Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    So Varian requests Moira to defend her own lands? That's your high king! Seems Moira is useless as Tyrande. I really want to see how bad they will implement Velen in future...
    Remember, Varian was the one that created the Council of Three Hammers. Moira is not very active and kinda isolationist, so this is Varian testing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    ( I'm pretty sure last years april fools joke was the raid boss voices all over azeroth?)
    That was DBM.

For 2012, Blizzard did the Zergotchi, Blizzard Kidzz and Supply Depot 2, I believe.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-03-23 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    That was DBM.
    LOL i remember that troll having yogg saron laugh at me as i logged on was such a hoot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't want her to join the Horde, I want her to join Garrosh and die painfully in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    She is the polar opposite of Garrosh in every regard. She also stands to gain nothing and lose everything for such an act. Not to mention how it just makes zero point for her to do something based on everything we know about her.

She has added something rather edgy to the Alliance. It would be a real shame to lose her.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    She is the polar opposite of Garrosh in every regard. She also stands to gain nothing and lose everything for such an act. Not to mention how it just makes zero point for her to do something based on everything we know about her.

She has added something rather edgy to the Alliance. It would be a real shame to lose her.
    Don't get me wrong, I say this because I think the Dark Irons are cool enemies and that it would be a shame they became "those other good dwarves with dark skin". But I also want the story to be coherent, the Alliance shouldn't accept the Dark Irons just because Moira is loyal.

But if she died doing something that stupid, part of the Dark Iron clan would return to Blackrock and choose a new evil leader while those who did want to join the Alliance would have a good opportunity to show their loyalty.

Also, her son is a much more interesting character than her, becoming the war orphan half-son of both clans could create a new Anduin or a new Me'dan, depending on how Blizzard handles his story.

Also, her son is a much more interesting character than her, becoming the war orphan half-son of both clans could create a new Anduin or a new Me'dan, depending on how Blizzard handles his story.
    And THAT is what you call interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Anduin? Yes.

Me'dan would be the worst case scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Who bets that at the end of this scenario moira will find herself in grave danger, just to be saved by "appearing in last second" Varian ? That would fit overall theme of warcraft and varian's current development.

Deleted
    But I also want the story to be coherent, the Alliance shouldn't accept the Dark Irons just because Moira is loyal.
    That story was already told and led to the creation of the Council of Three Hammers, the rebel Dark Iron were already dealt with (they joined the Twilight Hammer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I say this because I think the Dark Irons are cool enemies and that it would be a shame they became "those other good dwarves with dark skin". But I also want the story to be coherent, the Alliance shouldn't accept the Dark Irons just because Moira is loyal.
    But they aren't "good". The Alliance actually has amongst it's ranks a legitimately grey race for once. On top of this it has given the Dwarves a story personal to them rather than them just being short Humans with rather OTT beards.

How does it not make the story coherent to have the Dark Irons in the Alliance? So far the vast majority of Dark Irons haven't done anything disloyal to warrant their race being removed. The cases we have seen so far have been ones orchestrated by the Twilight's Hammer. The rest have so far been fine. Heck as pointed some have actually died fighting for the Alliance on Pandaria.

But if she died doing something that stupid, part of the Dark Iron clan would return to Blackrock and choose a new evil leader while those who did want to join the Alliance would have a good opportunity to show their loyalty.
    As I aid they're already showing and have shown their loyalty. They deserve a second chance, they were enslaved by a freaking Elemental Lord for heavens sake.

I'm having a very hard time not being overly blunt about this. This idea is just bad. We don't need another Anduin. We don't need more white knights. We need more grey and edgy and the Dark Irons have added it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    For a change I agree with you. Less white knights. I want to see the Dark Irons be edgy and not reduced to tragic white knight heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But they aren't "good". The Alliance actually has amongst it's ranks a legitimately grey race for once. On top of this it has given the Dwarves a story personal to them rather than them just being short Humans with rather OTT beards.

