Page 1 of 29
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767

    Exclamation Should their be a Limit on how many children people can have?

    There should be. The earth has a finite amount of resources that can be harvested, and every time some couple decides they want 5 kids they hog resources from others. Ultimately, this causes resources prices such as food, gas, and housing to rise for everyone. Lastly, many do not plan children, they simply refuse to think about the consequences of their actions.

    Why should we all be forced to pay more for our standard of living because Jose Ramirez cannot put on a condom?

    Because I am in a rather vindictive mood this evening. My solution is that their should be a 3 child limit imposed globally, and if a person knowingly has another child, then abortion is forced. And the remains get processed for use in the agricultural industry as fertilizer. This would help crop efficiency, and turn others bad decisions into a net gain for a society.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-03-23 at 05:13 AM.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Banned because I'm Badass!
    Posts
    3,573
    Yes, people on welfare should be limited to one child paid for. Do that and they wont have so many babies. They should be able to have as amny kids as they want, but I dont want to pay for their lack of planning.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    There should be. The earth has a finite amount of resources that can be harvested, and every time some couple decides they want 5 kids they hog resources from others. Ultimately, this causes resources prices such as food, gas, and housing to rise for everyone. Lastly, many do not plan children, they simply refuse to think about the consequences of their actions.

    Why should we all be forced to pay more for our standard of living because Jose Ramirez cannot put on a condom?

    Because I am in a rather vindictive mood this evening. My solution is that their should be a 3 child limit imposed globally, and if a person knowingly has another child, then abortion is forced. And the remains get processed for use in the agricultural industry as to not be a wasted.
    would you be willing to die to hammer home your point? your death = more resources
    of course not, you're all talk like everyone else

  4. #4
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,758
    No there shouldn't. As long as they can provide for them themselves then I don't see why anyone should be restricted on the amount of children they have.
    as for "finite resources" That's total hogwash.

    Solar, Wind, Nuclear these are all in use today types of energy production, There is more than enough land to be able to populate and feed the world as it is now and a lot more. The problems come from distribution and governments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Yes, people on welfare should be limited to one child paid for. Do that and they wont have so many babies. They should be able to have as amny kids as they want, but I dont want to pay for their lack of planning.
    even people on welfare should have the right to have as many children as they want, However I do believe that the state has a duty to provide care for only one child, or two if they are born at the same time. Any more than that then the parents should be finding a way to support them or they have the infant taken from them and given to a family that is looking to adopt a child and can support it whilst not relying on state help.
    Last edited by Sigma; 2013-03-23 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  5. #5
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Yes, people on welfare should be limited to one child paid for. Do that and they wont have so many babies.
    If it was up to me they wouldn't be allowed that. I personally feel too many people out there have children who shouldn't already. If it were up to me their would be a parenting licence needed to have children or you get fined heavily or cut off of government aid completely. Just because you biologically can have children doesn't mean you can be a parent. People like this woman gets handouts and then wants to bitch that it's not enough.


  6. #6
    Banned sandmoth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No there shouldn't. As long as they can provide for them themselves then I don't see why anyone should be restricted on the amount of children they have.
    as for "finite resources" That's total hogwash.

    Solar, Wind, Nuclear these are all in use today types of energy production, There is more than enough land to be able to populate and feed the world as it is now and a lot more. The problems come from distribution and governments.
    Solar is a very inefficient way of producing electricity, and would require vast land spaces to be covered which could potentially harm the environment. The wind does not always blow. Lastly, nuclear waste is dangerous and requires thousands of years to burn off it's radioactivity.

  7. #7
    Pretty much i think it should go like this.

    You end up on a talk show or reality show and don't know who the dad is from 12 guys. You get sterilized along with those 12 guys.
    You have 3 kids from 3 different guys tested over 30 guys none a match you get sterilized along with those 30 men.
    You don't support the kid sterilized.
    Pretty much if you go against supporting your kids or anything that isn't a healthy knowledge based environment for them you get sterilized.
    Also part of a gang sterilized.

    Now good home hard working parents that give time to their kid and have less than a 30% chance of growing up to become the next person cops chase down on cops, or be part of any of the above category then 3-4kids.

    Also all idiots that wear pants around their ankles for style sterilized. This worlds becoming more like idiocracy. Also sterilize all members of any MTV reality show


    EDIT:: Her everysingle one of those kids and that man plus the dads of the other 5 kids of hers need to be sterilized along with beat senseless. ty vindicatorx .. Really at the end she says someone needs to be held accountable and some one needs to pay. Gee think if she kept her damn legs closed or the dad kept it in his pants they wouldn't be in this mess. Bad parents are bad parents

    Last edited by Naftc; 2013-03-23 at 05:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Would the purple whale rain spoons from the apple tree to help the giraffe?

