Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dat deathy's ability has a huge drawback.
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    "Mr Owl, how many gigantic starsurge crits does it take to get to the gooey center of a frost mage?"
    "Let's find out. One....two.....nerf. Nerf."
    "How many gigantic starsurge crits does it take to get to the gooey center of a frost mage? The world may never know."

Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    Dat deathy's ability has a huge drawback.
    Not if it's the only card in your hand and you have nothing on the field.

Perfect topdeck.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Ysera apparently has her own "Dream Deck" that you can draw cards from.
    Quoted from: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...with_some_new/

Answers the question about Malygos' card and +spellpower too I guess

"When you have a + Spell power card, spells will dynamically change their damage to the correct value and if you hover over the + Spell power card, you can see which cards are affected."
    And it seems that 10 cards is the hand cap. So those giants could become fairly low cost to summon it seems.

Rarely updated...

those are some powerful randoms stone/sea giants if they do more damage than the aspects lol :S

Nozdormu is abit lame, I thought this game was supposed to be an online game version of the real TCG? (Or am I mistaken?) that rule would never really be appliable in an irl TCG.

Tbh that kinda effect kinda cheeses the game abit.

that Nozdormu Ability is best evah, seriously that card will be a must in my decks, can't wait for opponents to drag 10 min per turn, hope blizz is smart enough to place timer on turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I thought this game was supposed to be an online game version of the real TCG? (Or am I mistaken?)
    Nope, stand alone game, though there is some overlap possibly in card ideas and heroes used, I'm not sure.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Battlecry abilities only activate when they are played. If you have a healing battlecry but are are full health, unless the card itself is amazing it's better to save it until you can make use of the ability.
    Then that brings another question. Is there a life cap? You can't gain health past a certain amount? Starting life seemed to be a lot, at least 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Starting hand size is 3 cards, 4 if you get lucky flip this coin flip thing. Max hand size is currently unknown, but I saw some massive hand sizes so there might not be one.
    Three? No way. That's...kind of crappy.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Then that brings another question. Is there a life cap? You can't gain health past a certain amount? Starting life seemed to be a lot, at least 40.
    Starting life was 30. And Bashiok commented that most of his games were usually over by the 7th-8th turn. So my guess is there's a decent amount of damage going out in turns.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Three? No way. That's...kind of crappy.
    Yugioh? 5 from 40 and 1 to start your turn, 6/40=15%
    MTG? 7 from 60 in Constructed, 1 to start your turn, 8/60=13.333...%
    Pokemon? 7 from 60, 1 to start your turn, 13.333...%
    UFS? Anything from 4 to 8 from 60, 6.66...% to 13.333...%
    Hearthstone? 3 or 4 from 30, 1 to start your turn, 13.333...% to 16.666...%

It's not a lot worse than most other games.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Starting life was 30. And Bashiok commented that most of his games were usually over by the 7th-8th turn. So my guess is there's a decent amount of damage going out in turns.
    At least 4DPT, considering that cards like Deathwing can dish out 12.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Yugioh? 5 from 40 and 1 to start your turn, 6/40=15%
    MTG? 7 from 60 in Constructed, 1 to start your turn, 8/60=13.333...%
    Pokemon? 7 from 60, 1 to start your turn, 13.333...%
    UFS? Anything from 4 to 8 from 60, 6.66...% to 13.333...%
    Hearthstone? 3 or 4 from 30, 1 to start your turn, 13.333...% to 16.666...%

It's not a lot worse than most other games.
    At least 4DPT, considering that cards like Deathwing can dish out 12.
    Three is still a bad hand regardless of how many cards are in the deck. Pretty much kills you for any kind of actual strategy. What if you can't draw any cards that you can afford? With three, it's a good chance that's going to happen, all to often. Unless you play some kind of weenie deck where everything costs 3 or less.

Also, what is DPT?

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

I don't really see why the sea and mountain gants need more mana crystals than dragons.
    Might that be because of their ability?

Run, rabbit run.
    Dig that hole, forget the sun,
    And when at last the work is done
    Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

Three is still a bad hand regardless of how many cards are in the deck. Pretty much kills you for any kind of actual strategy. What if you can't draw any cards that you can afford? With three, it's a good chance that's going to happen, all to often. Unless you play some kind of weenie deck where everything costs 3 or less.

Also, what is DPT?
    DPT must mean damage per turn

Anyway, i can understand your feeling about only 3 cards, but then again you've always got your Hero's ability to use from turn two onwards.
    That and having garanteed mana (imagine a MTG 7 card hand, now take off 2 or 3 lands, and baam there's your Hearthstone initial hand ) should make room for weenies decks like a murloc deck that would push small creatures and then put some that buff the rest, but there are soo many cards that i'd imagine it would be easy to counter.

In case you didn't see some of the cards we already know about i'm gonna leave here a link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...BbFhPT1E#gid=0
    If you wish to see the original reddit thread:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...th_incomplete/
    And in that thread there's a file with the images (or you could also check http://hearthstonegame.com/Main)

Quote Originally Posted by Necket View Post
    I don't really see why the sea and mountain gants need more mana crystals than dragons.
    Might that be because of their ability?
    I suppose their mana cost just reflects the fact that they aren't as "Epic" and should feel less powerful than Zhe Aspects, and their fellow dragons.
    Last edited by Zero_Raven; 2013-03-25 at 12:29 PM.

Also, what is DPT?
    Damage per turn.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Raven View Post
    Anyway, i can understand your feeling about only 3 cards, but then again you've always got your Hero's ability to use from turn two onwards.
    That and having garanteed mana (imagine a MTG 7 card hand, now take off 2 or 3 lands, and baam there's your Hearthstone initial hand ) should make room for weenies decks like a murloc deck that would push small creatures and then put some that buff the rest, but there are soo many cards that i'd imagine it would be easy to counter.

In case you didn't see some of the cards we already know about i'm gonna leave here a link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...BbFhPT1E#gid=0
    If you wish to see the original reddit thread:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...th_incomplete/
    And in that thread there's a file with the images (or you could also check http://hearthstonegame.com/Main)
    Oh yeah, that's the first thing I noticed about the game. Mana ramp happens automatically instead of relying on land cards to be drawn. Though, that doesn't leave room for special lands.

I was forgetting the card you draw on your first turn, so it's actually 4 or 5 depending on your luck. Game starts, you are shown 3 or 4 cards and told you can swap some out for new cards. Then you draw one card on your turn. Say you got all 5 mana cards, you could discard one or two and hope for something playable on your first turn in the replacements.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Oh yeah, that's the first thing I noticed about the game. Mana ramp happens automatically instead of relying on land cards to be drawn. Though, that doesn't leave room for special lands.
    No special landstrue but you've got a couple of ramping spells at least as a druid.

Really sucks that Malygos' artwork shows Kalecgos, what a silly mistake.

Nozdormu sounds like it could be either really annoying or one of the best cards to play