Low lvl ghost iron engineering

My alts engineering is at 487 now and elementium is 1000g per stack. Can I use ghost iron to lvvl it instead? If so, how?

Deleted
    You may be able to at 500 as i believe thats the skill needed to make ghost iron bolts. You will still need to get to 500 unfortunately as Engineering doesnt have a catch up mechanic like Blacksmithing atm

You cant, only BS got the ghost-iron treatment. Why dont you go mine some or put an add out in trade, I'm sure there will be people willing to make a quick buck by mining some ore.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

fml.... guess i gotta do it myself then

If you're thinking about all the "Training Project" recipes that Blacksmiths got in 5.2 to level up entirely to ~575 with Ghost Iron, nothing like that exists (yet) for Engineering.

You don't learn Ghost Iron Bolts (the first Ghost Iron recipe) til 500 skill. So either you're going to have to burn the money, wait for things to drop in price, or farm it yourself - there's currently no way around it.

Just get 8 more points and wait for darkmoon in a couple weeks to get you to 500.

Make sure you find a Blingatron everyday. The drop rate on the item that increases your profession skill seems decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by applejuice007 View Post
    Make sure you find a Blingatron everyday. The drop rate on the item that increases your profession skill seems decent enough.
    I've used Blingtron almost every day since early Oct and have yet to see a single one of those. Wowhead puts it at 3%, so it's not the worst chance in the world, but hardly something to really consider if you're looking to level something in any reasonable amount of time.

Darkmoon Fair starts Sunday so that isn't too bad of a wait... just depends on what you're willing to pay vs. how long you're willing to wait I guess.

Engineering takes a lot of gold or a lot of time to level once you get up to where you are now. I take it mining isn't your other profession?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    My alts engineering is at 487 now and elementium is 1000g per stack. Can I use ghost iron to lvvl it instead? If so, how?
    1000 a stack you say ? Time to check my AH and see if its that high there and FARM!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Outof all your alts, one must have mining? Couple circuits of Uldum and you got your elementium....

Or use justice points, the vendor in SW/Org still sells elementium stacks for justice points