No more Resil on most PvP gear? 5.3

I am really confused about this. They are making everyone have a baseline resil of 65% and Removing resil from "most" pvp gear". Now other than Pvp power being on PvP gear why wouldn't someone just use their 4 piece tier set and gem it for PvP power? Assuming their 4 piece is something really good what is the point of even using PvP gear for those 4 slots?

I find this to be a really odd change, But what do you all think about it? How do you think it will effect PvP in the future?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its just so casuals can break straight into pvp and not get their faces smashed for all of a week while they grind out honor. its sad, and unneeded but whatever people are lazy and this game is on the wrong side of 8 years old

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I am really confused about this. They are making everyone have a baseline resil of 65% and Removing resil from "most" pvp gear". Now other than Pvp power being on PvP gear why wouldn't someone just use their 4 piece tier set and gem it for PvP power? Assuming their 4 piece is something really good what is the point of even using PvP gear for those 4 slots?

I find this to be a really odd change, But what do you all think about it? How do you think it will effect PvP in the future?
    Don't you see it? "Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496."
    "All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%."
    "Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear."

The game will revolve around PvP gear again, but this time with PvP power. If you want to hit hard, you'll have to have PvP gear. However, everyone will have the same durability, bringing the game closer to the "skill matter" part. Also, someone in full PvE gear of 522 for instance, won't be able to roflpwn someone with 476 PvP gear anymore. I think it's a good change.

Until some broken as hell PvE bonus comes in and people just go for that 4 set while gemming PvP power (or resil, pending we can still gem that). Thought we were trying to move AWAY from PvE gear in PvP? Guess not. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just gem resilience as you should do. Unless they remove resilience gems, enchants, set bonuses, etc, resilience will remain a better stat than pvp power.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Don't you see it? "Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496."

The game will revolve around PvP gear again, but this time with PvP power. If you want to hit hard, you'll have to have PvP gear. However, everyone will have the same durability, bringing the game closer to the "skill matter" part. Also, someone in full PvE gear of 522 for instance, won't be able to roflpwn someone with 476 PvP gear anymore. I think it's a good change.
    Bringing the ilevel of gear down to 496 will actually make the season 13 weapons worse than they are now seeing as how they are ilevel 498. The elite weapons will scale down making them even worse than the current normal season 13 weapons now.

As for PvP gear not having resil, Some classes like Ret paladins have an extremely strong 4 piece tier set. The slight loss of PvP power will most likely not be enough when compaired to how much harder it makes templar's verdict hit.

The ilevel reduction of gear is the worst thing about this in my opinion.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-03-23 at 02:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post

But how would making the base higher resilience help anything? I think to pvp you should be wearing pvp gear, maybe it would help people that wear pve gear but I do not want pve gear in pvp. You think that is harsh to pvp i pve gear? It should be. Blizzard is making it hard to pve in pvp gear so why give pvers an advantage?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Bringing the ilevel of gear down to 496 will actually make the season 13 weapons worse than they are now seeing as how they are ilevel 498. The elite weapons will scale down making them even worse than the current normal season 13 weapons now.

As for PvP gear not having resil, Some classes like Ret paladins have an extremely strong 4 piece tier set. The slight loss of PvP power will most likely not be enough when compaired to how much harder it makes templar's verdict hit.

The ilevel reduction of gear is the worst thing about this in my opinion.
    Losing 50% of all your dmg is slight?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing resil fro PVP Gear makes me expect it to be similar to the way Tank Gear from Wrath to Cata/MoP changed. Defensive stats are nice, but besides a weapon, it doesn't matter too much. So a fresh 90 will pop into a BGs and Arena in 5.3 with the same survivability as someone who has been grinding conquest since 5.0. The only thing PVP will have in the main is PVP Power now, and unless the formula changes dramatically PVE 4 Sets with lots of Gem Slots will be BIS for PVP, just for set bonuses and Gem Slots. Sure Weapon will matter, but not much else. Sounds to me at the moment that a PVE geared person with an item level of 496 and above with lots of Gem Slots and a PVP Weapon will be better than a full geared PVPer.

Expecting RBG and Arena Participation to drop. If the gear grind is removed, why the hell would I do Arena? RBG's for most people right now are just for the extra conquest, and only people who want titles and elite gear will continue. My interest in PVP is for fun, smashing bad geared people if I have to. I don't play Arena because I enjoy getting the shit beaten out of 8 out of 10 times by dual BM Hunters popping stampede, I do it for the Cap. These changes will definitely make FotM Classes much more in demand, and those with Nerfs practically non-existent. Might as well just get LFR Tier Set and gem it full PVP Power, with PVP Weapons the rest of the gear is useless.

Anyways, strange is my honest opinion. The main reason PVP iLvl is what it is is so that people can't walk straight into LFR Trollduar, but removing the defensive stat makes me question if PVP Gear should even exist in 5.3. Doing the Item Level scale down without changes to PVP Gear I think would work, this however, I'm not sure.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account