Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    It's a game for fuck's sake. It's not supposed to be all work and struggle. Playing the game for hours on end by definition is lazy from the standpoint of your real life.
    Thank you for the new sig. I just lol'd so hard at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Happy to oblige
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    PVP- It feels like blizzard have dug a huge hole, adding pvp power and now in patch 5.3, they want to change pvp and give resilience to every single player. While i see this is another good change for casual players as well as the removal of the 2.2k boundary on gear. It kind of ruins the whole "special" feeling of pvp.

TBC and WOTLK had a great pvp system i thought- rewarding players with gear when they reach a certain level for each set piece. This gave players who wanted to pvp something to aim for, something to achieve and feel proud of themselves. With a little time and effort put in on learning how to play, a lot of players would reach it. Now, i feel as though there is nothing to really aim for in pvp. It feels like daily quests- you have to cap every week to get to conquest point boundary where you can then buy the elite tyrannical gear( even this is being thrown away in patch 5.3).

From these points, while nice for the casual player which i understand, it really makes this game feel a lot less rewarding, a lot less special and kinda disappointing

Anybody else agree?
    This is history through rose tinted goggles or glasses if I ever saw it.

Burning Crusade had HORRIBLE PVP rewards. I mean absolutely pathetic and horrendous.

The honor cap was 75,000 and at the onset of BC a staff alone took 45,000 honor to purchase. Now I want to put that into some kind of perspective for people that are going to say weapons now are 3,500 on a 4,000 honor cap. Yes, they are. However during BC 45,000 would take 3 12-15 hour days of an AV weekend to accumulate 45,000 honor.

To make things worse? You had to collect currency for various pieces. AV marks, Warsong marks, Arathi marks, EOTS marks. If your faction was horrible in your battlegroup at EOTS? Guess what, you're doing 25-30 EOTS matches to get boots. Trust me, I remember that number well and the item I had to play EOTS for. I was Alliance on Emberstorm in BC.

Estimated honor versus awarded at server/daily reset time. Oh your log says you earned 18,000 honor. Guess what, that's estimated. Final calculations won't be done until 4-5AM then you'll know what you actually got. Played a lot of AV? Well that estimate was high, you actually have 15,000 honor. Yes, you mysteriously had 3,000 honor regularly vanish day, after day, after day. I shudder to think how much "estimated" honor I lost during BC.

Conquest point rewards. Not 2200? You're going to walk around like a clown in last seasons shoulders. Likewise you had to wait until WEEKLY reset to collect your Conquest points and oh, guess what, there was no cap, it too was estimated and when servers came up after maintenance you knew if your estimate was right or too high. You may have capped on Wednesday but you ain't gettin' yer stuff 'til Tuesday.

No thank you, there are about 10 different things I can say that were wrong about BC PVP gear acquisition, currency, scoring etc. It was not a great system.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    very simple and easy to follow.

majority - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/majority

the quality or state of being greater.

this represents the "lazy paying" players.

minority - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/minority

the smaller in number of two groups constituting a whole.

this represents the "snowflake paying" players.

Once the snowflakes outnumber the lazy then your opinion will matter.
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2013-03-23 at 05:25 PM.
    You cared enough to post.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In every way but 1 WoW has become easier.

They've tried to counter-balance the decrease in endgame difficulty by increasing the time and pain needed to gear up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Playing video games is a lazy activity in the first place. So by making video games you could say they are giving in to lazy players.

I disagree with the professions part. There's nothing fun about leveling professions in WoW, and I play WoW to have fun. Between my 4 level 90s one of them has 600 Mining, the next highest profession is Blacksmithing at like 220. I'd rather just not have professions than level them the way they are now, there's a difference between it being lazy and it feeling like a job. I don't get paid to play WoW, I'm not going to put in hours to level professions, because it simply isn't fun.

Raiding is kind of whatever, LFR is good I guess, but I wish the gear was a lower ilvl so it didn't feel so required sometimes. It's painful a lot of the time because of how terrible other players are, but I do enjoy the new Throne of Thunder outside of LFR.

PvP I agree with what you said 100%. My favorite PvP season was I think 7 when they had each item require a rating. At like 1350 you could buy bracers, then at 1450 you could buy boots, 1550 was gloves, etc. I felt that that was the best way to do it, because it made earning rating be beneficial in a different way than just getting more points. That being said, I do agree with them removing the 2200 requirement for Elite gear, because I don't think that there should be that massive of a gap between 2199 and 2201 just because the weapon hits twice as hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a game for fuck's sake. It's not supposed to be all work and struggle. Playing the game for hours on end by definition is lazy from the standpoint of your real life.
    I was on vent with a couple of buddies last week, watching the new round of gsl tournaments for sc2. One of the kids in vent along with us remarked that "north american players just don't have the work ethic like their asian brothers". I immediately responded yea cause it's not a fucking job you git it's a game. But that's what these people want. They want Blizzard to take the experience of being a McDonalds crew trainer and bringing into Warcraft and they think that will save warcraft. It's retarded and what's more retarded is that the developers have listened and CAVED TO THIS to a degree.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Oh haha, I also laughed so hard, this is so accurate beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Mind If I nab it too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Mind If I nab it too?
    Feel free. I didn't copyright it or anything
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I find it funny when people say "lazy players".
    Wow is not a job. People shouldn't need to swet blood and tears to get a bunch of pixels. The laziest I can be, the better.

