Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    "Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.
    Raids
    Bonus Roll
    Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player."

THANK YOU BLIZZARD!!! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Yes this is what I'm implying, I'm implying you're being very cynical and these are your opinions. No one is saying that but you, so please take your negativity out of here. This is something all of MMO champion should see because it is a plague on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    @Northem: I would imply that what you said was your opinion. Opinions, if sincerely held, are neither true nor false. Nor are they facts. Your useless and entirely dispensable arena may be someone else's favorite place to do arena games. Useless and dispensable to you. A favorite thing for someone else. You would do well to keep things like that in mind.
    So, you're telling me that all I do is mix lies with my personal opinions, ignoring the objective facts... fine.

Let's play a game, I will repeat my previous post but this time I will underline the true facts and hide my personal opinions and not contrasted facts, let's see what you think about the true facts:

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Assuming that we are in just the beginning of what will involve the patch 5.3 (hopefully), how do you think of the little we know so far?

Personally, being totally pessimistic and ignoring the classes' changes and the changes regarding PVP and PVE in general, I have highlighted the following points:

• Another repetitive BG based in gather resources -> There will be people who love to collect resources but I think we already have enough similar BGs.
    • A new arena -> Totally useless and dispensable, not only for PVE players, but also for non-competitive PVP players.
    • Heroic scenarios -> Something most reserved for "professionals" or at least for people with stable grouping. Simply I find extremely stupid not including new 5-person dungeons but include this new feature instead...
    • Absolute involvement of the moorish Dark Iron dwarfs in the Alliance -> Which to my way of seeing and understanding the Alliance is a major regression: Dark Iron dwarves have been bitter enemies of the other two dwarf clans in particular and of the rest of the Alliance in general for generations, and now they are supposed to work together for the Alliance? It is not credible at all!, but hey, we already know Blizzard and its lack of interest in the lore of their own games. The moorish dwarves should go immediately to the Horde, it cannot be trusted in them... and that traitor named Moira with her little Dark Iron bastard should be expelled from the Alliance by hook or by crook, by the mere coherence and image of the Alliance. Magni, back soon!, we need you! get rid of your traitor daughter! Dark Iron dwarves are a cursed race: they never should have left their mountain...
    • Even more disrepute for the Zandalari -> the Zandalari, once the last incorruptible trolls, the mother race of all trolls tribes, the trolls wiser and civilized... now turned into mere fodder for quests: regrettable, so many missed opportunities... outrageous. Hopefully Vol'jin as new leader of the Horde can redeem those Zandalari loyal to Rastakhan and make them join the Horde, which would seem the most sensible, reasonable and strategic development for the new Horde itself.
    • Naval battles between orcs and Stormwind humans -> At this point I am truly ashamed: since when the Stormwind humans or the orcs are naval powers as for undertaking offshore naval battles? It's something that has neither head nor tail. The naval battles in WoW are a great incentive of course, but they would fit better in an expansion oriented in the South Seas, where the Armada of Kul Tiras on the part of Alliance savagely faces to the Rastakhan's Golden Fleet on the part of Horde: two real naval powers face to face.
    • Multitude of scenarios pro-horde like the Vol'jin one -> Sounds good to me developing the lore through scenarios (ideally through individual scenarios) however I demand parity and exclusivity. Parity in the sense of developing the same number of scenarios for both the Alliance and the Horde, and exclusivity in the sense that the scenarios are exclusive to the Horde or the Alliance because if not, why do we need two separate factions? I consider disrespectful scenarios like "Dagger in the Dark" in which even we have to change our appearance to make the story more believable and truthful ... that kind of scenarios should be unique to the appropriate faction.

As I said I hope I'm wrong and have to swallow my words, but unfortunately I cannot have many positive expectations placed in patch 5.3 thus far...
    somewhat better?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I see another Alliance scenario added to that list in the future I'll be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    People are allowed to disagree and say negative things because that's more interesting than simple praise all the time. When people say things that you disagree with, feel free to disagree with those things.

@Northem: I would imply that what you said was your opinion. Opinions, if sincerely held, are neither true nor false. Nor are they facts. Your useless and entirely dispensable arena may be someone else's favorite place to do arena games. Useless and dispensable to you. A favorite thing for someone else. You would do well to keep things like that in mind.
    There is a significant difference between constructive criticism and being negative in how you present your opinion. As a mod you should already know this. As far as opinions go, they most certainly can be false especially if it is based on ignorance, misinformation and false premises.

What do people think a naval battle is? It's a couple of stationary ships, like we often see now, with probably some canons on the side, like we have now, and some ropes to board the ship next to you. And then you fight like you always do, on the ship, against the crew of the other ship or by using the canons to first make the sails catch fire. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is a significant difference between constructive criticism and being negative in how you present your opinion. As a mod you should already know this. As far as opinions go, they most certainly can be false especially if it is based on ignorance, misinformation and false premises.
    You mean to say that my post is full of "ignorance, misinformation and false premises"?

Now I corrected myself, I underlined the true facts and hided my personal opinions and not contrasted facts. A little further up you have the result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm seems those 4 scenarios are the only ones we'll be getting. I'm rather disappointed. Think that might be the thing that makes me unsub until the next expansion if I don't see any other major story in 5.3.
    Although this has a lot to with my current situation with playing WoW. I'm not subbing for raiding atm and am mostly for the story, so if I feel I'm being short changed I won't renew it.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-03-25 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    As long as I see another Alliance scenario added to that list in the future I'll be happy .
    They are all neutral apparently! (How that will work, I have no idea)

Woah, ptr so soon!
    I'm liking the changes to pvp, especially the 65% base resilience. Also... Loot specialization and protection for bad luck streaks for bonus rolls? Awesome is all I can say!