  8. #8
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,573
    No. Even though the stories that annoy me the most are the people that have all these kids and not enough money to pay for it, like come on now...think ahead. But yea, no. What would be next, limit on animals too?


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Pretty much i think it should go like this.

    You end up on a talk show or reality show and don't know who the dad is from 12 guys. You get sterilized along with those 12 guys.
    You have 3 kids from 3 different guys tested over 30 guys none a match you get sterilized along with those 30 men.
    You don't support the kid sterilized.
    Pretty much if you go against supporting your kids or anything that isn't a healthy knowledge based environment for them you get sterilized.
    Also part of a gang sterilized.

    Now good home hard working parents that give time to their kid and have less than a 30% chance of growing up to become the next person cops chase down on cops, or be part of any of the above category then 3-4kids.

    Also all idiots that wear pants around their ankles for style sterilized. This worlds becoming more like idiocracy. Also sterilize all members of any MTV reality show


    EDIT:: Her everysingle one of those kids and that man plus the dads of the other 5 kids of hers need to be sterilized along with beat senseless. ty vindicatorx .. Really at the end she says someone needs to be held accountable and some one needs to pay. Gee think if she kept her damn legs closed or the dad kept it in his pants they wouldn't be in this mess. Bad parents are bad parents

    lets just sterilize everyone that plays wow while we're at it. also those COD kids. and oh, lets not forget 4chaners before they feel left out.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    452
    Oh com'on there are 2 blatant stereotypes and forced abortion in the first post.
    This post is the poster child of everything that is wrong with this offtopic section and has no business being on this forum

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Rendia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arse-end of Nowheresville
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Solar is a very inefficient way of producing electricity, and would require vast land spaces to be covered which could potentially harm the environment. The wind does not always blow. Lastly, nuclear waste is dangerous and requires thousands of years to burn off it's radioactivity.
    Solar has become much more efficient recently.

    The turbines used for wind power have become more efficient recently as well.

    And *gasp* newer nuclear plants run cleaner than ever before. The waste is still there, yes, but much less of it.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

  12. #12
    No, people should be able to have as many kids as they want... if they can handle it. (By handling it, I am talking about NO foodstamps, NO welfare) There is a family in a neighboring city of mine, they just adopted 15 kids. He makes a lot of money and can handle it. ( http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=24336118 )

    I think birth control and smart family planning is good, but don't abort if you have an unplanned baby, please!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Boogieknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    679
    I think in the long run that it will happen, it's bound to. However I think there should be deterrents to encouraging more kids. It's odd how a family with 2 kids has money issues, but families with multiple kids like the Duggars and Octomom seem to be having no issues whatsoever. Maybe remove deductions after so many kids, say 2 children, so that they become more of a personal burden the more you have. I agree if you can afford 20 kids then you should be able to have them, but if you choose to have 20 kids you should be 100% accountable for all costs of the children with no additional help from the government.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

  14. #14
    Not to be mean or anything but your standard is3 children for each couple but then you have divorce etc in the mix of children from different fathers/mothers. But the real counter I would toss out is that the rich use more resources than the poor by far. So should we limit the rich to only owning 4 or fewer vehicles and no private planes as well? I really don't think number of children is burdening the globes resources but rather who is using them and for what.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  15. #15
    Ive worked with some people and all they see there children as is a tax credit and more money back at the end of the year. I have seen people pay to have someone else claim a child on taxes just to fraud the government. Its dumb Spanish and Blacks and white trash that should be limited because they are the only senseless idiots doing crap like this oh and the Duggars

    Infracted: Please do not make racist comments
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-23 at 07:21 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    lets just sterilize everyone that plays wow while we're at it. also those COD kids. and oh, lets not forget 4chaners before they feel left out.
    People that play games aren't bad people unless they fall into any of those categories. CoD kids probably idk never played call of duty multiplayer. 4chaners na the world needs comedians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Would the purple whale rain spoons from the apple tree to help the giraffe?

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,694
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Because I am in a rather vindictive mood this evening. My solution is that their should be a 3 child limit imposed globally, and if a person knowingly has another child, then abortion is forced. And the remains get processed for use in the agricultural industry as fertilizer. This would help crop efficiency, and turn others bad decisions into a net gain for a society.
    Any government and anyone who supported said government that attempted to enforce this upon my future wife would suffer greatly. You wouldn’t have to worry about population reduction after it ended.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Yes, people on welfare should be limited to one child paid for. Do that and they wont have so many babies. They should be able to have as amny kids as they want, but I dont want to pay for their lack of planning.
    Number of people who will lose crucial help that they need: A fucking lot.
    Number of people who will not have extra children because of this: Insignificant.
    Number of people who currently have babies to get more money: Insignificant.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Banned because I'm Badass!
    Posts
    3,573
    What does crucial help mean?. They lose the color tv and satelite cable?

  20. #20
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    3 kids not enough for you?
    it's three more than I'm having

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •