SHE IS A FUCKING CARRY. STOP. HER. She's PURE, RAW DAMAGE. NOTHING ELSE. She has literally NO DEFENSIVE ABILITIES OUTSIDE OF USING HER ULTIMATE TO JUMP CREEPS.

ATLEAST use PROPER arguements instead of simply saying "derp no one bothers to CC or attack the hypercarry herpaderpydediderpderp. derp"

Good grief.

10+ Year Old Account

that's like fucking saying "ERMAGERDH AD CARRURS SO SUPER OVERPOWERED IF NO ONE BOTHERS TO STOP HIM".

Guys. SHE IS A FUCKING CARRY. STOP. HER. She's PURE, RAW DAMAGE. NOTHING ELSE. She has literally NO DEFENSIVE ABILITIES OUTSIDE OF USING HER ULTIMATE TO JUMP CREEPS.

ATLEAST use PROPER arguements instead of simply saying "derp no one bothers to CC or attack the hypercarry herpaderpydediderpderp. derp"

Good grief.
    LeBlanc doesn't have any resets to her combos, she has to wait for her CDs to comeback up. While Akali gets resets on her R. That's what I mean, sheesh.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    LeBlanc doesn't have any resets to her combos, she has to wait for her CDs to comeback up. While Akali gets resets on her R. That's what I mean, sheesh.
    I dont see the relevance in your comment v my comment?

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 09:45 PM ----------

I know LB isn't like Akali; she's bursts one champion down and waits for her cooldowns. They're not really comparable as they're two different kind of "assassins"
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-03-23 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Good grief.
    You might want to calm down a bit. Try to keep discussion civil.

That goes for everyone.

Deleted
    I still don't get what you guys are arguing about.

1. it's true that Akali gets resets on her ultimate but her front up burst is not reset (i.e her main damage abilities remain on cooldown and have their energy cost in place) just her ability to dash to someone else like on someone like Katarina that can literally use all her abilities save her ultimate the split second she gets a kill.

2. if you are trying to motivate 125g as "too much to spend on being able to gank Akali" you probably still play in bronze and you probably also think the only one that should be getting wards is your support.

what you do with that 125g is that you open up the potential for a gank from your jungler or whoever else wants to gank and you also disallow Akali the time to wait for her cooldowns to refresh.
    without a pink ward/reveal-type abilities such as Lee Sin's there is literally no way to ever gank Akali unless she's terribly out of position and thus she can free farm until the end of time.

so once again: you're not buying the pink ward just to see her in her stealth - you're buying it to severely weaken a mechanic that otherwise will make her laning phase utterly strong.
    at 125g every 3 minutes assuming you're laning until about 25 minutes into the game that is roughly a 1000g to continuously ward Akali, and even less so seeing as you will only really ward her shroud when she uses it in a crucial situation, i.e in a gank or likewise.

3. Akali is not particularly strong without items, period. she is however stronger than a lot of other champions that haven't got items either.

all in all I think the main problem with Akali, Leblanc, Katarina etc is that they are really strong snowball champions that have high base damages and people don't know how to play vs them.
    you don't win at lvl 6 vs Akali from 100 to 0, you just don't, yet people try, they lose, give away 300g to Akali and the process repeats and she's deemed overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is akali. Want to know a little secret to beating us? Be aggressive. Man mode us. I cannot tell you how many times i'll toss a mark, and they target will get...i don't know, flustered? Scared? Nervous? And just putz around with the mark up like a headless chicken. Can't figure why... Then I have time to let Q cooldown, ult in, AA, E, then Q>AA again and kill them...
    If you just grow a pair and hit us back, we're pretty squishy... till we get fed. By then you've missed your chance and godspeed.

Deleted
    Point still stands, though. 465g is still a lot of gold to be behind early game (keyword here, early game).
    Your assumption is that the only alternative is to go for permanent items, but there are very few possibilities early and most build paths include potions/wards anyway. Biggest difference over mana users is that you can buy more red pots instead of mana ones or just ignore charm that is 180g anyway.

The point I'm trying to make about LeBlanc is her damage is crazy if she's not stopped. The best idea? Stop her. Every champion has a countering mechanic, Banshees Veil is probably one of LeBlanc's biggest counters. That is a lot more expensive than a simple pink ward to counter Akali.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Pink / Oracle
    Or play Swain / Lee>gg

And Akali isn't the only champ that can go full HP/tank and still easily get kills *cough katarina cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    zed op? Now Iv'e heard it all

edit: or just never seen a good zed. I've seen a lot of zeds though
    You never saw a good Zed. He is the scariest champ of all atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass