Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    if the "Lazy" players are the most of the player base that pay their monthly subscription, then Blizzard would be stupid not to cater towards them

as for the new model of leveling professions, there is NOTHING stopping you from doing it the old way if you want.
    However since I have several toons that I would like to level level, and each of these have professions that need to be leveled I welcome the ability to be easily able to switch my professions from character to character so that I don't have combinations like a Tailoring / Herbing DK, and instead give him mining and blacksmith and put Herbing / Tailoring on my Priest.

Not only will flying round Pandaria greatly increase the speed of my gathering, it will ensure that all the herbs I collect will be of use to either me or the guild. Rather than spending a couple of hours gathering only to turn into inks and glyphs that no one ever wants and end up being vendored.

Lazy players are those that have alot of time to committ into the game but use the convenient methods blizzard designed for peoples with less time, playing amish mode is totally up to you, if you have time but use the short way then you have no right to QQ.
    Levelling a profession can be done with the new method or the old you are the one who decided to take the new.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Ok, OP, you have no idea what you are talking about and just picking at stuff for the sake of complaining.

They made cooking 1-600 easy, yes. But they made up for that with the Mastering, which required a lot of effort when the expansion was out. Cooking is a secondary profession, like First Aid, it should be fast and easy to level up without having to pay a lot for the mats off the AH.

Herbalism and Mining are an absolute pain to level up, and players resorted to botting (not just gold farmers use bots) to level it. While it won't stamp out botting completely, it's much better to focus on one continent that players are still happy to explore and still have stuff to do in (treasure finding, rare killing, dailies).

You should maybe do some research on BS levelling via Ghost Iron before commenting. It is EXPENSIVE to do it that way, most of the time you are better off leveling it the old fashioned way. It is there to fill the void if a certain material is unavailable or being sold for extortionate amounts on the AH.

I see the same things wrong with the game that the OP does. Sometimes I think that the problem is actually that the devs don't want to be working on World of Warcraft, but on a quicker, lighter game that was never intended to have any time, effort, or skill requirements. (Maybe World of Super-Mario? ) But then I see comments like yours, and think maybe the OP is right. You want the benefits (having the skill maxed) and you obviously don't want to invest any time into it. On the gripping hand, I can't really blame you. Leveling professions is boring - now.

What's really going on here is symptomatic of a larger problem with WoW - Blizzard keeps gutting their own content and then comes back years later and goes, "OMG! XXX sucks! We need to make it even easier!" And then they chop something even further, using the "it sucks now" argument as their excuse. Look at the stuff you're complaining about being hard and boring. Cooking and Fishing used to have some complexity. There were quests that pushed you into and around the world. You were happy to find new and rare recipes. Leveling them wasn't a chore, but it did take effort and not everyone did it. And that was all ok. Professions produced gear that was actually relevant and useful.

But, oh noes, that was too hard. Blizzard had to make it easier and more streamlined so everyone could do it. (which, incidentally, let them cut corners when doing profession-related development for new expansions...) Quests, hard-to-find recipes, anything that actually challenged players (or took dev time) had to go. Blacksmithing used to have a whole questlines that went along with it. (Does the Mithril Order even still exist anymore?) Items connected to professions were scrubbed. Specializations and the more unique pieces of gear that were still occasionally fun or useful were ditched. And then they revamped and sped-up the leveling process without changing the profession-produced gear to match, making the process of crafting all those items even more irrelevant. And then players started to complain that leveling professions was boring. Gee, I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The PvP changes have nothing to do with being lazy at all. They are trying to fix it. We still don't know why the changes were made and what else will be done, the patch notes have been out a day give them a chance to explain.
    PvP has been a bloody mess for years and years. Resilience has never particularly worked well, but throwing in PvP Power was compound idiocy. The little PvP i have done in MoP was pretty damn awful. I've no idea how the 5.3 changes will play out, but based on past experience lets just say I'm skeptical.

It seems to me that the laziness here isn't on the part of the players, it's on the part of Blizzard. They don't want to put in the time and effort (and all-important $$$) to do anything right anymore, so they slap quick duct-tape bandages on gaping wounds in the game, ignore them until they start to fester and rot, and then go do some surgery with a chainsaw.

I've done ALL of these things a million times already. I want them to be easier now for my millionth alt that I'm leveling.

Am I lazy? No. Is the absolute majority of WoW population that are just like me, lazy? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated what TBC did to BGs by introducing Arenas, adding ladders only for that type of PvP, and giving the best rewards only by participating in it. I loathed PvP in WotLK because of the insane reaction times you needed as a healer at the start of each Arena game to make sure your team even survived and that there was no way to focus on just PvP as a guild without being heavily gimped in resources compared to a PvE guild.

Cataclysm may not have got a lot of things right, but it did improve PvP in a significant way for me by introducing rated BGs and trying to slow down the immediate Zerg fests that were WotLK Arenas. Have no wishes of going backwards in the development of PvP like TBC and WotLK did.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-03-23 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    I do not agree, PvP and PvE titles including gladiator, gladiator mounts, hardmode gear, PvE titles, are great rewards designed for hardcore gamers, and that's enough.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-23 at 02:22 PM.