How does it not make the story coherent to have the Dark Irons in the Alliance? So far the vast majority of Dark Irons haven't done anything disloyal to warrant their race being removed. The cases we have seen so far have been ones orchestrated by the Twilight's Hammer. The rest have so far been fine. Heck as pointed some have actually died fighting for the Alliance on Pandaria.

As I aid they're already showing and have shown their loyalty. They deserve a second chance, they were enslaved by a freaking Elemental Lord for heavens sake.

I'm having a very hard time not being overly blunt about this. This idea is just bad. We don't need another Anduin. We don't need more white knights. We need more grey and edgy and the Dark Irons have added it.

For a change I agree with you. Less white knights. I want to see the Dark Irons be edgy and not reduced to tragic white knight heroes.
    The problem with edgy races is that they will betray you sooner or later. The Bronzebeard and the Wildhammer know that. The Dark Iron dwarves are like mad goblins, they pursue power instead of money. They weren't slaved by Ragnaros, he promised power, he gave them power, they were his minions, and they seemed happy about it.

Can the Alliance really trust them? It's like getting black dragons or dreadlords into their army.

Even worse, if they actually become an active part of the Alliance and they behave just like any other race, they will lose their personality. They are Dark Irons because they are untrustworthy, that's what they have always been, that's what is cool about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with edgy races is that they will betray you sooner or later. The Bronzebeard and the Wildhammer know that. The Dark Iron dwarves are like mad goblins, they pursue power instead of money.
    You keep blabbering on about betrayal yet the only betrayal we've seen is Twilight's Hammer infiltrating them. So far there hasn't been any from Moira's faction.

They weren't slaved by Ragnaros, he promised power, he gave them power, they were his minions, and they seemed happy about it.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/War_of_the_T...y_of_Warcraft)

"Though Thaurissan was killed by the forces he had unleashed, his surviving brethren were ultimately enslaved by Ragnaros and his elementals."

Then there's this quest - http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Dark_Iron_Legacy

"I stood by and watched the corruption of Ragnaros seep through the hearts and minds of the Dark Iron nation. This once honorable race, driven to madness... to evil."

Can the Alliance really trust them? It's like getting black dragons or dreadlords into their army.
    It really isn't. There have dealings with Dark Irons for a long time in WoW, the Thorium Brotherhood definitely show what the race is like given the chance. Plus like I mentioned they were enslaved, judging their previous actions needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. On top of this we know that the Dwarves were able to co-exist before the War of Three Hammers.

They are in the same boat as the Orcs. They were a race of decent people who became enslaved by a more powerful force who eventually became physically afflicted because of their enslavement. Both have a rough edge but ultimately need a second chance.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-03-23 at 12:10 PM.

Those level 3 trolls we've been killing for 8 years are such a threat. Damn.

Yeah I was pretty excited to see dwarves FINALLY get story, other than comic relief or titanic. But when I was thinking about it last night I realized that varian was requesting moira to defend DWARVEN lands. What they are doing to the alliance races is just pathetic really. They are all being made to look like incompetent morons who can't do anything unless white thrall comes and tells them how it is done.

Dwarves are my favorite race so forgive me if I seem a little bitter.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    So Varian requests Moira to defend her own lands? That's your high king! Seems Moira is useless as Tyrande. I really want to see how bad they will implement Velen in future...
    It's Moira. She'd probably love to see the Frostmane invade Ironforge, kill Falstad and Muradin, and leave her in a position to drive them out and finally take the throne for herself.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Yeah I was pretty excited to see dwarves FINALLY get story, other than comic relief or titanic. But when I was thinking about it last night I realized that varian was requesting moira to defend DWARVEN lands. What they are doing to the alliance races is just pathetic really. They are all being made to look like incompetent morons who can't do anything unless white thrall comes and tells them how it is done.

Dwarves are my favorite race so forgive me if I seem a little bitter.
    Yup. Apparently the Dwarves, a race older than humans, who train most new Paladins in sword-fighting, who have a legacy of fighting for honor, need Human-Metzen to teach them how to fight a few trolls. Just as Orc-Metzen needs to teach the Trolls how to fight as well.

