Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DuckTales Remastered!

Capcom is remastering [remaking] one of the finest and purest platformers ever created. The original was a masterclass on game design.

DUCKTALES!

Rumor is you can actually swim in Scrooge's moneypit/vault.

DuckTales was the first game I ever owned. And it kicked my ass repeatedly.

I'm actually thrilled that it's getting a makeover, but I'm sad that my nostalgia glasses will ruin it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm actually thrilled that it's getting a makeover, but I'm sad that my nostalgia glasses will ruin it for me.
    Honesty like this is almost unheard of. I'm glad you can see this, wish others had the same insight.

Of note, they didn't show off a single screen of the Moon?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Do you suppose this means there's hope that they might remaster/make the Alien vs Predator arcade brawler game they made?

Because if they did I would take back everything bad I've ever said about Capcom and promise them the requisite sexual favors.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Do you suppose this means there's hope that they might remaster/make the Alien vs Predator arcade brawler game they made?
    Maybe!

Capcom is also putting out a collection of two of their most praised action game stand-ups; Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom.

I have zero issue with Capcom cashing in on nostalgia when they bring back some of the highly regarded and considered games in their catalog. Not to mention some of the most difficult to acquire!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-23 at 02:01 AM.

My next door neighbour used to have this on the gameboy and jeez was it hard. I don't think either of us managed to finish it.

The styling looks really cool, a lot like Paper Mario, but I'm not sold on how the backgrounds work. Even in the youtube preview, it looks like you can further back, along the z axis into the background but you clearly can't, since it's a 2D scroller. Maybe this was meant to come out on the 3DS and they canned it? The flat backgrounds of the original would make it look a little dated, but I can see it confusing me at times as to which direction you're meant to be going in.

Either way, nice to see a re-make of a really classic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Capcom is remastering [remaking] one of the finest and purest platformers ever created. The original was a masterclass on game design.

DUCKTALES!

Rumor is you can actually swim in Scrooge's moneypit/vault.
    Best news that came out PAX so far.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    DuckTales was the first game I ever owned. And it kicked my ass repeatedly.

I'll be looking at it as if it's a brand new game. Even though it really isn't.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how well the music for The Moon will go? That's like an 8-bit classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPkhhLC1tf8

600k views just for the music, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, wow. That brings back memories lol. I freaking LOVED that game on the NES! I'll be all over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if only ninty did Super mario RPG remastered, one can always dream :c

10+ Year Old Account
    This is life. I am so excited about this hehe. Nostalgia aside I just remember this game kicking my ass a kid. I am willing to get it just so I can finally show it who is boss lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks so much different. So much it looks like a different game. Then again, it's been so long since I played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, this and Rescue Rangers were some of my favs when i was little. Hope they bring back the Rangers next!

I personally think that this is a good trend to start getting into. I never managed to own this game, my uncle had it along with every classic NES game you could probably think of, and their some fond memories of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty cool. I loved everything DuckTales. Still recall first time I played that game.
    I like sandwiches

Ducktales who oo

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it probably wont happen, but I would suck Capcom cock if they release another on disc Capcom Digital Collection game like they did semi recently with all of these new releases like DuckTales, D&D and the Darkstalkers/Marvel vs Capcom compilations (and also the first Bionic Commando ReArmed which for some reason they didn't have in the first).

Not into pure download only games, but it would be neat-o if they could include a remastered version of DuckTales 2 in the game also and release it on 3DS or something.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-03-23 at 06:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love whoever put that Tim Schafer quote in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this. Looks amazing, and yes. Ducktales was one of the greatest games of my childhood. Sadly, I don't own a console so I won't be able to play the remake I don't think.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I believe if people who buy Ducktales plays it with an open mind, accepting that this probably won't live up to the hype we already started cooking inside of us. "This will be just like before", "This will be so epic". Even if it's a remake I'll still play this like its new. and even if it gives the same feelings and nostalgia from before it may not be enough because when this game hits the stores, not only are the graphics and playstyle different, but so are we.

I hope when people are playing this they don't expect too much from it.