View Poll Results: Will you try Hearthstone?

Voters
854. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    682 79.86%
  • No

    172 20.14%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    When i was small i loved Pokémon.

    then i started collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards when a got a bit older, and actually understood how to play the game, witch made it more fun. never learned how to play Pokémon, and still doubt i do.

    Then i started collecting Duelmasters cards. again, a great tcg game i could play and challenge my friends at. was really into it.


    ofcourse i've grown older now, and tcgames doesn't really apply to me as it once did. and you can't trade the cards you get in it, so that kind of ruins the purpose of a trading card game.

    but who knows. might be fun to try out once i'm done in the army. could imagine it being a great time killer.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,143
    I couldn't care less about it. If I think WoW is boring as shit why would I want to try a card game of it.

  3. #23
    Bloodsail Admiral TheCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Graz (Austria)
    Posts
    1,090
    been playing Magic: The Gathering for quite some time and recently I bought the PC Game Duels of the Plainswalkers ... was very disappointed in that one since you could only play with premade decks ... of course, wizards of the coast want their actual card game be the main income, not some shabby computergame, but still i was disappointed ^^

    hope that Hearthstone makes a better job at providing a strategic card game with lots of customization options.
    My signature was too big, so now I use this one.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    I couldn't care less about it. If I think WoW is boring as shit why would I want to try a card game of it.
    Possibly because they are completely different kinds of games.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupsy View Post
    Try? Yes. Spend money on it? Almost certainly not.

    We already have a World of Warcraft trading card game, and if you can find a local store to play battlegrounds and other events at, its an excellent game. If you're interested in trying a World of Warcraft trading card game, visit Cryptozoic's WoWTCG official website and use the 'Store locator'. Its a better game with a long history and a friendly, devoted playerbase for casual as well as competitive play. There's far greater freedom in deckbuilding and if you're lucky you can score loot cards.

    As an avid player and collector of WoW TCG, I'm immensely disappointed that Blizzard opted to go with Hearthstone - which is definitely an inferior game and is obviously more suited to a casual audience that don't play a lot of TCG's. Meanwhile, the WoW TCG still needs an online platform (many players have been asking for it since the game began several years ago). Sadly, when Hearthstone launches on Battlenet, having the two co-exist online without a lot of confusion seems unlikely to ever happen.

    I know some WoW TCG players I meet and play with regularly, who are happy with the announcement for Hearthstone, but most of us at least agree this is deeply confusing, and all of us agree this should have been about the existing TCG, not a new game. The fact Hearthstone recycles artwork from the original TCG, and that Blizzard didn't even mention the TCG at all during their announcement was really disappointing (they mention Magic during their trailer, but pretend like the Wow TCG doesn't exist.)


    TL;DR - I'll continue playing, collecting and enjoying the existing TCG, but if I can find time to play Hearthstone as well, I will. Just not going to spend a single cent on it.
    You also have to consider that Hearthstone might be a gateway drug for the actual TCG.

    I think most of the people who play the WoW TCG are probably already TCG fans. Plus you have to spend money to even get started playing the game, and it can be potentially very expensive to play on a competitive level.

    Whereas Hearthstone has no entry fee and is supposed to be easy to learn.

    And I'd suggest waiting to actually play the game before immediately deciding it's inferior. It might be just as much fun, or even more fun. You don't know.

    The few hands-on reviews I've seen out of PAX have been very positive.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    I couldn't care less about it. If I think WoW is boring as shit why would I want to try a card game of it.
    Maybe for the same reason you read a message board about it and post comments about it?
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-23 at 08:32 AM.

  6. #26
    I will absolutely play this game. I used to work for a major TCG company and had literally tens of thousands of cards including ones signed by my co-workers and artists. When I left my ex, he stole all my cards. I can't afford to replace them, so I just gave up the game. I've played many game versions of TCGs, my favorite by far being one called Culdcept. They're all fun but none of them compared to the game I gave up. Blizzard has a very special skill at taking the best aspects of several games in whatever game genre they work in and polishing them till they glimmer. I have yet to be disappointed by a Blizzard game (even Diablo3 - that game was gorgeous!) and I look forward to seeing what they have done with TCGs.