I don't get what the big deal about Varian requesting Moira do the fighting instead of Muradin or Falstad. The dwarves being secluded in their mountain fortresses have almost entirely fought the frostmane snow trolls. Now that they have Zandalari backing they're a whole new type of enemy. Powerful magic, spirit shielding, and magical wards against aerial attacks. So what's wrong with Varian telling them, "Hey, send the magically inclined dwarves to fight these trolls now that they have powerful magic"?

We don't know the context of this request. Varian might simply be requesting her to hold off her attack until his champions, that being us, have gotten rid of the storm. or he might request her specifically over other potential leaders. We have too little info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    This sounds to me like an excuse to give the dwarfs something to do seeing that they have been strangely quiet all xpac

I would love to see magni come back from being a diamond to put his daughter back in her place and reclaim ironforge
    Completely agree

The Dark Irons have been trying to destroy the Bronzebeard kingdom for centuries, she getting in love with one isn't enough for both clans to forget the past and become friends.

There may be good Dark Iron dwarves, but if those guys join the Alliance as a whole, they will become just another issue inside Ironforge. Moira doesn't have the power to rule the Dark Irons and force them to behave, and this has been seen already, it doesn't really matter if she is loyal, most Dark Irons aren't.

Either they prove themselves useful and loyal or they should be kicked back into their mountain.
    Exactly, you've hit the nail

This patch means an absolute involvement of the moorish dwarfs in the Alliance, which to my way of seeing and understanding the Alliance is a major regression: Dark Iron dwarves have been bitter enemies of the other two dwarf clans in particular and of the rest of the Alliance in general for generations, and now they are supposed to work together for the Alliance? It is not credible at all!, but hey, we already know Blizzard and its lack of interest in the lore of their own games.

The moorish dwarves should go immediately to the Horde, it cannot be trusted in them... and that traitor named Moira with her little Dark Iron bastard should be expelled from the Alliance by hook or by crook, by the mere coherence and image of the Alliance. Dark Iron dwarves are a cursed race: they never should have left their mountain...

Magni, back soon!, we need you! get rid of your traitor daughter!

Also, last but not least, this scenario also implies even more disrepute for the Zandalari! The Zandalari, once the last incorruptible trolls, the mother race of all trolls tribes, the trolls wiser and civilized... now turned into mere fodder for quests: regrettable, so many missed opportunities... outrageous.

Hopefully Vol'jin as new leader of the Horde can redeem those Zandalari loyal to Rastakhan (not the loyalists of Prophet Zul) and make them join the Horde, which would seem the most sensible, reasonable and strategic development for the new Horde itself.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-23 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Completely agree

This patch means an absolute involvement of the moorish dwarfs in the Alliance, which to my way of seeing and understanding the Alliance is a major regression: Dark Iron dwarves have been bitter enemies of the other two dwarf clans in particular and of the rest of the Alliance in general for generations, and now they are supposed to work together for the Alliance? It is not credible at all!, but hey, we already know Blizzard and its lack of interest in the lore of their own games.

The moorish dwarves should go immediately to the Horde, it cannot be trusted in them... and that traitor named Moira with her little Dark Iron bastard should be expelled from the Alliance by hook or by crook, by the mere coherence and image of the Alliance. Dark Iron dwarves are a cursed race: they never should have left their mountain...

Magni, back soon!, we need you! get rid of your traitor daughter!

Also, last but not least, this scenario also implies even more disrepute for the Zandalari! The Zandalari, once the last incorruptible trolls, the mother race of all trolls tribes, the trolls wiser and civilized... now turned into mere fodder for quests: regrettable, so many missed opportunities... outrageous.

Hopefully Vol'jin as new leader of the Horde can redeem those Zandalari loyal to Rastakhan (not the loyalists of Prophet Zul) and make them join the Horde, which would seem the most sensible, reasonable and strategic development for the new Horde itself.
    So, black dwarves are moorish? Racist much?