Feel free. I didn't copyright it or anything
    You should! Then we could just drag it out whenever folks start yelling about being lazy for wanting QoL changes

Wow has always been the most casual friendly MMO since day 1. When you compare it to Everquest and FF11 for example, you didn't need an xp party just to level. However, they accelerated the NERF process at the end of Burning Crusade ever since someone wrote that 1% of the population ever saw Sunwell. It's not something that started with the pandas, but I guess it's a lot more noticeable than ever. It's an irreversible process sadly. Remember the whining in 4.1?

Deleted
    This game would not even hold a candle against some others in terms of grind, but i agree its silly calling certain people lazy while playing a game for refusing to put in effort.

Deleted
    Yeah I remember the days of WoW when you had to make groups to kill elite mobs because they were basically your only source of xp. I remember raids and dungeons being uninstanced with anybody free to roll in and mess up your boss kill. I remember the days when anyone could gank you and loot from you. Happy days indeed. Oh wait, wrong game, and even that game which had those nerfed or changed many of the features which made it so more "hardcore"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I was on vent with a couple of buddies last week, watching the new round of gsl tournaments for sc2. One of the kids in vent along with us remarked that "north american players just don't have the work ethic like their asian brothers". I immediately responded yea cause it's not a fucking job you git it's a game.
    To be fair, it is a job to the gsl players .

10+ Year Old Account
    Because professions are mandatory (you HAVE to have them if you want to play a game for raids/pvp). I mean, if you want to do dailies, collect pets and so on, you don't have to level a profession. Without a profession, making gold is pain in the ass, if you have problems with leveling profession in "old" way, you can spend (much) more gold to level it, than you could (if you need it to get your char ready to raids for example, you buy everything on AH and get you 600 skill points in one day, but you could fly around and collect resources and level profession for a 1-7 days).

They can make profession hard to level (but why? they are almost necessary), but currently, they are too annoying and boring to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    everything is better now and iam glad pvp is being more open then it was before. Pve still got there hardmode brackets and pvp is harder then ever so i dont get why your moaning about outdated dull versions being thrown out the game. Its an mmo not some special forces jobb afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a "lazy" player.. Not everyone can devote the same resources or time to the same thing someone else can. Should they not see the other 2/3rds of the game that they pay for, simply because person A works 40 hours a week? I don't think so.. And I don't think they should have to wait an extra 2 or 3 months to experience the same either..
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    This is history through rose tinted goggles or glasses if I ever saw it.

Burning Crusade had HORRIBLE PVP rewards. I mean absolutely pathetic and horrendous.

The honor cap was 75,000 and at the onset of BC a staff alone took 45,000 honor to purchase. Now I want to put that into some kind of perspective for people that are going to say weapons now are 3,500 on a 4,000 honor cap. Yes, they are. However during BC 45,000 would take 3 12-15 hour days of an AV weekend to accumulate 45,000 honor.

To make things worse? You had to collect currency for various pieces. AV marks, Warsong marks, Arathi marks, EOTS marks. If your faction was horrible in your battlegroup at EOTS? Guess what, you're doing 25-30 EOTS matches to get boots. Trust me, I remember that number well and the item I had to play EOTS for. I was Alliance on Emberstorm in BC.

Estimated honor versus awarded at server/daily reset time. Oh your log says you earned 18,000 honor. Guess what, that's estimated. Final calculations won't be done until 4-5AM then you'll know what you actually got. Played a lot of AV? Well that estimate was high, you actually have 15,000 honor. Yes, you mysteriously had 3,000 honor regularly vanish day, after day, after day. I shudder to think how much "estimated" honor I lost during BC.

Conquest point rewards. Not 2200? You're going to walk around like a clown in last seasons shoulders. Likewise you had to wait until WEEKLY reset to collect your Conquest points and oh, guess what, there was no cap, it too was estimated and when servers came up after maintenance you knew if your estimate was right or too high. You may have capped on Wednesday but you ain't gettin' yer stuff 'til Tuesday.

No thank you, there are about 10 different things I can say that were wrong about BC PVP gear acquisition, currency, scoring etc. It was not a great system.
    Small correction, Conquest Points were called Arena Points back then. Still, I fully agree with this, especially about the marks. The amount you needed to get compared to the usual 1 mark per lost BG you gained when playing were nightmarish when needing to deal with several BG marks. *shudders*