  7. #27
    ill give it a shot. always wondered how these things work and the accessible UI and lack of expense is a good time ot get my head around it

  8. #28
    Yes, but only because its F2P. :P

  9. #29
    High Overlord Alberichs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    130
    Yeah, but as others have said, only because it's free. I was hoping for something big like Warcraft 4 or something, way he worded things to start with made me think of it and the trailer seemed to point towards strategy of some kind. Nope, just a card game, thanks for that Blizz.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberichs View Post
    Yeah, but as others have said, only because it's free. I was hoping for something big like Warcraft 4 or something, way he worded things to start with made me think of it and the trailer seemed to point towards strategy of some kind. Nope, just a card game, thanks for that Blizz.
    Because there's no strategy involved in card games.

    Nope.

    None at all.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  11. #31
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,663
    Sure I'll give it a go. There is no way Blizzard is getting my money for this though.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberichs View Post
    Yeah, but as others have said, only because it's free. I was hoping for something big like Warcraft 4 or something, way he worded things to start with made me think of it and the trailer seemed to point towards strategy of some kind. Nope, just a card game, thanks for that Blizz.
    Have you learned NOTHING after all these years?
    Blizzard saves the big announcements for Blizzcon.

    And a card game doesnt involve any strategy? You're funny.

  13. #33
    Always wanted a CCG by my side. But every time I looked into the current CCG's I felt they were way too big and established for me to even understand were I should begin in the first place. So this will be a great opportunity for me. I am a bit irritated though because I have to wait so long for it. T_T

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupsy View Post
    Try? Yes. Spend money on it? Almost certainly not.

    We already have a World of Warcraft trading card game, and if you can find a local store to play battlegrounds and other events at, its an excellent game. If you're interested in trying a World of Warcraft trading card game, visit Cryptozoic's WoWTCG official website and use the 'Store locator'. Its a better game with a long history and a friendly, devoted playerbase for casual as well as competitive play. There's far greater freedom in deckbuilding and if you're lucky you can score loot cards.

    As an avid player and collector of WoW TCG, I'm immensely disappointed that Blizzard opted to go with Hearthstone - which is definitely an inferior game and is obviously more suited to a casual audience that don't play a lot of TCG's. Meanwhile, the WoW TCG still needs an online platform (many players have been asking for it since the game began several years ago). Sadly, when Hearthstone launches on Battlenet, having the two co-exist online without a lot of confusion seems unlikely to ever happen.

    I know some WoW TCG players I meet and play with regularly, who are happy with the announcement for Hearthstone, but most of us at least agree this is deeply confusing, and all of us agree this should have been about the existing TCG, not a new game. The fact Hearthstone recycles artwork from the original TCG, and that Blizzard didn't even mention the TCG at all during their announcement was really disappointing (they mention Magic during their trailer, but pretend like the Wow TCG doesn't exist.)


    TL;DR - I'll continue playing, collecting and enjoying the existing TCG, but if I can find time to play Hearthstone as well, I will. Just not going to spend a single cent on it.
    As said by Blizzard it's an experiment from their smallest developer group that typically just creates ideas for their other games. So they had a new idea that was good but didn't fit in any of their existing games so that they created a new one. In my opinion they just want to test micro transactions to a greater degree. We have some in WoW that are "expensive" but Hearthstone will have much cheaper transactions with only 1$ per booster.

    For me it's just that, an experiment. Looking how much money they can do with cheaper transactions while maintaining a good base value for free. They don't want to make the best TCG ever but just test other things and as it looks TCGs are great for testing micro transactions because players are already familiar with them.

    I will test it out and opted for the beta because I loved playing TCGs back in the days but I'm more interested in what they will do next and how successful Hearthstone will be.

  15. #35
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    59
    No.... .

  16. #36
    I'll try it, it's free and all.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  17. #37
    It looks pretty awesome, so I see no reason not to try it!

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Latvia.
    Posts
    360
    Never been into any card games and i doubt i will like it that much.
    But its free and its from blizz so there is no way i wont check it out.

  19. #39
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU (Finland)
    Posts
    283
    Of course I'm gonna try it. Most likely after it has launched I won't be seen outside much.

  20. #40
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,164
    Yeah I will most certainly try it. I've got a lot of mates who are big MTG geeks, and while I do own a deck or two - I'm complete shit at it mostly because they have 10+ years of experience on me, know all the cards and the universe etc, where as here we are all starting out fresh, and it's a universe and a franchise I care about.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •