Thread: You, 0 A.D.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just to be clear, do we arrive naked or do we have everything we are currently wearing and carrying?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd stop those christian dark ages, that kinda ruined technology for the world..

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you mean 1 AD or 1 BC, I would have less than 28 years to get to Jerusalem to witness one of the two greatest events in human history or die trying. First I would need to travel to Alaska and cross over to Asia hopefully without getting myself killed or enslaved by the various native tribes. After traveling to a more civilized part of the world, it would probably help being a 6’6” giant among the predominantly shorter people of that time. I’d bet I could work as a servant/slave to some rich guy just due to the novelty of that while I learn a language used at the time. Then I could begin travel to the Roman Empire where it would take me a bit of time to learn Greek, Latin, and/or Aramaic while probably working as a servant/slave again. After I get Greek or Latin down, then I can start heading to Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Just to be clear, do we arrive naked or do we have everything we are currently wearing and carrying?
    You arrive exactly like a terminator would .
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Assuming you mean 1 AD or 1 BC, I would have less than 28 years to get to Jerusalem to witness one of the two greatest events in human history or die trying. First I would need to travel to Alaska and cross over to Asia hopefully without getting myself killed or enslaved by the various native tribes. After traveling to a more civilized part of the world, it would probably help being a 6’6” giant among the predominantly shorter people of that time. I’d bet I could work as a servant/slave to some rich guy just due to the novelty of that while I learn a language used at the time. Then I could begin travel to the Roman Empire where it would take me a bit of time to learn Greek, Latin, and/or Aramaic while probably working as a servant/slave again. After I get Greek or Latin down, then I can start heading to Jerusalem.

You arrive exactly like a terminator would
    You mean I have to drop a lot of muscle mass and make myself less badass? Sounds like a "Raw deal!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean I have to drop a lot of muscle mass and make myself less badass? Sounds like a "Raw deal!"
    and you get a badass accent to replace that silly nancy boy british accent

i keed i keed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You arrive exactly like a terminator would .
    Pretty much yea You wouldn't be able to bring any modern technology with you.

As for being a slave, I guess it depends on your ingenuity.If you know enough about modern technology or even enough to build yourself a plate armor and a voice amplifier with a potato battery. You might be able to convince people that youre the messenger from god or something.

Thats actually the point of this thread. How much you know and how much would you be willing to risk (your actions might change history). If you play your cards right, you might end up a god but if you do it wrong you will be a slave or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post

i keed i keed
    I don't know man, there is something definitely bad ass about someone who is about to crush your skull, but still has jolly accent and a chipper, high class vocabulary.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Unless I can treat my Type I Diabetes without insulin. I'd probably just go ahead and die :/ Might as well be a death sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    So nobody with the name Jesus was ever born? doubtful.
    You mean like my gardener? Yeah, he was born.

Deleted
    First I'd find a leaf and some cordage to fashion myself something to keep my junk in check, then I'd make it my life's mission to ensure religion never gets as much of a hold on the world as it currently has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post

i keed i keed
    Did you know that when Schwarzeneggers movies were first dubbed and released in Germany, they refused to let Arnie do the voiceovers for himself despite the fact it is his native language? Apparently his native accent makes him sound like a farmer or a yokel to other German speakers.

the logistics of this leave me w/ some questions like would i magically be transported to some part of the world with people. nobody would be speaking english so that rather limits any interaction w/ the people of the era. if you just appeared infront of a crowd of people in modern clothes and speaking a strange language you'd probably be mistaken for some kind of witch or demon.

i feel like this magical trip would just end in death and not accomplishing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Well if I were transported to the very same spot in 0 AD I would still be on the American Continent so I really wouldn't know what to expect.

I imagine being the first white man to show up in North America with a real pair of shoes and a Bic lighter would of made me seem like a god.
    considering the entire solar system isnt where it was 2k years ago who says you have to travel back in time to the same spot on the planet? also what happens when your lighter runs out in a week?

I would drown myself the first chance I got.

That is if I don't get executed for being some demon like above poster mentioned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that when Schwarzeneggers movies were first dubbed and released in Germany, they refused to let Arnie do the voiceovers for himself despite the fact it is his native language? Apparently his native accent makes him sound like a farmer or a yokel to other German speakers.
    thats pretty funny. i imagine something like that would apply to myself. growing up in kentucky i am often (and was quite a bit in the army as well) chastised for having a hick accent.

not nearly as bad as them carolina people but still fairly noticeable

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm 0 A.D here in America? Maybe ill try to advance Native American technology so we can one day cross the ocean to Europe and wipe them out before they wipe us out. Would be interesting to see how the world turn out that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I would start with steam engines, maybe I'd give them a bit of electricity to play around with, eventually history would do the rest
    The Greeks already used steam engines, so while it may not have seen widespread use, the technology was known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I'd stop those christian dark ages, that kinda ruined technology for the world..
    True the early church didn't exactly help, but the dark ages were the result of the fall of the roman empire. A lot of technology was lost or forgotten about.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Depeneding on the calandar you use there is no 0 A.D. so Ill use 1 B.C. and Since I live in America Id run around having the Native peoples create massive works that leads people in the future to believe ancient aliens visited us. Id also try to die in a place my body would be discovered in future to mess with people even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no 0 AD. The 0 wasn't around yet when the Julian calendar was made.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

i'd be lost since my current location was not founded before the 19th century and my house was build in in the late sixties.