Page 1 of 2
LastLast

As a PvPer is Every Man For Himself a must?

Title says all - is it a must - or can I get away with being a Gnome Rogue?

Only asking because me and a group of friends may be moving to Alliance.... bleurgh.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Being a human basically means your racial is http://www.wowhead.com/item=91104

So no, you can go with being a gnome and just using the medallion. You lose some pvp power, and gain a root/snare break every 90 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Being a human basically means your racial is http://www.wowhead.com/item=91104

So no, you can go with being a gnome and just using the medallion. You lose some pvp power, and gain a root/snare break every 90 seconds.
    +5% PvP power is not just "some", that's a hefty amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as much of a deal as it used to be with many PvE trinkets just imply being useless in PvP, but I think that it's a very versatile trait.

But depends on what you think. The Human racial is clearly superior. Escape Artist has a 1.5min CD and only removes slows/roots, while Every Man for Himself is a 2 minute cooldown and is much more powerful.

I still think that EMFH is clearly the best choice here, but the ridiculous disparity between it and other racials has been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    It's not as much of a deal as it used to be with many PvE trinkets just imply being useless in PvP, but I think that it's a very versatile trait.

But depends on what you think. The Human racial is clearly superior. Escape Artist has a 1.5min CD and only removes slows/roots, while Every Man for Himself is a 2 minute cooldown and is much more powerful.

I still think that EMFH is clearly the best choice here, but the ridiculous disparity between it and other racials has been addressed.
    Escape Artist is of course worse than EMFH put side by side, but you can use a Medallion and Escape Artist back to back: they don't incur each others cooldowns (last I checked anyway, it could be like Will of the Forsaken and have a 30 second cd between both).

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    So 4.1% more damage against players (considering you'd be using the medallion, which has some pvp power on it as well) vs Escape Artist.

Obviously I'm going to take the trinket as a gnome - I'm not going to rely on a root break -_-

I just meant is the PvP power I'd stand to get as a Human really that much better? - Especially with the 5.3 changes.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Obviously I'm going to take the trinket as a gnome - I'm not going to rely on a root break -_-

I just meant is the PvP power I'd stand to get as a Human really that much better? - Especially with the 5.3 changes.
    What does the 5.3 changes have to do with it? 5.3 is in no way changing the effectiveness of PvP power.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Min/maxing is blown way out of proportion by the player base in general. No, it is not a must have, and you can do just fine without it.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    What does the 5.3 changes have to do with it? 5.3 is in no way changing the effectiveness of PvP power.
    no but seeing as resilience is now pretty much taken out of the equation for us, i assumed people would just be stacking PvP power.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

If you're a class that can play human and you don't you're gimping yourself. Its not just more pvp power, its also a proc of 3954 agility which I believe is like icd of 45 seconds. The only reason I could see picking a non human is if you prefer how the non humans look. If you're about winning go human. Sure you can do good as other races, I'm not saying you can't. However emfh is the best racial for pvp as alliance hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    If you're a class that can play human and you don't you're gimping yourself. Its not just more pvp power, its also a proc of 3954 agility which I believe is like icd of 45 seconds. The only reason I could see picking a non human is if you prefer how the non humans look. If you're about winning go human. Sure you can do good as other races, I'm not saying you can't. However emfh is the best racial for pvp as alliance hands down.
    pretty much what I wanted to hear - thank you.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

I think it depends on your class... I believe as a Rogue, rolling a Dwarf for Stone Skin is MUCH more valuable. Being able to remove bleeds every 2 mins with an effective cloak + vanish is very powerful.

Shadowmeld is amazing too, you can use it to break casts or as a rogue, second stealth, it counts as true stealth so all openers are available, combine this with Cloak and Dagger and you can do all kinds of fun stuff. Also break combat and restealth. :P

Nelf and Gnome have amazing utility.

In general, on paper, Human is the best race for all DPS classes because it gives a static damage increase in PvP (being able to run double pvp power trinkets). In a real Arena or RBG game though, being a Nelf or Gnome might win you a game.

PvP isn't about statistics or 1-4% differences. There is two possible outcomes: Win or lose. If you died because you didn't shadowmeld a chaos bolt, or didn't root break a nova and run LoS then being human is bad. Some classes are better as humans / gnomes / nelves than others, but overall there isn't much in it. Utility vs a permanent damage increase, pretty much personal choice.

You would just get an extra trinket slot, so no. If I were you I would go Night Elf on a Rouge(My Rouge is a Night Elf) because they have increased Stealth, so they are harder to see. Plus they get Shadowmold which is like an extra Vanish!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    disc priests / rogues, only exceptions i can think of this.. for obvious reasons. still pretty close tho imo.

Top choice is undead.

If you can't do that, human is a decent second choice. If you really want another race, none of them are ASS in pvp or anything- rogues benefit from root breaks, shadowmeld, bleed wipe, and second gouge just fine.

Note that you can't shadowmeld a chaos bolt (or any cast). It's not vanish, and the cast will continue. This was hotfixed about two seasons after they made shadowmeld work in combat. You can (and should) shadowmeld+opener macro, if you go nelf.

If your heart is set on gnome, you basically give up the agiilty proc, and trade that passive pvp power for mastery or crit (a small downgrade). The agi proc is what that trinket is about, however, and you will miss it, but a rooted rogue does less dps than one up in their grill!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Especially considering many people are using the engi glove tinker with proc trinket + pvp trinket nowadays (at least DKs are). And PvP on use trinket = better version of engi tinker, giving humans the option to use lets say blacksmithing + jewelcrafting, which means they'll be getting better passive damage and mitigation, with better burst.

Though, I do think that many other races are somewhat equal in MoP like orcs.

But still.. humans will be a much better choice as gear progresses due to pvp power increasing, primary stats increasing in power etc. Unless racials like orc blood fury start giving percentage bonus damage, humans will most likely have a bonus for dps.

Deleted
    As rogue not being human is just gimping yourself. this season alone you are passing 6-7% pvp power and 4k agi proc if you take something else than human and it will just get stronger the following seasons.

Human is the simplest racial to use on alliance, but it's not necessarily the best.