I don't consider MOP "casual friendly", at least not *more* casual friendly than the last few expansions, because MOP isn't alt friendly. You can't simultaneously be casual-friendly and alt-hostile. The very definition of casual play are people who don't spend the maximum time and effort to min/max up their characters, learn rotations and stats and theorycraft, max out professions, watch videos, make 3 or 4 raid windows a week on a character capable of doing that.

The time they play when they aren't doing that? They are probably leveling something else. And I don't think WoW has ever been *less* friendly toward altaholics, other than maybe vanilla (by reputation, I was playing CoH at the time, which was alt-xanadu).

I don't have any issues with the changes (as a long time player). They try things and didn't care for the way it worked and are going to try something else, and that's the way it should be. With what looks like 3 mans being the new 5 man, I won't be surprised if 5 mans go away. I also wouldn't be surprised if 10 mans turn into 7-8 mans and 25's go to 15 or 20. On paper I like the pvp changes; I might actually do more of that now.

ah yes, that special feeling of being able to 1 shot noobs because your gear is so amazing and their gear is so shitty because it's so difficult later on to gear up without feeling so useless because you're the one getting one shot.

imagine if they just gave everyone the same PvP gear, and PvP was about skill and not gear, like it is in high rated arenas? whew, that would just... suck so much. I'd feel so crappy at PvP if everyone had the same gear as me.

things like professions, well, have you ever been at a point in a profession that required one item that went for 1k gold on the AH, and was hard to farm? hell I still will never max fishing, as easy as it is it's monotonous

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    ah yes, that special feeling of being able to 1 shot noobs because your gear is so amazing and their gear is so shitty because it's so difficult later on to gear up without feeling so useless because you're the one getting one shot.

imagine if they just gave everyone the same PvP gear, and PvP was about skill and not gear, like it is in high rated arenas? whew, that would just... suck so much. I'd feel so crappy at PvP if everyone had the same gear as me.

things like professions, well, have you ever been at a point in a profession that required one item that went for 1k gold on the AH, and was hard to farm? hell I still will never max fishing, as easy as it is it's monotonous
    You'd probably still be bad though.

Signs that Blizzard are giving in to lazy players:

Every day that WoW's been in existence?

Deleted
    A good load of constructive criticism and feedback, although some on the harsher side.
    Maybe its just because i have been playing a long time and always dislike huge changes. I didnt want to comment too much on pve as i know what people on the forums are like when it comes to the particular topic of raiding.

Professions is the still thing that i am most disappointed by.Just remembering how long it took me to level my first two professions up to max level on one of my characters, feeling so proud that i finally succeeded with all that hard work and now professions are just a walk in the park to level .

I don't really understand how the gathering changes are going to hurt the mats economy. People who have gathering professions typically don't buy mats from the AH.

I'm pretty sure the people buying my stacks of rugged leather for 200g each don't have skinning as one of their professions.. Unless they're changing how the material-using professions work, I don't see this affecting the "mat industry" of WoW.

About the Raids,
    LFR = Casuals who don;t have time to raid OR gearing alt (not crying there)
    Normals = Average guilds who enjoy spending time with each other to kill some bosses
    Heroic = For the hardcore players *note* I'm pretty sure MoP heroics are some of the hardest raids Bliz has made in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Firstly, i'd like to say that i completely understand that blizzard are trying to aim WOW in MOP towards the more casual player and have seen the positive. However, i would like to voice my concerns and disappointment to the direction that wow is going.
    I stopped there.

They're balancing out Casual with Hardcore extremely well.

They're not aiming for just one crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post

It seems to me that Blizzard are totally ruining the hard work that they have done in the past, and merely down tuning it to make this game casual friendly, making the game feel very lazy
    Here's a thought, view it from this angle.

Blizzard reconized that this is a video game and that video games are meant to be fun and enjoyable. Blizzard, after thousands of hours of studies and reviewing the statistical data, learned that the achievements and "Hard work" put in to WoW didn't have a single effect on people's real life job Performance Reviews. In turns out, grinding 300 hours for materials was not viewed as "applicable" to Bob's duties as a construction worker. It also turns out that Jane, was still viewed to be a highly capable and valuable consultant, even though she refused to do dailies and grind exalted with the Golden Lotus

Blizzard recently announced "We're here to sell a product. We going to try and reach as many people with this product as we can. That means there is going to be some give and take in all areas of the game and OBTW, it is a video game and shouldn't be used to try and measure how lazy people are or are not"
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-03-23 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    PvP is about balance and mechanical skills not who can grind the hours getting the gear, the people who still grind however will gain the mechanical skills thus enabling them to beat people even though that they don't have an upperhand in terms of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Here's a thought, view it from this angle.

Blizzard reconized that this is a video game and that video games are meant to be fun and enjoyable.
    Some people seem to forget this about WoW.

It's a game, not a lifestyle nor a life you HAVE to live.

Games are subjective, but their main purpose is the be entertaining and fun.

If it's not for you, you stop playing it. It's as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Well I agree partly for the pvp gear. Back inn TBC when I made it to 1850, or 2k I was very happy. Even if I played as a restro druid/SL 2v2...

I sucked anyway, so was happy when I had it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a game for fuck's sake. It's not supposed to be all work and struggle. Playing the game for hours on end by definition is lazy from the standpoint of your real life.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."